Mormom Church releases pictures of the sacred stone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2015, 05:06 AM
Mormom Church releases pictures of the sacred stone
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/morm...ostpopular

Quote:Mormon Church Releases First Photos Of The Stone Joseph Smith Used To Translate The Book Of Mormon
It's the latest step the church has taken toward clarifying sensitive parts of its history.

The Associated PressBy BRADY McCOMBS
Posted: 08/04/2015 05:41 PM EDT | Edited: 08/04/2015 07:35 PM EDT
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Mormon church's push toward transparency about its roots and beliefs took another step forward Tuesday with the first published pictures of a small sacred stone it believes founder Joseph Smith used to help translate a story that became the basis of the religion.

The pictures of the smooth, brown, egg-sized rock are part of a new book that also contains photos of the first printer's manuscript of the Book of Mormon. Officials with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints unveiled the photos at a news conference in Salt Lake City.

The religion's drive in recent years to open its vaults and clarify sensitive beliefs is aimed at filling a void on the Internet for accurate information as curiosity and scrutiny increased as church membership tripled over the last three decades, Mormon scholars said.

Church historian Steven E. Snow acknowledged that dynamic, saying: "The Internet brings both challenge and opportunities. We're grateful for the opportunity to share much of collection through the use of the Internet."

The church's campaign seems aimed at preventing current members from leaving and showing non-Mormons that they aren't hiding anything, said Terryl Givens, professor of literature and religion and the James Bostwick chair of English at the University of Richmond.

Read more at link.

Well, this is just down right hilarious! Didn't that stone disappear along with the "tablets" or something like that?

I bet you all a goose that can lay a golden egg that stone is fake......and its a good thing it IS fake or I would owe you a gold egg laying goose that I don't have.

I bet the MEN who were just sitting around trying to think of ways to add more credibility to their religion just walked outside, found a stone, had it polished and made up a fake old looking sack and took pictures of it lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2015, 05:11 AM
RE: Mormom Church releases pictures of the sacred stone
Next, the Catholic church releases pictures of the True Cross...

What about the golden tablets anyway? This random pair of stones hardly makes the story more credible.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-08-2015, 05:14 AM
"Freedom of Religion" -- is really just being able to avoid being involuntarily committed to a mental hospital -

because anybody who believes such drivel is mental.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-08-2015, 10:03 AM
For some reason I found this hysterical and posted this same thing over in the GWOG Mormon thread.

Here's a picture of this mormon rock.

[Image: 25674414.jpg]

ooooOOOOOOOooooo.

Here's a photo of a Hindu Shiva Lingam stone.

[Image: content_1347420675.jpg]

oooooOOOOOOOooooooo

Didja know that one stone is the "true" stone and the other stone isn't because it's from a fuckin bogus religion?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-08-2015, 10:49 AM
The true test would come when you put the tablets in a hat with the stones to read the ancient Egyptian manuscripts. (that turn out to be from the book of the dead)

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
05-08-2015, 12:38 PM
ZOMG! it must all be true then!!!!!!

I feel so stupid, so misguided...

all this time I have spent debunking Mormonism and LOOK!....there it is for all to see....the....brown...seer...stone...from....the....story

Blink

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-08-2015, 12:39 PM
(05-08-2015 10:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  For some reason I found this hysterical and posted this same thing over in the GWOG Mormon thread.

Here's a picture of this mormon rock.

[Image: 25674414.jpg]

ooooOOOOOOOooooo.

Here's a photo of a Hindu Shiva Lingam stone.

[Image: content_1347420675.jpg]

oooooOOOOOOOooooooo

Didja know that one stone is the "true" stone and the other stone isn't because it's from a fuckin bogus religion?

I think it is a dinosaur poop pellet, maybe from T-rabbitosaurus....polished and cherished by the mormons Laugh out load Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-08-2015, 12:51 PM
It looks like a little goat turd.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-08-2015, 02:17 PM
(05-08-2015 12:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It looks like a little goat turd.

Yup. Funny how god took the golden plates back but left a rock.

Laugh out load Reminds me of Charlie Brown............I got a rock.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-08-2015, 02:19 PM
So, which one of them pulled it out of his head? And how did it get through the earhole?