More from the Willard Preacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2012, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 09:11 PM by FaceOfBoe.)
More from the Willard Preacher
Here is another few gems from Penn State's own, Willard Preacher in his attempts to disprove evolution.

Quote:There are billions of examples of self-aware life coming from self-aware life. There is not a single example of self-aware life coming from non-self-aware life. So if we were to ask where the first self-aware life in the world came from, and we just wanted to stay consistent with the evidence we have to this point, we would have to say that it came from another self-aware life.

Do today's scientists, who are supposed to be following the evidence where it leads them, come to such a conclusion? No. Without a shred of observable evidence, and turning their back on billions of examples to the contrary, they declare that the first self-aware life in the world came from a non-self-aware life. They do so solely because it fits their belief system; not because they are following the evidence where it leads.

and another cut and paste job.

Quote:From the ant to the human we have trillions of examples of intelligent life coming from intelligent life. To this point we have never observed a single incident of intelligent life coming from non-intelligent life. In light of this, if we were to ask where the first intelligent life in the world came from, and we just wanted to stay consistent with the evidence we have to this point, we would have to say that it came from another intelligent life.

Incredibly, so called objective scientists who claim to simply follow the evidence where it leads, turn their back on all of the evidence presented to them, and choose to believe (without one bit of observable evidence) that the first intelligent life in the world came from a non-intelligent life. They do this solely because it is consistent with their belief system, and not because they are objectively following the evidence where it leads as they would like us to believe.

Where to begin....sounds like presuppositional nonsense to me.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: More from the Willard Preacher
I like presuppositionalists. It's pretty much the only place religion can stand these days. "I'm right because I'm right because the thing I know is right (because it's right) says I'm right. So there."

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
02-10-2012, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 09:26 PM by Ozzie.)
Does he have any children? Because if he does then he just disproved his own theory that intelligent life can't come from a non-intelligent life (assuming his kids don't believe in their father's nonsense.)

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
[+] 4 users Like Ozzie's post
02-10-2012, 09:25 PM
So that would also mean that children can never be smarter than their parents?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2012, 05:41 AM
I'd like to know the definition of "intelligent" he's working with. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-10-2012, 08:09 AM
It's just another example of Mount Improbable.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climbing_Mount_Improbable )

The dude is looking down the cliff face and thinking that the only way to get there is to jump. He can't see the gentle slope behind him that leads very, very slowly to the bottom

Every cell of our bodies is not self-aware.

Collectively they are.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holism )

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-10-2012, 08:51 AM
My mother had her head so far up her ass, I'm a clear case of self-aware life coming from non-self-aware life. Big Grin

Originally I got into the e-vs-c debate because it is one of the few cases in life where one side is obviously right. But now, not so much, as creationism for me is just a bunch of small minds whining about their own self-importance.

And everybody need some Gwynnies of one form of another, so... meh. Undecided

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-10-2012, 09:36 AM
He's a cool guy, good to debate with, and never condescending or insulting in person.
Here is his website. He is an orthodox. He believes in orthodoxy as opposed to traditional prototestinasm.

http://thewillardpreacher.com/

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
03-10-2012, 10:17 AM
(03-10-2012 09:36 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  He believes in orthodoxy as opposed to traditional prototestinasm.

Now I wonder what is unconventional "prototestinasm"?

Google was no help.

It sounds like a portmanteau word and vaguely medical / sexual. I'm liking it

03-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I would say it is easier to become a famous preacher or public speaker for a church then it is to get 100 views on a single youtube video without getting banned.

Seems to me as long as someone stands up and says "God is good" in a somewhat professional manner with an above average vocabulary, you get a bit of a following.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.