Mormon Church: Being gay is NOT a choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 12:12 PM
RE: Mormon Church: Being gay is NOT a choice
LL,

I've asked you before to keep your videos to one thread.

Option #1: keep your videos to a single thread.

Option #2: don't post your videos at all.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-12-2012, 02:48 PM
(13-12-2012 11:27 AM)TomS Wrote:  I found the thread title a bit misleading. My first thought was, "Wait, the Mormon Church is finally admitting being gay isn't a choice?" I know, I know. It was foolish of me to be so optimistic.

Several of my friends are Mormons. I've clashed with many of them on this subject. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, most have proven quite stubborn in maintaining the position that gay people have a choice and are quite capable of turning off their sexual impulses at their leisure. These discussions always end the same way: they claim God is on their side, so that justifies their worldly views, which is really hate, intolerance, and discrimination in disguise.
No, that's what they are saying.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/06...f=religion

Live life, cause you only have one!Youtuber:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Livelife8072
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2012, 02:55 PM
(13-12-2012 12:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  LL,

I've asked you before to keep your videos to one thread.

Option #1: keep your videos to a single thread.

Option #2: don't post your videos at all.
You referred to my show, not my personal videos. I don't understand why it's a problem to bring news issues up or topics, even if they may be my videos. Is it ok for me to link other videos to discuss if they are not my own? I support TTA forums, website and podcasts.

Thanks for your time.
LL

13-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Let me be clear....I like your videos. Shit, I'm even a subscriber to your channel. I am supportive of your YouTube channel, and appreciate your support of TTA.

The problem is, the vast majority of the threads you start are simply links to your vids. This comes across as self promotion, especially when you start a thread, and then your participation is minimal (not always of course, but you get my meaning). I am sure you can see, by some of the responses here, that I am not the only one who gets this impression. So whether the self promotion is intentional or not, try to empathize with the rest of us, and understand why we are asking that from now on, you keep your vids to a specific thread.

I suspect that there are circumstances where posting a new thread, and linking to your video, are perfectly appropriate, but this isn't the case with every vid you make. Myself and the rest of the team will be happy to recognize this in the future, and I'm sure we can all make an appropriate judgement call.

Fair enough?

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
13-12-2012, 03:24 PM
(13-12-2012 03:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Let me be clear....I like your videos. Shit, I'm even a subscriber to your channel. I am supportive of your YouTube channel, and appreciate your support of TTA.

The problem is, the vast majority of the threads you start are simply links to your vids. This comes across as self promotion, especially when you start a thread, and then your participation is minimal (not always of course, but you get my meaning). I am sure you can see, by some of the responses here, that I am not the only one who gets this impression. So whether the self promotion is intentional or not, try to empathize with the rest of us, and understand why we are asking that from now on, you keep your vids to a specific thread.

I suspect that there are circumstances where posting a new thread, and linking to your video, are perfectly appropriate, but this isn't the case with every vid you make. Myself and the rest of the team will be happy to recognize this in the future, and I'm sure we can all make an appropriate judgement call.

Fair enough?
Sounds good. Thanks for your time, support and sorry. Smile
Cheers
LL

13-12-2012, 03:26 PM
To be clear, I don't do it for support for my channel. Just for different opinions and view points other than my channel.
Cheers and thanks.