Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 02:02 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(16-01-2014 11:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  So you do not believe the words of your "Prophets" or the Mormon Scriptures themselves? Then why be a Mormon?
I do believe words of the prophets when they speak revelations from God. When they speak their own opinions I don't have to believe if I don't want to. And their opinions are NOT official Mormon Doctrine.

No Prophet of God would require me to believe his personal opinion. But word of God or Revelation from God is very important for me. It is important for my salvation.
LDS do not believe that Prophets of God are perfect man. LDS do not believe that Prophets of God have no right for their own opinions. Prophets have the right even for their wrong opinions as we all do.
I will not judge people of old times by the standards of people of 21st century.
We do not understand them they would not understand us.
Opinion of one Apostle from the Quorum is not an official Doctrine of Church.

(16-01-2014 11:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  If you wish to deny this history, and the “Revelation straight from 'God'” from these various “prophets”, “elders”, and actual Mormon scripture itself, then you must contend with the fact that it is very much made up as they go, and not in fact the word of “God”.
what revelations from God are you talking about?

(16-01-2014 11:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  To be clear, I do not think modern day Mormons (at least since 1978) are racist, White Supremacist. Nor do I think Alla, nor Maklelan are either. I assume they and most Mormons are not, and I don’t hold individuals to this history. But it still remains not only your church's history, but your church's historical revelation from “God”. And still, to this day, remains your Church's teaching on the origine of skin color, and the "darker races", and that can't be swept asside.
again what revelations of God are you talking about that are racist?

(16-01-2014 11:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  To put it clearer, I can't speak for you, or individual Mormons, but you're Church's beliefs are racist and you attend a racist Church.
what particular racist believes are you talking about? Please mention ONLY OFFICIAL LDS Doctrine. Opinions of men are not believes of the Church.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2014, 02:23 PM
(16-01-2014 12:47 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Raptor,
Thanks for taking the time to cull and collate all this information from the LDS literature. It will serve as a valuable resource for those of us studying this aspect of the LDS belief system. Keep up the good work!

Doc

It didn't take much time at all to copy and paste all this from the "Recovery from Mormonism" board:

http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/blacks1

My Blog
[+] 1 user Likes maklelan's post
16-01-2014, 02:29 PM
(16-01-2014 02:23 PM)maklelan Wrote:  It didn't take much time at all to copy and paste all this from the "Recovery from Mormonism" board:

Shame on you for not giving credit, Raptor Jesus. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
16-01-2014, 02:52 PM
How many freaking threads do we need on the same damn subject? Can't you guys argue in one thread?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
16-01-2014, 02:55 PM
(16-01-2014 02:52 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  How many freaking threads do we need on the same damn subject? Can't you guys argue in one thread?
I know. It is becoming confusing.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
16-01-2014, 02:55 PM
It is like a cancer spreading around these forums, but unlike cancer, parts of it have been quite entertaining and enlightening!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
16-01-2014, 03:54 PM
(16-01-2014 02:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 11:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  So you do not believe the words of your "Prophets" or the Mormon Scriptures themselves? Then why be a Mormon?
I do believe words of the prophets when they speak revelations from God. When they speak their own opinions I don't have to believe if I don't want to. And their opinions are NOT official Mormon Doctrine.

No Prophet of God would require me to believe his personal opinion. But word of God or Revelation from God is very important for me. It is important for my salvation.
LDS do not believe that Prophets of God are perfect man. LDS do not believe that Prophets of God have no right for their own opinions. Prophets have the right even for their wrong opinions as we all do.
I will not judge people of old times by the standards of people of 21st century.
We do not understand them they would not understand us.
Opinion of one Apostle from the Quorum is not an official Doctrine of Church.

(16-01-2014 11:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  If you wish to deny this history, and the “Revelation straight from 'God'” from these various “prophets”, “elders”, and actual Mormon scripture itself, then you must contend with the fact that it is very much made up as they go, and not in fact the word of “God”.
what revelations from God are you talking about?

(16-01-2014 11:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  To be clear, I do not think modern day Mormons (at least since 1978) are racist, White Supremacist. Nor do I think Alla, nor Maklelan are either. I assume they and most Mormons are not, and I don’t hold individuals to this history. But it still remains not only your church's history, but your church's historical revelation from “God”. And still, to this day, remains your Church's teaching on the origine of skin color, and the "darker races", and that can't be swept asside.
again what revelations of God are you talking about that are racist?

(16-01-2014 11:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  To put it clearer, I can't speak for you, or individual Mormons, but you're Church's beliefs are racist and you attend a racist Church.
what particular racist believes are you talking about? Please mention ONLY OFFICIAL LDS Doctrine. Opinions of men are not believes of the Church.

Offical LDS Church Doctrine. It's from your actual book you read. Hope this helps.

LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 5:40-41;
40 And I the Lord said unto him: Whosoever slayeth thee, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And I the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
41 And Cain was shut out from the presence of the Lord, and with his wife and many of his brethren dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:22
22 And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.

LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:8,12
8 For behold, the Lord shall acurse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.
12 And it came to pass that Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were the people of Canaan, to repent;

LDS Pearl of Great Price, Abraham 1:21-27
21 Now this king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.
22 From this descent sprang all the Egyptians, and thus the blood of the Canaanites was preserved in the land.
23 The land of Egypt being first discovered by a woman, who was the daughter of Ham, and the daughter of Egyptus, which in the Chaldean signifies Egypt, which signifies that which is forbidden;
24 When this woman discovered the land it was under water, who afterward settled her sons in it; and thus, from Ham, sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land.
25 Now the first government of Egypt was established by Pharaoh, the eldest son of Egyptus, the daughter of Ham, and it was after the manner of the government of Ham, which was patriarchal.
26 Pharaoh, being a righteous man, …Noah, his father, who blessed him with the blessings of the earth, and with the blessings of wisdom, but cursed him as pertaining to the Priesthood.
27 Now, Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood, …

Book of Mormon, Alma 3:6,8-9,13-14
6 And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a acurse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.
8 And this was done that their seed might be distinguished from the seed of their brethren, that thereby the Lord God might preserve his people, that they might not mix and believe in incorrect traditions which would prove their destruction.
9 And it came to pass that whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.
13 Now we will return again to the Amlicites, for they also had a mark set upon them; yea, they set the mark upon themselves, yea, even a mark of red upon their foreheads.
14 Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them.

2 Nephi 5:21-24;
21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.
24 And because of their cursing which was upon them they did become an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
16-01-2014, 04:00 PM
(16-01-2014 02:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  

How can you possibly tell which is which? How do you know what is revelation and what is opinion?

Do you even read what you write? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
16-01-2014, 04:03 PM
(16-01-2014 02:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 02:23 PM)maklelan Wrote:  It didn't take much time at all to copy and paste all this from the "Recovery from Mormonism" board:

Shame on you for not giving credit, Raptor Jesus. No

Sorry, yes that is the link.

16-01-2014, 04:03 PM
(16-01-2014 02:23 PM)maklelan Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 12:47 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Raptor,
Thanks for taking the time to cull and collate all this information from the LDS literature. It will serve as a valuable resource for those of us studying this aspect of the LDS belief system. Keep up the good work!

Doc

It didn't take much time at all to copy and paste all this from the "Recovery from Mormonism" board:

How very petty of you. Facts are still facts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user