More gay marriage bans struck down.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 03:00 PM
More gay marriage bans struck down.
Wisconsin and Indiana have had their bans on gay marriage struck down.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepoliti...93541.html

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
04-09-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: More gay marriage bans struck down.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
04-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Yabut, freakin' Louisiana upheld their ban. Not for long, but the idiot judge repeated every fallacy in the book to support his reason to uphold theirs, (which will be struck down sooner or later). He actually used the OLD BS that the state has a good reason to see children raised in a stable 2 parent house, bla, bla, bla. So ... does he ban divorce ? Nope.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-09-2014, 03:09 PM
(04-09-2014 03:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yabut, freakin' Louisiana upheld their ban. Not for long, but the idiot judge repeated every fallacy in the book to support his reason to uphold theirs, (which will be struck down sooner or later). He actually used the OLD BS that the state has a good reason to see children raised in a stable 2 parent house, bla, bla, bla. So ... does he ban divorce ? Nope.

Actually having 1 go for the states makes it much more likely the the SCOTUS will take up the issue and settle it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-09-2014, 03:11 PM
(04-09-2014 03:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 03:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yabut, freakin' Louisiana upheld their ban. Not for long, but the idiot judge repeated every fallacy in the book to support his reason to uphold theirs, (which will be struck down sooner or later). He actually used the OLD BS that the state has a good reason to see children raised in a stable 2 parent house, bla, bla, bla. So ... does he ban divorce ? Nope.

Actually having 1 go for the states makes it much more likely the the SCOTUS will take up the issue and settle it.

That's a good thought. Hollywood won't stand for anything else. They do rule America now, I think. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM

I listened to the story on NPR, and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. How is someone a judge who buys into a slippery slope? "If we have gay people marry, what's to stop marriage between a kid and an adult, a rock and a person?"

These dumbasses don't understand consent.
[+] 3 users Like Kaepora Gaebora's post
04-09-2014, 04:12 PM
"For example, must the states permit or recognize a marriage between an aunt and niece? Aunt and nephew? Brother/brother? Father and child? May minors marry? Must marriage be limited to only two people?"

Yabut, all of those unions are already socially acceptable in the backasswards Bayou.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-09-2014, 04:14 PM
So glad every time a rock is removed from the wall of ignorance.
So glad

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
04-09-2014, 04:21 PM
(04-09-2014 04:14 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  So glad every time a rock is removed from the wall of ignorance.
So glad

Yeah, but they're only being removed because people are marrying them. Angry

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
04-09-2014, 05:53 PM
(04-09-2014 04:10 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  

I listened to the story on NPR, and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. How is someone a judge who buys into a slippery slope? "If we have gay people marry, what's to stop marriage between a kid and an adult, a rock and a person?"

These dumbasses don't understand consent.

'Murica!

[Image: oscar.png]