More ignorance regarding history and race.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: More ignorance regarding history and race.
(03-08-2013 11:19 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 11:08 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_Africa

That is some fine architecture. That African tata-somba hut is truly incredible. Even though much of the greater architecture was developed by Arabs who had colonized Africa, and through successive race-mixing which can be found in the population's admixture.

But seriously though, that's some great architecture. Nothing from the history of Europe or Asia even compares.Rolleyes

All hail the great Africans... Bowing

What about the natives of the americas?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
(03-08-2013 11:20 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 11:19 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  That is some fine architecture. That African tata-somba hut is truly incredible. Even though much of the greater architecture was developed by Arabs who had colonized Africa, and through successive race-mixing which can be found in the population's admixture.

But seriously though, that's some great architecture. Nothing from the history of Europe or Asia even compares.Rolleyes

All hail the great Africans... Bowing

What about the natives of the americas?

They were kinda cool. Besides some of the more savage and cannibalistic populations.
03-08-2013, 12:06 PM
(03-08-2013 10:36 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 10:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  You misunderstand Diamond's thesis. It wasn't just resources, but also challenges.

Yes, there is more to Diamond's theory, but I was relating a significant part of it to this particular topic in accordance with what ridethespiral suggested.

No, you don't get to ignore half of a thesis. That is disingenuous.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
(03-08-2013 12:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 10:36 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  Yes, there is more to Diamond's theory, but I was relating a significant part of it to this particular topic in accordance with what ridethespiral suggested.

No, you don't get to ignore half of a thesis. That is disingenuous.

I'm not ignoring it. I am only addressing what is relevant to what ridethespiral suggested.
03-08-2013, 07:47 PM
(03-08-2013 01:15 PM)janthuffy Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 12:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you don't get to ignore half of a thesis. That is disingenuous.

I'm not ignoring it. I am only addressing what is relevant to what ridethespiral suggested.

They are two halves of one thesis. It is all relevant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Tell us more on how cultures develop separately and written language is pre-programmed in some obscure part of the genes that determine what YOU define as race. Oh great master of all there is to know about humans and their societies through all history past and future...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
29-03-2014, 10:16 AM
(03-08-2013 10:27 AM)janthuffy Wrote:  In my thread "White people in the US are so privileged", ridethespiral said "Culture is limited not by IQ but by the bounty of food, resources and trade. The ancient egyptians where black and they where the most culturally advanced civilization of their time. But that has nothing to do with fact that they had some of the most fertile flood plains in the ancient world right?"

Ancient Egyptians were not black you fucking ignoramus. They actually had more resemblance with Arabs and other middle-eastern populations than they did with the legitimately black sub Saharan Africans. Look at Egyptians now, they have no resemblance to blacks. And they certainly didn't evolve that much since then.

The only people that developed Africa were either Arabs or Europeans. Much of the greatness in Africa's past was in northern Africa where Arabs mostly developed. Sub Saharan Africans were nothing of the sort - They didn't even have a written language a few hundred years ago until Europeans made contact with them.

The theory that you're perpetuating is Jared Diamond's from his most prominent work Guns, Germs, and Steel, which is really just environmental determinism that suggests resources is what determines the development of a population of people.

Just think about this for a second: What use are resources without minds to make use of them?

Is that why the Japanese are so intelligent and successful, because of their tremendous amount of resources? Oh wait, they don't have many resources at all, but rather they import most of it.

Don't be so stupid.
This post reminds me of a Creationist when being shown his worldviews are wrong Laugh out load
29-03-2014, 10:53 AM
[Image: thisIsJustHereToAnnoyYouByHavingYouWaste...eadingThis]

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post