Mormon baptising the dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: Mormon baptising the dead
Bad bedfellows but perhaps we should work with the Westboro Baptists to publicly UNbaptize ALL Mormons dead, living and yet to be born. A sect with bonafides (however threadbare Westboro's are, they're still bonafides) doing that would provide a nice fireworks display for awhile.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2016, 07:00 AM
(18-03-2016 04:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am ordained in The Church of the Dude too.

I figure the Mormons will have to figure out how to un-Catholic baptize me so they can save my soul in their faith...pretty sure I screwed up any chances as a Catholic.

Oh well.

I am an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church, can I be a priest of the Dude without turning in my credentials as a Universal Life Preacher?
19-03-2016, 07:17 AM
(19-03-2016 07:00 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 04:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am ordained in The Church of the Dude too.

I figure the Mormons will have to figure out how to un-Catholic baptize me so they can save my soul in their faith...pretty sure I screwed up any chances as a Catholic.

Oh well.

I am an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church, can I be a priest of the Dude without turning in my credentials as a Universal Life Preacher?

Probably

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
19-03-2016, 02:36 PM
(19-03-2016 07:00 AM)DerFish Wrote:  

Oh well.

What about me? I'm ordained in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
21-03-2016, 09:46 AM
(18-03-2016 02:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So in the pursuit of my mother's birth certificate and trying to find her parentage (which is it's not going well at all, by the way) I joined Ancestry dot com knowing full well that the Mormon's owned the company. I know of their nutty custom of baptising dead people by proxy so the dead can attain the highest level of.....I donno... the highest level of some Mormon heaven or a nicer planet or some such rot.

It bothers the hell out of me that in looking around for ones ancestry one runs into the Mormons everywhere. They have their hands in every goddamn genealogy database around the world, just so they can fuckin baptise every one's great grandparents. Fuckin pisses me off.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...roxy_.html

HOWEVER! I am an ordained Dudeist Priestess. http://dudeism.com/ Thereofore, I have the authority to override and UNbaptise every dead person the Mormons have ever fucking baptised.

*clears throat* Cool

By the authority of the Dude and in the presence of this Holy Bowling Alley, I hear by UNBAPTISE all dead people in the name of the The Big Lebowski, The Dude and this Pissed on Rug. May they find peace in their Holey Shorts and Sandals and may their bones enrich the earth like the great Coffee Can of Cremated Ashes. Amen and shut the fuck up Donnie!

There. I fixed it.

Smokin

I didn't take the plunge for you dead great great uncle for nothing. Oh wait, yeah I did.
21-03-2016, 09:50 AM
(18-03-2016 06:58 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 06:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Mormons baptizing dead people? Consider

Arrogant and presumptuous, but utterly silly. Fuckin' Morons. Facepalm

No one should get their panties in a twist over this, just mock and ridicule the LDS. Yes

They were baptising dead Jewish Holocaust victims a few years ago and got some of the surviving family members pretty hopping mad. Mormons look like butter wouldn't melt in their mouth but they're really jerks with a lot of nerve.

I heard about this but couldn't understand why it would bother them or anyone. If you believe that their religion is fake then are they really doing anything? By getting upset about some cult ritual you are acknowledging that there is some truth, I would think.
21-03-2016, 11:47 AM
(18-03-2016 02:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Amen and shut the fuck up Donnie!

I question your authority, as The Dude would never say such a thing. Walter, certainly would, but not The Dude.

I am willing to overlook this minor detail if white Russians are involved.
23-03-2016, 02:04 PM
(18-03-2016 05:43 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  As long as we are doing them the same favor I would like to baptize all the Mormons in the Church of Captain Crunch as well, I'm sure in his divine loving crunchiness he can find a path for them to join him in the land of cereals where no one is sad or angry and nothing ever gets soggy. I'm sure they'll be thankful later when they get there, as well as very confused but I guess that's to be expected when you go around baptizing strangers.
And I thank you for this now. Smile You are kind soul. Heart

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-03-2016, 02:12 PM
(18-03-2016 02:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So in the pursuit of my mother's birth certificate and trying to find her parentage (which is it's not going well at all, by the way) I joined Ancestry dot com knowing full well that the Mormon's owned the company. I know of their nutty custom of baptising dead people by proxy so the dead can attain the highest level of.....I donno... the highest level of some Mormon heaven or a nicer planet or some such rot.

It bothers the hell out of me that in looking around for ones ancestry one runs into the Mormons everywhere. They have their hands in every goddamn genealogy database around the world, just so they can fuckin baptise every one's great grandparents. Fuckin pisses me off.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...roxy_.html

HOWEVER! I am an ordained Dudeist Priestess. http://dudeism.com/ Thereofore, I have the authority to override and UNbaptise every dead person the Mormons have ever fucking baptised.

*clears throat* Cool

By the authority of the Dude and in the presence of this Holy Bowling Alley, I hear by UNBAPTISE all dead people in the name of the The Big Lebowski, The Dude and this Pissed on Rug. May they find peace in their Holey Shorts and Sandals and may their bones enrich the earth like the great Coffee Can of Cremated Ashes. Amen and shut the fuck up Donnie!

There. I fixed it.

Smokin

If there is true God(Creator of this earth and heaven) and if He is loving and compassionate, He will give a chance to all those who didn't have it in this life, He will NOT send them all to hell forever.
This God will give the commandment to those who make covenant with Him: "Turn your hearts to your ancestors. Without them you can not become perfect, without you they can not become perfect".

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-03-2016, 02:15 PM
(23-03-2016 02:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  If there is true God(Creator of this earth and heaven) and if He is loving and compassionate, He will give a chance to all those who didn't have it in this life, He will NOT send them all to hell forever.
This God will give the commandment to those who make covenant with Him: "Turn your hearts to your ancestors. Without them you can not become perfect, without you they can not become perfect".

Serious question, so please don't tell me I don't want to know.

My dad was born and raised New York Irish Catholic. Upon his death, your LDS baptized him. According to your belief, what did he gain by that? Is he lower on the Mormon echelon because he was raised Catholic and became LDS posthumously?