Mormon.org

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2011, 06:35 AM
RE: Mormon.org
Microscope. If we answered your question then what would you have to live for? =p the search for the answer is an important part of who you are ~_^

And I really don't see why someone uninterested in the points of views of a group would seek them out. If mormon.org has an area where you can talk to a mormon then who minds? it means you choose to talk to a mormon. Sometimes I might have religious questions, but I don't see the point of trolling when people are being respectful of boundaries.

And sometime recently they altered the book of mormon a bit and decided black people are ok. Even though when they die if they're good I'm sure they'll still be white souls when they ascend =p Basically the curse of black skin was changed to something about darkness, and they think it changes the meaning, but really it's the exact same phrase with a different wording.

And don't instantly think everyone will call you racist, though I'm quite obviously apricot and I've known very few people who are black =p In my circles it's still pretty much the preferred term besides if the human race came out of Africa then every single American alive is an African American =p

I actually use the terms light and dark skinned cause I'm more used to conversation with people and color distinction is pretty important among the black community. Not that I have any sort of superiority complex, like literally everyone else I'm a mutt who has all sorts of ancestry, and the outward appearance I hold belies the fact that I'm not just one single type of human.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2011, 10:56 AM
One day I'll learn the truth, then my horse and I will ride off into the sunset, all the wiser for the experience!

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
(15-05-2011 08:17 PM)Bezo Wrote:  I like discussing things with my fellow atheists, and I will tangle with any theist who comes to me, but I see little point in going after them. It makes us no better than they are.

I agree.

I had a couple more missionaries stop by the house and ended up inviting them in. We had a wonderful conversation. From the start I made it clear I did not want to waste their time and made it known I was an atheist. They asked me questions about what I believed and how I got to this point. I also had a chanced to ask them questions. It was an experience I wish we all could experience.

Going into these chats and poking fun at their religion hurts the atheist movement. It will not get us any respect and only widens the divide between us all. If we want respect there are much better ways to go about it.

This is not to say I do not find their religion silly and at times I have to fight the urge to make fun of them. I am by no means perfect. But its an urge we must fight if we ever want to be looked at in a positive light.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2011, 09:01 PM
just make fun of them here away from their safe grounds that's what I do =p It's near impossible to bottle up that intolerable silliness for long.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.