More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(20-02-2017 12:12 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Carrier notes at least 7 reliable contemporary sources for Julius Caesar. Can you name even one for Jesus? Drinking Beverage

None of them are scientific sources, or particularly reliable. They're just writing what the Caeser cults at the time believed.

References required, AND you just made an unsupported assertion, AND you are unqualified to even speak on the subject.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2017, 02:43 PM
(20-02-2017 02:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So that would actually be a "no" from the dishonest troll. And you wonder why people call you a dishonest troll? Consider

No, I don't wonder about that, because I don't care, lol. I'm not looking to win a popularity contest.

And secondly, a troll is a person who intentionally seeks to provoke an emotional response. I personally don't care about your feelings enough to want to provoke them. If you feel frustrated, and angry by something I said, it wasn't my intention, but I also could care less.

Not being more considerate about your feelings might make me a dick, but doesn't make me a troll.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
20-02-2017, 02:46 PM
(20-02-2017 11:58 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 11:17 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a dolt.
Multiple sources WHO HATED HIM, recorded his destructive path in Gaul, AND there are multiple Roman records of him.

Still not scientific evidence.

They were likely writing about the beliefs of the Ceaser cult.

Prove it, with references and evidence.
The moon is made of green cheese.
Support your assertions with EVIDENCE, or STFU.
You really don't know what "scientific evidence" is do you ?
Google "historical methods" and the hierarchy of evidence.

You're really mentally ill, aren't you.
The reason you're here is to troll and annoy.
What ?
Not enough attention at home?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2017, 02:49 PM
(20-02-2017 02:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 02:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So that would actually be a "no" from the dishonest troll. And you wonder why people call you a dishonest troll? Consider

No, I don't wonder about that, because I don't care, lol. I'm not looking to win a popularity contest.

And secondly, a troll is a person who intentionally seeks to provoke an emotional response. I personally don't care about your feelings enough to want to provoke them. If you feel frustrated, and angry by something I said, it wasn't my intention, but I also could care less.

Not being more considerate about your feelings might make me a dick, but doesn't make me a troll.

"No, I don't wonder about that, because I don't care, lol. I'm not looking to win a popularity contest. "

"... but doesn't make me a troll."

Clearly you do care. More lies and obfuscation from tomato Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
20-02-2017, 02:57 PM
(20-02-2017 02:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Jesus? Zip. Nothing. Stone cold silence.

Except of course an eye witness account of someone who met his brother, and disciples. Not mention several compilations of the oral and written traditions of his life, and teachings.

There's also only one contemporary Roman historian chronicling anything going on in first century Palestine, and that's Josephus, and besides the disputed section of his writing, he does write of Jesus's, brother James's death, indicting that they were brothers as well.

So the stone cold silence among contemporary Roman sources at the time, applies to pretty much everyone living in Roman-Palestine at the time of Jesus, including Pilate. In fact the next and only reference to Pilate outside of Josephus, is by Tacitus, where Tacitus writes of Jesus being crucified under Pilate.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
20-02-2017, 03:28 PM
(20-02-2017 02:57 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 02:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Jesus? Zip. Nothing. Stone cold silence.

Except of course an eye witness account of someone who met his brother, and disciples. Not mention several compilations of the oral and written traditions of his life, and teachings.

There's also only one contemporary Roman historian chronicling anything going on in first century Palestine, and that's Josephus, and besides the disputed section of his writing, he does write of Jesus's, brother James's death, indicting that they were brothers as well.

So the stone cold silence among contemporary Roman sources at the time, applies to pretty much everyone living in Roman-Palestine at the time of Jesus, including Pilate. In fact the next and only reference to Pilate outside of Josephus, is by Tacitus, where Tacitus writes of Jesus being crucified under Pilate.

Josephus' little paragraph is a forgery. None of the early church fathers who read Josephus writings mention that passage. We still have the correspondence between the early church fathers discussing Josephus and references to that passage is a big zero and you can bet your sweet potato that they'd jump all over any reference to Jesus if it had been there.

Tacitus wrote his Annals in 110, long after Jesus died. He also wrote about witches and magic. So what. All it means is that mean witchcraft and magic was around but it doesn't make magic true?

(20-02-2017 02:57 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  So the stone cold silence among contemporary Roman sources at the time, applies to pretty much everyone living in Roman-Palestine at the time of Jesus, including Pilate.

Pilate didn't claim to be a god.

Once again, you have the creator of the universe walking around, the God directly out of the Bible is walking and talking and inspiring everyone and astonishing multitudes by defying the physics of the known world and yet no one stops to write about it until several decades later. Yeah.....sure.

Excuse me if I'm just a wee bit skeptical....aaaaannnnd I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'm selling. Wink, wink...nod, nod.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-02-2017, 03:31 PM
(20-02-2017 02:57 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Except of course an eye witness account of someone who met his brother, and disciples. Not mention several compilations of the oral and written traditions of his life, and teachings.

CLAIMED to have met his brother.
The letters of Paul contradict seriously what he is said to have done in Acts.
No reason to accept his words as reliable.
There is no more reason to accept your bullshit than you have for dismissing Caesar.

They also say he was a prominent student of Gamaliel. Yet not one Jew mentions his "conversion". Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2017, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2017 04:04 PM by Tomasia.)
More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(20-02-2017 03:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  CLAIMED to have met his brother.

It's an eye-witness account of someone who met his brother and disciples, in fact one who had a number of disagreement with them. But go ahead continue on with your mental gymnastics, as to how someone who had a biological brother, who we have an eye witness accounts of an individual who met him, as well as referenced in Josephus, didn't exist. lol. Let's hear more of your deluded atheist logic.

Quote:The letters of Paul contradict seriously what he is said to have done in Acts.

And Paul didn't write Acts, so who gives a shit

20-02-2017, 03:56 PM
(20-02-2017 03:37 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 03:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  CLAIMED to have met his brother.

It's an eye-witness account of someone who met his brother and disciples, in fact one who had a number of disagreement with them. But go ahead continue on with your mental gymnastics, as to how someone who had a biological brother, who we have an eye witness accounts of an individual who met him, as well as referenced in Josephus, didn't exist. lol. Let's here more of your deluded atheist logic.

Quote:The letters of Paul contradict seriously what he is said to have done in Acts.

And Paul didn't write Acts, so who gives a shit

For what it's worth, I'm more inclined to believe Paul than Acts when they disagree.
20-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Caesar was honored with his image on coins.

Jesus got his image on a Roman torture device.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post