More evidence that American education is fucked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: More evidence that American education is fucked
(07-05-2014 03:14 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 09:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I literally don't get how you people have managed to fuck up your education system so badly (in addition to your healthcare system, and your banking system, and your grossly over-funded defense budgets, and pretty much everything else you do).

Your analysis is wrong - the United States economy is the envy of the world. What you are noticing is the Affirmative Action policy that has created a racial double-standard in education. Our education system is over-filled with foreign born students seeking the most recent knowledge developments. Our welfare system is overwhelmed by foreign born immigrants. Our defense budget provides jobs for those foreigners who refuse to go back to their wonderful countries.

You know, I could have sworn that the US was built off of and essentially around immigration....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Heh. So the foreigners are takin' that job you're entitled to huh? Why aren't you coming over here and taking *our* jobs boyo?

No food for lazy man.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-05-2014, 03:34 PM
(07-05-2014 03:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 03:14 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Your analysis is wrong - the United States economy is the envy of the world. What you are noticing is the Affirmative Action policy that has created a racial double-standard in education. Our education system is over-filled with foreign born students seeking the most recent knowledge developments. Our welfare system is overwhelmed by foreign born immigrants. Our defense budget provides jobs for those foreigners who refuse to go back to their wonderful countries.

You know, I could have sworn that the US was built off of and essentially around immigration....

Yes, but being a small-minded nativist reactionary is an equally old and proud tradition.

Well, except for the "proud" bit.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
07-05-2014, 03:44 PM
(07-05-2014 03:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Heh. So the foreigners are takin' that job you're entitled to huh? Why aren't you coming over here and taking *our* jobs boyo?

No food for lazy man.

Okay... This is now obligatory

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-05-2014, 04:09 PM
(07-05-2014 03:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You know, I could have sworn that the US was built off of and essentially around immigration....

I know right, I'm sure it was something like all white people in America are immigrants who came there looking for work within the last few centuries. Drinking Beverage

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-05-2014, 04:28 PM
(08-04-2014 09:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  An A- grade paper.

I literally don't get how you people have managed to fuck up your education system so badly (in addition to your healthcare system, and your banking system, and your grossly over-funded defense budgets, and pretty much everything else you do).

We don't pay the teachers anything, and no one is smart enough to care because all of our budget goes to the military.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
07-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Quote:This paper would be an F from any other student.

Don't kid yourself about that.

When the kids get good grades the parents are happy and they don't bitch to the principal which means that the teachers don't get a load of shit thrown at them, either.

Do you think THIS happens by accident?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014050...f66f4.html

Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) — In an abysmal showing, only about one-quarter of U.S. high school seniors performed solidly in math in a major assessment known as the nation's report card, reinforcing concerns that large numbers of students are unprepared for either college or the workplace.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
07-05-2014, 04:56 PM
*people I have talked to about why I am leaving america

"Americas not bad. Americas education is actually good."

After seeing this my point about leaving is now proven.(at the moment but it could change.)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2014, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 05:18 PM by cjlr.)
(07-05-2014 04:56 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  *people I have talked to about why I am leaving america

After seeing this my point about leaving is now proven.(at the moment but it could change.)

One data point does not a statistical analysis make.

Or did they not teach you that in your American school?

Also: did anybody follow this trainwreck? Now that involved some real statistics. Well; on my behalf, at least.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
07-05-2014, 05:27 PM
(07-05-2014 05:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:56 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  *people I have talked to about why I am leaving america

One data point does not a statistical analysis make.

Or did they not teach you that in your American school?

Also: did anybody follow this trainwreck? Now that involved some real statistics. Well; on my behalf, at least.

Well that's what you get for talking to Libertarians

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post