More myopic Christian idiots (God is Good!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 02:34 AM
More myopic Christian idiots (God is Good!)
Woman is unharmed with a light airplane crashes into her house.

"God is good!", she says.

I guess God wasn't so good to the two men and one woman on board the Beech Bonanza, all of which were killed in the accident.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/05/us/florida...=allsearch

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
07-01-2013, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 03:12 AM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
RE: More myopic Christian idiots (God is Good!)
I'm sure they were atheists. Or Satanists. Or Buddhists. Or gay. Or Scientologists. Or democrats. Or foreigners. Or CNN employees. Wait a minute, those first two are the same thing, aren't they?

Oh, well, whatever they were, they deserved it. God'll judge 'em. God is good. I hope everyone knows this is wild-ass sarcasm, I think that lady is a first-class idiot and the loss of life is a tragedy.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
08-01-2013, 02:36 PM
I understand being happy that you survived something like that. But there is truly something wrong with the mentality that "God chose to save me and not you" Selfish and disgusting.

My sympathies to the family who read that woman's statement and have to think, even if its just for a second, that some ridiculous god mythos punished their Children/Mother/Father/Etc and killed them.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-01-2013, 02:51 PM
(08-01-2013 02:36 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I understand being happy that you survived something like that. But there is truly something wrong with the mentality that "God chose to save me and not you" Selfish and disgusting.
Sums up religion nicely. No matter how they spin it, what it boils down to, is "me". My inability to accept how unbelievably insignificant and transient I am. I guess it is a tough pill to swallow for many.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
08-01-2013, 05:56 PM
AW: RE: More myopic Christian idiots (God is Good!)
(08-01-2013 02:51 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 02:36 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I understand being happy that you survived something like that. But there is truly something wrong with the mentality that "God chose to save me and not you" Selfish and disgusting.
I guess it is a tough pill to swallow for many.
I see what you did there. Yes

"The Matrix" reference?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
08-01-2013, 06:18 PM
(07-01-2013 02:34 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I guess God wasn't so good to the two men and one woman on board the Beech Bonanza, all of which were killed in the accident.

They'll just blame it on Bernoulli.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
08-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah, that Bernoulli, he sure was a jerk for figuring out how the speed of gasses and liquids varies with its pressure. What a jerk. That plane would have been just fine without that little bit of physics.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
08-01-2013, 06:40 PM
(08-01-2013 06:21 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Yeah, that Bernoulli, he sure was a jerk for figuring out how the speed of gasses and liquids varies with its pressure. What a jerk. That plane would have been just fine without that little bit of physics.

You think the fundies give a shit about fizzics? ... I mean apart from the carbonation in their Cheerwine.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
09-01-2013, 02:28 AM
(08-01-2013 05:56 PM)Vosur Wrote:  "The Matrix" reference?
More like this.

Leave the world of the silver screen behind, Vosur and come back into the real one. It's a bit scary here, but it's sometimes worth it Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
09-01-2013, 03:00 AM
It was their time. It was her time too but she - she was given a second chance at life. That's the point, right?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.