Morgellons Disease..Pulling string out of the skin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Morgellons Disease..Pulling string out of the skin
Wow. Um. So Joni Mitchell has been hospitalized and I was curious as to what was wrong with her. Apparently she's suffering from frail health and from a mysterious disease called Morgellons Disease in which people feel they have bugs under their skin and sometimes pull string out of their skin. Videos show photos of the string fibers being pulled out of their skin. Lets just say....I'm skeptical.

It sounds like a psychological disease to me and when I checked out some of the videos it's full of wacko-nutsos and people in need of some major therapy. And not only that, I kid you not, these woo hoo people think that chemtrails are to blame.

Jesus fucking christ , why is the world so full of idiots? Why?!!

Maybe if they had been wearing their tin foil hats they wouldn't be sprayed with the chemtrails. Dummies.

And now, for your viewing pleasure.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: Morgellons Disease..Pulling string out of the skin
Ahh Morgellons...

Wikipedia says it best: "Morgellons, also called Morgellons disease or Morgellons syndrome) is a condition whose sufferers have the delusional belief that they are infested with disease-causing agents described as things like insects, parasites, hairs or fibers, while in reality no such things are present."

The CDC actually ran a study regarding it because people were writing to Congress about the 'issue'. The CDC's results from 100 'Morgellons sufferers' showed no pathogens in the 'patients' which could be related to the so-called disease. Their analysis for the threads 'found' by patients showed to be cotton or fibre, probably from clothing. The CDC concluded that the feelings of things under the skin had no physical basis, but were probably caused by delusion.

Amusingly, Morgellons groups immediately came out and cried conspiracy.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 7 users Like Free Thought's post
05-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Well, she was found unconscious, paramedics were called and she was transported and hospitalized. It doesn't say what they've found to have caused her unconsciousness but uh ... she is 71 years old and smokes like a fucking chimney.

She might want to up the intake of nutritional food and uh ... cut down to (maybe) one cancer stick a day/week/month ... maybe? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-04-2015, 09:12 PM
She was always a little nutty. She wrote some fun songs but, yeah, a little off in the head. It seems that she's been suffering from Morgellons for a while and other health problems.

Yes, she's gotta cut down on smoking and Laugh out load chemtrail spray.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-04-2015, 10:45 PM
I was thinking about Morgellons the other day. I got bit by a dog a few days ago and was alternating between keeping the wound covered and open, and of course, when I didn't cover it fibers from my clothes and sheets would stick to it. Rubbing the strands off reminded me of Morgellons and gave a me a chuckle.
I think you are spot on about these people needing therapy though.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
05-04-2015, 11:04 PM
The thing that concerns me is:
"Persons with Morgellons symptoms may turn to alternative remedies described on web sites and discussion groups. Some treatments are dangerous, however, and have included the use of bleach, veterinary medicines intended for deworming horses, and industrial insecticides.[35]"
From Wikipedia
05-04-2015, 11:51 PM
(05-04-2015 11:04 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  The thing that concerns me is:
"Persons with Morgellons symptoms may turn to alternative remedies described on web sites and discussion groups. Some treatments are dangerous, however, and have included the use of bleach, veterinary medicines intended for deworming horses, and industrial insecticides.[35]"
From Wikipedia

That seems extreme.

I find it easier and cheaper to simply bathe in fabric softener.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
06-04-2015, 12:13 AM
(05-04-2015 11:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  That seems extreme.

I find it easier and cheaper to simply bathe in fabric softener.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: ariel_dafuq__gif_by_gotmiley2-d5ov5f2.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-04-2015, 08:33 AM
I had forgotten about Morgellons, until I read about Joni Mitchell and then I kinda re-remembered it. So I googled it and some medical sites call it the "internet disease" because there wasn't much history of it prior to the internet. Sounds about right.

I hope these people are so wrapped up with their nuttyness Hobo Chase that they forget to vote. We sure as hell don't need them in the voting booth.

06-04-2015, 09:26 AM
According to the mayo clinic it's a middle age disease that mostly affects white women. Smile

It could be a real disorder of sorts, but the people affected seem to not accept what their doctors tell them. Because of what they've read on the web.

When I say a real disorder, dermatitis is a real skin disorder. Scabies, for instance, is a real skin disorder that can make you think you're going insane and is often misdiagnosed. But the people won't accept it and eschew treatment. Which I find a bit amazing.

The Mayo clinic instructs people to keep an open mind when their doctors offer a diagnosis.

Ah But....the internets...Facepalm

With many of the sufferers I do suspect a mental disorder. The world has become more scary -- the Internet, while broadening ones horizons can also be used as a way to isolate or insulate yourself from the rest of the "world".

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces