More on TalkJesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2010, 12:19 PM
More on TalkJesus
Feeling compelled to respond to the "Dear Atheist" letter(If you have not read it, don't.) I wanted to join.

I noticed something when trying to come up with a user name. I tried CuriousAtheist. Didn't meet the standards. CuriousAtheist666 also didn't. In fact, I can't seem to find any name that has "Atheist" in it that meets the standards. Not even 4357ppatheist35 is okay.

I don't mean to be a hater, but what the hell? I challenge anyone to find a usable username for talkjesus.com that has atheist in it.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2010, 12:28 PM
RE: More on TalkJesus
The word "atheist" is what makes the name unsuitable. They can have any combination of letters that will be rejected as a username. (Most forums use this feature to keep swears out of user names, and to christians, the word "atheist" is a swear.)

Remember, you are trying to join a forum populated and run by a group of bigots. That may sound harsh, but reality is that the vast majority will judge you simply based on the fact that you are an atheist. (Does that statement make me a "christian bigot"? Hmmm, maybe. Guess my experience with theists makes me somewhat jaded).

Wow, I think I may need to start a new thread........

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
20-03-2010, 12:35 PM

I decided to try and find one but came to the conclusion that having the word "atheist" anywhere in the username is simply not allowed. Which is completely in terms with their forum rules, example:
"Talk Jesus is mainly about two things. Praising Jesus Christ and sharing Truth with others. It is not for speaking against Scripture simply because you are in disbelief. If you disagree with the Word of GOD, please leave unless you came to learn the Truth as told by GOD in Scripture. If you are an unbeliever, it is likely you've been led here by GOD so you may learn about His love for you found in Jesus Christ alone."

And:
"Talk Jesus is Not a Debate Forum"

They simply don't want to hear any arguments from the opposition.
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2010, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2010 01:49 PM by ashley.hunt60.)
(20-03-2010 12:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The word "atheist" is what makes the name unsuitable. They can have any combination of letters that will be rejected as a username. (Most forums use this feature to keep swears out of user names, and to christians, the word "atheist" is a swear.)

Remember, you are trying to join a forum populated and run by a group of bigots. That may sound harsh, but reality is that the vast majority will judge you simply based on the fact that you are an atheist. (Does that statement make me a "christian bigot"? Hmmm, maybe. Guess my experience with theists makes me somewhat jaded).

Wow, I think I may need to start a new thread........

That doesn't speak well to their understanding, or even to their faith. God forbid if a different view infiltrates their forums.

I joined as Nontheist. I feel like I won. Even though in less than an our I was banned.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
20-03-2010, 01:24 PM

Just a thought...what about 'antitheist'?

What about "KnowGod" (play on words for "no god")?

It irks me that we are WILLING to have a theist join this forum, provided they bring rational debate, but that once we try to join THEIR forum, we are shunned, shut out and, simply ignored (that is, if we are not insulted enough to QUIT on their demands).

Ignorant bastards. Dodgy
20-03-2010, 01:28 PM
(20-03-2010 01:24 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  What about "KnowGod" (play on words for "no god")?

Why didn't I think of that? Funny, of course I already went with nonthesit.

In my search for a rational theistic website, I only find bigotry.

20-03-2010, 02:04 PM

(20-03-2010 01:28 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(20-03-2010 01:24 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  What about "KnowGod" (play on words for "no god")?

Isn't that an oxymoron? "rational theist"?
20-03-2010, 02:35 PM
(20-03-2010 02:04 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  
(20-03-2010 01:28 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  

Isn't that an oxymoron? "rational theist"?

Rational-ish. At least someone who is willing to consider the arguments and respect other people's opinion.

21-03-2010, 03:36 AM
They do this because they're afraid, because deep down they know their faith is based on a shaky ground, and that if challenged it will crumble. Their senses are shut to anything that contradicts their beliefs, they refuse to see, they refuse to hear, the refuse to be shown reason. Their delusion almost knows no boundaries. I don't think there's any point in even trying to debate them, nothing will be achieved, it's just a waste of your time.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Why would you try to respond to it? The thread's been dead for several years, hasn't it? If nothing else, they would get severely ticked at you for necromancy of epic proportions. After all, sorcery is a sin.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user