Morgellons Disease..Pulling string out of the skin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 12:40 AM by Chas.)
RE: Morgellons Disease..Pulling string out of the skin
(06-04-2015 09:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  According to the mayo clinic it's a middle age disease that mostly affects white women. Smile

It could be a real disorder of sorts, but the people affected seem to not accept what their doctors tell them. Because of what they've read on the web.

When I say a real disorder, dermatitis is a real skin disorder. Scabies, for instance, is a real skin disorder that can make you think you're going insane and is often misdiagnosed. But the people won't accept it and eschew treatment. Which I find a bit amazing.

The Mayo clinic instructs people to keep an open mind when their doctors offer a diagnosis.

Ah But....the internets...Facepalm

With many of the sufferers I do suspect a mental disorder. The world has become more scary -- the Internet, while broadening ones horizons can also be used as a way to isolate or insulate yourself from the rest of the "world".

It seems to be just one of the delusional parasitosis disorders.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2015, 10:04 AM
(06-04-2015 09:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 09:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  According to the mayo clinic it's a middle age disease that mostly affects white women. Smile

It could be a real disorder of sorts, but the people affected seem to not accept what their doctors tell them. Because of what they've read on the web.

When I say a real disorder, dermatitis is a real skin disorder. Scabies, for instance, is a real skin disorder that can make you think you're going insane and is often misdiagnosed. But the people won't accept it and eschew treatment. Which I find a bit amazing.

The Mayo clinic instructs people to keep an open mind when their doctors offer a diagnosis.

With many of the sufferers I do suspect a mental disorder. The world has become more scary -- the Internet, while broadening ones horizons can also be used as a way to isolate or insulate yourself from the rest of the "world".

It seems to be just on of the delusional parasitosis disorders.

It's amazing what the mind will do. A few weeks ago I was out in the garage and came across a HUGE spider which I killed with a near by handy sidewalk push broom. It was creepy (((shivers))) and the rest of the day I kept feeling spiders crawling on my skin and my skin was all itchy. Of course, I was fully aware that it was a placebo effect of sorts, but I can imagine that someone with anxiety, depression and a mind easily swayed by suggestion could acquire itchy skin that could begin to scab over with scratching and picking. Add the internet chemtrail suggestions and the person is full on convinced.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2015, 10:20 AM
(06-04-2015 12:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 11:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  That seems extreme.

I find it easier and cheaper to simply bathe in fabric softener.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: ariel_dafuq__gif_by_gotmiley2-d5ov5f2.jpg]

Wadja mean with dat "dafuq"?

Just saying that those of us who have string-skin, even if it's just conceptual (string theory) can't do anything about it (the string) being there but we can make it more comfortable.

Big Grin

06-04-2015, 03:17 PM
(06-04-2015 09:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  

It seems to be just on of the delusional parasitosis disorders.

Indeedy. I suspect many people, already suspicious of modern medicine, begin with some "real" issue that is difficult to dx because medicine is imperfect. But it becomes blown up into a conspiracy -- we all know how they just fester on the web. Dodgy

I was reading once a blog of someone who claimed the government was poisoning them. They referred to themselves as a "dot connector". You wouldn't believe the comments from people who said the exact same thing was happening to them. Facepalm

Thirty years ago, these people would never have had much of voice, but now they have the Internet...I think with some of these, it's the feeling of needing to belong that truly drives them. The problem is like the fake evangelical ministers offering salvation at a price, there are disingenuous people ready to add their own snake oil.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-04-2015, 09:41 PM
They're all strange sounding, until you see one staring you in the face. I swear a girl in one of my classes has this :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCncha...e_by_proxy

She can't stop talking about how sick her two kids are. Its' all I've ever heard her talk about. It's how she tries to get attention.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.