Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(17-01-2014 11:34 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  ...
Anyway, I'm merely trying to suggest we all try and calm down a little bit?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-01-2014, 12:11 PM
(17-01-2014 11:34 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Anyway, I'm merely trying to suggest we all try and calm down a little bit?

I agree. I apologize for being crude and for getting animated. I should know better.

My Blog
17-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Mak - as mentioned in earlier posts, by commenting on every single sentence, of everyone's posts, with a "tit for tat" pissy moan along the lines like "oh yeah, but you're not nice too" is super childish. My kids at the ages of 6 and 9 had better conversational tact during their arguments over who's playing with which toys. Christ on a stick you are exhausting!

And again so it is absolutely clear, y'all (yes I moved to Texas recently) come to an athiest forum without straight answers, you know where it is going to go from there!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 4 users Like Timber1025's post
17-01-2014, 12:18 PM
(17-01-2014 12:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 11:34 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  ...
Anyway, I'm merely trying to suggest we all try and calm down a little bit?

DLJ,
That video clip was in English, yes?
Doc
17-01-2014, 12:18 PM
(17-01-2014 12:15 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Mak - as mentioned in earlier posts, by commenting on every single sentence, of everyone's posts, with a "tit for tat" pissy moan along the lines like "oh yeah, but you're not nice too" is super childish. My kids at the ages of 6 and 9 had better conversational tact during their arguments over who's playing with which toys. Christ on a stick you are exhausting!

And again so it is absolutely clear, y'all (yes I moved to Texas recently) come to an athiest forum without straight answers, you know where it is going to go from there!

[Image: 73211c25.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
17-01-2014, 12:20 PM
(17-01-2014 12:18 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 12:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

DLJ,
That video clip was in English, yes?
Doc

No. It was Scouse.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-01-2014, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2014 12:42 PM by Cathym112.)
(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  (people who just don't have a belief rarely congregate online to argue about it).

Interesting. You seem to think we come here just to argue about not believing? Where would you get that idea, and not necessarily that its for community and camaraderie of surrounding yourself with like minded individuals? I guess you haven't been to any other section in this forum except for this one, eh? Yes, we talk about religion, but we do not speak of religion in terms of the rejection of Islamic god or christian god, but more for our rejection that there is sufficient evidence for these religions to be true.

Christ almighty. This concept is not a Schrodinger's cat scenario. We don't both reject god and not believe in god.

(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  Atheism in its most common iterations is a constellation of assertions or beliefs about reality and about religion. For some atheists, atheism is an actual religion, complete with hymns, Sunday meetings, sermons, and collection plates.

Please tell me one Atheist sermon...and not the satirical FSM prayer. Tell me one Atheist Hymn, or one instance of an Atheist temple, church, or official Atheist building for which only atheists may enter, be welcomed, and for which achieves Atheist Salvation.

(17-01-2014 11:40 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  We don't reject the existence of god.

(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  The vast, vast majority of atheists do, and I would have a hard time believing you honestly and sincerely maintain a suspension of judgment on the question. I could certainly be wrong, but nothing I've seen up to this point suggests it.

So in order to reject something...you have to acknowledge its existence, no? We do not refuse birthday presents we have not yet received....thats stupid. No

(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  That's not semantics, that's phonology, and if you insist that lack of evidence means anything more than a complete suspension of judgment, then you insist on a belief.

A lack of evidence for belief means i insist on belief? Huh

(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  And yet you spend so much time here telling other people they are wrong. That's not a suspension of belief.

A suspension of belief implies that the belief was there in order for it to be suspended. How can you be suspended from a job you never had?

Telling someone that the evidence they provide is insufficient to warrant belief is not telling them that they are wrong. Wow. Is English not your first language?

I think what you are having a hard time wrapping your brain about is that many of us are ex believers, and therefore we had the belief prior in order to reject it, yes?

Think of it this way. You do not reject Santa clause now that you have stopped believing in him. You just cleaned the slate and are now back to the default position of not being aware or accepting the fact that Santa exists, as you were before anyone mentioned the concept to you. You understand the myth behind Santa, but you do not think he is a supernatural figure with a raging addiction to cookies and milk.

I used to be a catholic. I do not reject the christian god. I just realized that the evidence for his existence does not warrant belief. IF you can't understand these differences, I am at a loss for how to help you.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
17-01-2014, 12:40 PM
(17-01-2014 12:25 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  (people who just don't have a belief rarely congregate online to argue about it).

Interesting. You seem to think we come here just to argue about not believing? Where would you get that idea, and not necessarily that its for community and camaraderie of surrounding yourself with like minded individuals? I guess you haven't been to any other section in this forum except for this one, eh? Yes, we talk about religion, but we do not speak of religion in terms of the rejection of Islamic god or christian god, but more for our rejection that there is sufficient evidence for these religions to be true.

Christ almighty. This concept is not a Schrodinger's cat scenario. We don't both reject god and not believe in god.

(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  Atheism in its most common iterations is a constellation of assertions or beliefs about reality and about religion. For some atheists, atheism is an actual religion, complete with hymns, Sunday meetings, sermons, and collection plates.

Please tell me one Atheist sermon...and not the satirical FSM prayer. Tell me one Atheist Hymn, or one instance of an Atheist temple, church, or official Atheist building for which only atheists may enter, be welcomed, and for which achieves Atheist Salvation.

(17-01-2014 11:40 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  We don't reject the existence of god.

(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  The vast, vast majority of atheists do, and I would have a hard time believing you honestly and sincerely maintain a suspension of judgment on the question. I could certainly be wrong, but nothing I've seen up to this point suggests it.

So in order to reject something...you have to acknowledge its existence, no? We do not refuse birthday presents we have not yet received....thats stupid. No

(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  That's not semantics, that's phonology, and if you insist that lack of evidence means anything more than a complete suspension of judgment, then you insist on a belief.

A lack of evidence for belief means i insist on belief? Huh

(17-01-2014 12:00 PM)maklelan Wrote:  And yet you spend so much time here telling other people they are wrong. That's not a suspension of belief.

Telling someone that the evidence they provide is insufficient to warrant belief is not telling them that they are wrong. Wow. Is English not your first language?

[Image: Talking-to-Brick-Wall.jpg]

*note* I'd prefer to be wrong

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
17-01-2014, 12:40 PM
(17-01-2014 12:15 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Mak - as mentioned in earlier posts, by commenting on every single sentence, of everyone's posts, with a "tit for tat" pissy moan along the lines like "oh yeah, but you're not nice too" is super childish. My kids at the ages of 6 and 9 had better conversational tact during their arguments over who's playing with which toys. Christ on a stick you are exhausting!

I do give as much as a I get, but I think it would be disingenuous to insist I haven't been providing straight answers to most of your questions, and particularly since so many have commented that I'm providing a perspective that haven't seen before. I have explained exactly where I will not go, and the proliferation of my refusals to respond are a direct function of you guys testing me on that single refusal.

My Blog
17-01-2014, 12:51 PM
(17-01-2014 11:23 AM)maklelan Wrote:  since that's not really what atheism means.
NU UH! that's precisely what atheism means! [Image: wFgfX.jpg]
Quote:of the word have reference to the active rejection of the existence of deities.
What about your "active rejection" of Godzilla and the Terminator ? HUH ? ever pondered about that ?
Quote:The notion that atheism as a whole is broadly an absence of belief in deities is a juvenile rhetorical ploy
HA HA HA what !? are you fucking serious ? i'm just giving you the ACTUAL definition for the word and you're calling it a rhetorical ploy ?? my God you are a special type of retard.Bowing
Quote:that serves purposes such as insisting that all babies are atheists
Well babies DO NOT believe in Gods so they are atheists by definition.
Quote:and that it has no structured belief system. All of this is rhetorical nonsense
Oh really !? Atheism has a structured belief system ?? Please do spare your precious time to tell me which one it is
Quote:No, but he absolutely was motivated by his distrust of religion in general
Oh really ? i need citation for that please otherwise you're just bullshitting!
Quote:just like Hitler and Mao and the Kim Jongs
Hitler WAS A CATHOLIC. why do people keep forgetting this important detail?
Quote:Just like you can't say atheism is exclusively and entirely non-belief and expect any thinking adult to assume you are able to walk erect. Your little semantic games may convince other hobbyists, but you really haven't the foggiest idea what atheism is if you honestly believe what you're arguing.
Dude stop reflecting your attitude onto others! you're the one who's equivocating not me.
Quote:Yeah, you're not just naive and antagonistic like the rest. You're special, aren't you?
You're just too damn sharp to miss this point.. so i presume you're purposefully avoiding my point so i'll just repeat.

There is no "belief system" shared by atheists Hence ITS NOT A belief system.
Quote:I sincerely have a hard time believing you expect me to take this semantic puppet show seriously.
You're the one who's playing this little semantic table tennis here!

The definition of atheism is Lack of belief in God NOTHING ELSE.. you're trying to shoehorn your nonsensical "Nu uh! its also a belief system because it sure offends my belief system!"

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence