More fun for atheists in the Middle East.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 07:16 PM
More fun for atheists in the Middle East.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dieter-hol...90866.html

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: More fun for atheists in the Middle East.
Social Media was the beneficial impact for Egypt right? or have we moved to see beyond that nowConsider

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
20-01-2015, 09:51 PM
(20-01-2015 07:16 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dieter-hol...90866.html

Fuck Islamic societies. Seriously.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-01-2015, 08:04 AM
When I first started posting on the American Atheists forum back in the day, every atheist on there was against all religions. Now I see the majority of atheists seem to attack christianity only. Atheists have become muslim apologists (as have most left leaning people). I think this stems from fighting christians for so long in debates, courts etc. they have become blind to the muslim threat. Atheists need to wake up to the fact that Islam will not tolerate atheism AT ALL. They will lock us up or kill us.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
21-01-2015, 12:44 PM
(21-01-2015 08:04 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  When I first started posting on the American Atheists forum back in the day, every atheist on there was against all religions. Now I see the majority of atheists seem to attack christianity only. Atheists have become muslim apologists (as have most left leaning people). I think this stems from fighting christians for so long in debates, courts etc. they have become blind to the muslim threat. Atheists need to wake up to the fact that Islam will not tolerate atheism AT ALL. They will lock us up or kill us.

Wtf are you talking about? Every openly atheist person I know is adamantly opposed to Islam...
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
21-01-2015, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2015 01:31 PM by Mr. Boston.)
Patriot - if we're especially critical of Christianity, it's because that's the faith system we most often have to contend with here in the US. Christianity is the ideology, and Christians the people, we are most likely to encounter. Christianity is the religion we've been most exposed to, and the religion most of us have escaped from, therefore we generally have more personal "bones to pick" with it than with other religions.

If your assertion is that Democrats or the Left are friendlier to Islam, we aren't. I think we simply better understand, because we often suffer the exact same criticism from Christians ourselves, that being non-Christian doesn't make a person any less American.
21-01-2015, 04:34 PM
(21-01-2015 08:04 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  When I first started posting on the American Atheists forum back in the day, every atheist on there was against all religions. Now I see the majority of atheists seem to attack christianity only. Atheists have become muslim apologists (as have most left leaning people). I think this stems from fighting christians for so long in debates, courts etc. they have become blind to the muslim threat. Atheists need to wake up to the fact that Islam will not tolerate atheism AT ALL. They will lock us up or kill us.

Nope. We don't hate all Christians or Jews or Muslims or Hindus or ...

Just the fucked up ones. There are several of threads here that show us dismantling Muslim apologetics. They are simply not as common here as Christians.

You may be mistaking the dislike of gross generalizations for something it isn't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]