RE: More undeniable proof for God
(19-02-2015 03:16 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 04:01 AM)Typho2k Wrote:  I have brought another undeniable proof
for christianity being real/true.

Proof:

What year is it?

Hmm?

That's right, it's 2015!

It is not 2015 years since Einstein, Nye or deGrasse died, but 2015 since JESUS died.

Checkmate Atheists!

Sorry, bro, but it's not 2015 AD, but 2015 CE. Cause that BC/AD stuff was just too upsetting for liberal academia. Unfortunately, it's only short steps from BC/AD to AC/DC and a "Highway to Hell".

Checkmate, theists!

Don't you care that it's technically wrong and just made up by monks taking a guess anyway? Or does that as it happened so much mean nothing and it was probably given to them by divine inspiration, but only some of that is truly right.

Don't fret my man, once you've gone to heaven in your mind and I'm dead and my whole generation is wiped out by age; the English speaking world around will be mainly only knowing CE-BCE in their common tongues but seeing that AD/BC stuff as old views that don't actually matter outside of existing on a piece of paper to dictate year.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
19-02-2015, 04:05 PM
(19-02-2015 03:22 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Matthew claims jesus was born in "the days of herod the king." Yet Herod died in 4 BCE. Luke reports that jesus was born "when Cyrenius (Quirinius) was governor of Syria." Cyrenius became governor of Syria in 6 CE...that is a discrepancy of 9 years. Luke says Jesus was born during a roman census, and it is true there was a census in 6 CE. This would have been when jesus was 9 years old according to matthew.

Smartass

^^^^^^
.....Yes.....
snicker..snicker

And there is no evidence that any census required people to travel to their ancestral birth place. The Romans were very organized people and mass migration of families all over the place to register for a census is no way to make sure taxes are levied.

GWOG, here's some interesting info on Roman taxes.

http://www.unrv.com/economy/roman-taxes.php

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-02-2015, 04:13 PM
This thread reminds me, I never see people mention it, but oh do I predict this to come aboard.

When 2030-2033 arises the insane level of 2k revelations will rise again by droves of christian believers and more movies or proclaimed prophets will be shouting aloud again. I'm sure it will be immensely worse than 2012 fears. The amount of global warming destruction therefore Jesus; smut online influencing the young therefore Jesus will be unavoidable.

I hope I'll still be sitting seeing the humor in all of that instead of simply consistently facepalming

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-02-2015, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2015 04:28 PM by TheInquisition.)
(19-02-2015 04:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 03:22 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Matthew claims jesus was born in "the days of herod the king." Yet Herod died in 4 BCE. Luke reports that jesus was born "when Cyrenius (Quirinius) was governor of Syria." Cyrenius became governor of Syria in 6 CE...that is a discrepancy of 9 years. Luke says Jesus was born during a roman census, and it is true there was a census in 6 CE. This would have been when jesus was 9 years old according to matthew.

Smartass

^^^^^^
.....Yes.....
snicker..snicker

And there is no evidence that any census required people to travel to their ancestral birth place. The Romans were very organized people and mass migration of families all over the place to register for a census is no way to make sure taxes are levied.

GWOG, here's some interesting info on Roman taxes.

http://www.unrv.com/economy/roman-taxes.php

Perhaps Jesus had a teleporter, he just teleported to whichever town he needed to be born in so the writers of the gospels could claim he was a messiah. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
19-02-2015, 04:22 PM
(19-02-2015 03:15 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 08:22 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's supposed to be since he was born, but I see where you're going with this.

Of course, this is curious that the Gospel of Matthew says that Jesus had to be born in or before 4 BCE and the Gospel of Luke said that he had to be born in 6 CE. So, not only did neither gospel that could date his birth pick 0 CE, but they are also both off by no less than ten years from each other.

Funny, I don't remember seeing birth years in either gospel. You are rather saying that those gospels contain facts or details which you or historians have interpreted to have conflicting dates. I call NTS on this.

You still don't understand what the NTS fallacy is. Try again.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Err... am I reading that right? He's calling "No True Scotsman" on... the bible... conflicting with dates of quoted historical events? Am I expanding the abbreviation incorrectly?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
19-02-2015, 05:26 PM
(19-02-2015 05:10 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Err... am I reading that right? He's calling "No True Scotsman" on... the bible... conflicting with dates of quoted historical events? Am I expanding the abbreviation incorrectly?

He has no understanding of what the No True Scotsman Fallacy is. He has repeatedly demonstrated this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-02-2015, 07:28 PM
(19-02-2015 03:15 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Funny, I don't remember seeing birth years in either gospel. You are rather saying that those gospels contain facts or details which you or historians have interpreted to have conflicting dates. I call NTS on this.

So it's not a NTS when you declare who is and isn't a true Christian, but it is when I cross reference dates in history that are mentioned in the Bible? Gotcha.

I'd take you more seriously if your NTS wasn't just ad hoc reasoning to justify your world view and if your "historical documents" didn't contain stories about magic and were consistent between each retelling.
20-02-2015, 08:10 AM
(19-02-2015 07:28 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 03:15 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Funny, I don't remember seeing birth years in either gospel. You are rather saying that those gospels contain facts or details which you or historians have interpreted to have conflicting dates. I call NTS on this.

So it's not a NTS when you declare who is and isn't a true Christian, but it is when I cross reference dates in history that are mentioned in the Bible? Gotcha.

I'd take you more seriously if your NTS wasn't just ad hoc reasoning to justify your world view and if your "historical documents" didn't contain stories about magic and were consistent between each retelling.

Who would've guessed, more dishonesty from Q. Apparently we can't use extra-biblical sources to refute his bible. That's just unfair! Sadcryface2

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
20-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Theists who use the year/date as purported "evidence" - of God (albeit ludicrous) fail to understand that by assuming that standard, they put the Norse gods in charge and the Roman gods second by sheer usage.

http://www.pantheon.org/miscellaneous/ori

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post