Morgan Freeman is my new hero!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM

Morgan Freeman is my new hero!
Be honest, now...how cool is this? Big Grin

http://friendlyatheist.com/2010/06/02/mo...an-of-god/

If I could express more love and admiration for the man, I'd marry him! Smile

Can any of you think of any other celebrity atheists who are 'outstanding' in your eyes?
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2010, 06:19 PM
RE: Morgan Freeman is my new hero!
Wait. You mean Morgan Freeman wasn't already your hero?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Why do I like Morgan Freeman? 5:04. When the interviewer tries to complete his thought for him (she assumes he cannot find the word "continuum" so she offers it) he gives her the breifest condescending look, that says, "do NOT attempt to finish my thought for me, thank you very much". He is subtle, classy, and needs no help from the likes of her. If I were ever to allow myself the disgusting practise of worship, I would not worship a god, but instead, Morgan Freeman. Coolest cat ever.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
03-06-2010, 12:50 PM
He seems to be misusing the word "faith". Faith has no place in science(aside from the isolationist hump). But aside than that, I love him.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
13-06-2010, 10:33 AM

After watching his first episode on "Is there a creator?" I am sufficiently satisfied that he defended the scientific position on it. Some of the postulations about a creator are quite interesting (we are all in a computer simulation). The part about stimulating the right temporal lobe in the brain to create an out of body/God experience basically proves that God is a figment of human imagination, at least the concept of god in religions.
Quote this message in a reply