Mormon To Atheist, Here's My Story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Mormon To Atheist, Here's My Story
Hold on, all that text made my eyes hurt indents and spaces between parts would have been good.

Hello and welcome to TTA forum kiddo! God, Mormonism is such a bitch. I know I kept myself believing in it because all the people I cared about were there, and they were smart, and surely someone that's a doctor or gets straight As couldn't be wrong. Surely if these people I love said this was true, and they were defiantly smarter than I was, it had to be true! That sort of a thing, y'know.

But yeah, I can defiantly understand your fear for not coming out to your wife about that. Mormonism can be pretty bad when it's mixed-belief relationship or if you even decide that god's cool but I wanna be a Baptist sort of a thing. All cuz saying no to Joseph Smith! But I'm really glad you're forunate enough that your wife supports you in your choice and wish you luck with your letter of resignation!

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 02:58 PM
(28-03-2014 07:46 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  So you are going to formally tell your church that you will renounce the religion, if I got you correctly.

It is going to be a big event in your life.

I hope things eventually go your way.

Thanks for your warm reply. And that's correct, also to get my name removed. I don't want to be associated with anything religious anymore, I've tried to make sense with things for too long and I am now cleaning my hands of it all.
[+] 1 user Likes elconquistador's post
07-04-2014, 02:58 PM
(28-03-2014 07:47 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Welcome!

tl,dr

Thank you! Hahaha, and no worries. haha
07-04-2014, 02:59 PM
(29-03-2014 04:09 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I would think the internet is "SATAN" to the Mormon church, it cannot survive its members independently educating themselves.

Mormonism will be the first major religion to fall.

I hope it will be, and I'm betting it will. The church has pissed of too many people who aren't wiling to stay quiet. Those who were just as willing to spread the gospel are now just as willing to exploit it.
07-04-2014, 03:02 PM
(29-03-2014 08:40 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  I just reread OP's post and can't believe how cruel the LDS church can be. Those guys are the ultimate thought police. Living in Philadelphia, and seeing ground being broken on a new temple in my city, I feel awful for the hundreds or thousands of kids who are going to be subjected to their nonsense in the coming years.

Welcome to reality, OP!

Thank you for your welcome! And yeah, the scary part is that the leaders of the mormon church is well educated though they promoted ignorant concepts. The church has a welfare system, disaster relief system, education system, and even a team pf psychologists and psychiatrists. Not to mention all the business education within leadership, they've got this enterprise under wraps and they're pushing for more converts.
07-04-2014, 03:03 PM
(29-03-2014 10:09 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Welcome!

Just one suggestion: indentations, use them.

Thank you! haha, sorry, it was a copy paste sort of deal before I ran out the door. I thought the format from MS word would transfer, guess not.
07-04-2014, 03:07 PM
(30-03-2014 09:03 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 02:28 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  Part 1: No Holy Ghost For Me
...Following is a list of all the issues as to why I would make such a drastic measure as to proclaim the falsity of the church and the non-identifiable existence of a god.

This is part of the resignation that I'll be sending out Monday.

I wish you the best, strengthen yourself with knowledge. Realize that if your wife doesn't share your view, or change her view to match yours it will be quite a strain on your relationship, and if you have children, on them as well. Thankfully my wife and I are both militant atheists, I love her dearly, but I know I could not live with someone who believed such delusions.

My father was a southern baptist minister growing up, my parents divorced and remarried. My father converted to Mormonism, and my mother became a Pentecostal minister. Both delusional, and I pity them for their beliefs. The subject of religion no longer comes up thankfully, and we just avoid that subject. But my relationship I think with them is distant due to what is so important to their lives, is the anti belief to mine. For me, I refuse to live a lie, and if that means losing those that used to be a part of my life to live freely, then I choose freedom.

Best of luck...stay strong

Thank you for your words of encouragement! Luckily, my wife has been very supportive. She drifts more to the side of agnosticism, which is totally cool with me, but every now and then she will say something pretty atheistic and it makes me laugh because it's usually something mean, and I usually say it. Luckily my wife is also educating herself, I am incredibly thankful for you I married, it could have been a whole lot worse in a situation like this, just how you said.
[+] 1 user Likes elconquistador's post
08-04-2014, 03:19 AM
Hug

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
08-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Hi and welcome Thumbsup

I wish you luck with that letter of resignation and I am so glad your wife seems to be waking up to Smile

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais