Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(17-01-2014 02:24 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  how does this

Quote:Atheism is not the remission of cancer.

turn into this

Quote: Cathy suggested .....that atheism is represented by the remission of cancer, i.e., rejection.

Cathy specifically stated that Atheism is NOT the remission of cancer,

And I didn't say she thought that. What I said was that she attributed that notion to me. She stated it as my opinion. Look at the portion you hid behind elipses:

(17-01-2014 02:24 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Cathy suggested that the conceptualization I proposed was that atheism is represented by the remission of cancer, i.e., rejection.

Good grief, you edited a sentence I wrote so that it was made to say the exact opposite of what it said and then criticized me for the new meaning you created. What on earth is wrong with you?

(17-01-2014 02:24 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  its that discovery that there was insufficient evidence to suggest you had cancer to begin with, FFS

I'm at a loss for words, Cathy. You deliberately, directly, and flagrantly altered the quotation to make me say something entirely different and then got on my case for what you made it say. What is wrong with you?

My Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2014, 02:38 PM
(17-01-2014 02:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 02:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Death is not a rejection of life, moron. It's an absence of it!
it is according to your belief. According to my belief death is rejection of life.

Death is rejection of life!?!? Is that what you are going to call it when your body breaks down from (hopefully) old age, when the observable human life span runs out? It will come to an end - it won't come to a rejection to living.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
17-01-2014, 02:40 PM
(17-01-2014 02:34 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 02:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to my belief death is rejection of life.

I'm sorry - but - what?Shocking

And does this apply to the elderly who's bodies have given out and death has arrived at last? I'm not sure that's a choice, Alla.

Using the term: "rejection" implies choice.Blink

But you're not allowed to call that "crazy". Or else Maklelan will get mad at you. Just accept it as true and tell her how smart she is, because that's the only way conversations work. We have to agree with what other people say, or else we are attacking them.

...you know...unless you ARE "them". Then you could do what you want.

[+] 4 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
17-01-2014, 02:41 PM
(17-01-2014 02:07 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Mak,
I have refrained from directly addressing you so far, but now you have deliberately misquoted Cathym who never said anything like the above.

I look forward now to your post criticizing Cathy for directly misquoting me. Here's the post, and here's what she altered my post to say:

Quote:how does this

Cathy Wrote:Atheism is not the remission of cancer.

turn into this

maklelan Wrote:Cathy suggested .....that atheism is represented by the remission of cancer, i.e., rejection.

Cathy specifically stated that Atheism is NOT the remission of cancer . . .

So she's challenging the ostensible claim that I made that she equated remission with cancer. And here's what I actually said:

Quote:Cathy suggested that the conceptualization I proposed was that atheism is represented by the remission of cancer, i.e., rejection.

So she claimed I insisted she thought atheism was represented by remission in her analogy, and then chewed me out for it. Of course, she had to edit my post and remove the portion where I explicitly stated it was a position she was attributing to me. She left that rather critical portion behind ellipses. Please do reprimand her as you did me, given your concern for misquoting people.

My Blog
17-01-2014, 02:43 PM
(17-01-2014 02:35 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  And I think those links are for you. You have need of them, not me.

If you presume to speak about race in the LDS tradition with anything even remotely approximating actual knowledge, those sure as shooting are for you. If you are happy to just sling mud for the sake of slinging mud, then by all means, don't educate yourself.

My Blog
17-01-2014, 02:48 PM
This whole thing has taken a turn towards a level of crazy that I cannot go there.

Pro Tip Maklelan --- IF you wish to not be misunderstood refrain from word salad. I know you're trying to represent yourself well on an atheist forum (without one rational leg to stand on --- cause that's what religion IS --- irrational) But........ Myself and I'd dare say several others can follow Cath just fine.

jesus - what a mess.
Cath - I don't mean to abandon you but this thread and Mak's word salad is just giving me a headache at this point.

I will magically send you energy tho - how about that?
*snark*grin*snark*

ANYONE ELSE? DOES the term REJECTION imply .............................. choice?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
17-01-2014, 02:54 PM
It's funny, these links below are kind of like when a racist says, "I'm not racist. Look I have a black friend. See!"

http://www.blacklds.org/
http://www.blacklds.org/photos

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
17-01-2014, 03:04 PM
(17-01-2014 02:41 PM)maklelan Wrote:  I look forward now to your post criticizing Cathy for directly misquoting me.
So she claimed I insisted she thought atheism was represented by remission in her analogy, and then chewed me out for it. Of course, she had to edit my post and remove the portion where I explicitly stated it was a position she was attributing to me. She left that rather critical portion behind ellipses. Please do reprimand her as you did me, given your concern for misquoting people.

no no no no and no. you did NOT PROPOSE THE CONCEPTUALIZATION of shit. I'm the one that said the words remission, and I'm the one that said atheism was not a remission of cancer. I am the only one who came up with this analogy, which you completely and utterly misunderstood.

I said that religion was a cancer (its apt, I think). You think you have cancer. Turns out you don't. Atheism is just the acknowledgement that there was insufficient evidence to conclude that you had cancer. It wasn't a remission of cancer.

Lets just clear the whole thing up right now by quoting what I actually fucking said.

(17-01-2014 12:54 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You feel the swollen glands on your neck. Other people feel your forehead, and the glands, and check your heart rate, etc., and conclude you have cancer.

You go through life, believing you have cancer. Now, one day, you decide to get a full body CT scan. And you discover that, viola, you have no detectable cancer. As you look back at your previous diagnosis of cancer, you come to the conclusion that there was insufficient evidence to ever conclude you had cancer to begin with.

Is it fair to say that your cancer is in remission (aka rejection)? Or is it more correct to say that you never had cancer to begin with?

Atheism is not the remission of cancer. It is the examination of the evidence, and the conclusion that one has no reason to believe they have cancer, although, there is a small possibility (but not plausibility) that cancer hasn't been detected yet. But as of right now, with the evidence currently available, we have no reason to believe we have cancer.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
17-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Alright, Cathy deliberately misquoted me and now her deception has been exposed. She's blathering on nonsensically and everyone else has clammed up. If I am to believe I have any chance at all of actually making a contribution to this board, or taking something useful away from it, I have to believe that I will be given a fair shake by at least some of the people on this board. I'm taking the rest of the day off, and tomorrow when I get back on, I'd like to see at least three people acknowledge Cathy's intentional misrepresentation of my comments. If that happens, I know there are posters here capable of thinking critically, at least when pushed into a corner. If not, I know that this board is exclusively about rhetoric and battling for your worldview, and that I cannot be treated fairly or rationally if I challenge atheists' deeply held convictions. I have no interest in the board if that's the case. I honestly don't know at this point which scenario is more likely, but I won't be wasting any more of my day today getting frustrated at Cathy's absolutely unthinking belligerence.

My Blog
17-01-2014, 03:13 PM
(17-01-2014 02:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  It's funny, these links below are kind of like when a racist says, "I'm not racist. Look I have a black friend. See!"

http://www.blacklds.org/
http://www.blacklds.org/photos
It is funny, RJ call others racists so nobody will know that he is racist. Nice try. Only racists play race card. Everybody knows this. Don't be racist. It is stupid.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection