Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
Ya know what, Sabrina? I'm gonna go too.

A bunch of crazy ass people who belief that death is a rejection of life....now that a level of crazy that makes my blood pressure go up. And its not worth it.

Makle - I didn't alter your quotes to alter the meaning, I took out unnecessary prepositional phrases or superfluous vocabulary to tone down the "word salad" as Witchy aptly put it. You think if you put enough words in a sentence, you can obscure the fact that it doesn't add anything to the sentence, and also that you can obscure that you haven't the foggiest idea what the fuck you are talking about.

So I simply took out the unnecessary vocabulary without changing the meaning of the sentence. See, watch this.

The wet, harmonious melody of the thump thump thumping from the rain pounded like a cacophony of drums on my blue slate roof.

edit. The rain pounded on the roof

see, college boy, it doesn't change the meaning of the sentence at all.

Oxford ran a huge scam on you, boy. shhhew. Thats 150,000 duckets you'll never get back. I got a bridge to sell you.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2014, 03:19 PM
(17-01-2014 02:38 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 02:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  it is according to your belief. According to my belief death is rejection of life.

Death is rejection of life!?!? Is that what you are going to call it when your body breaks down from (hopefully) old age, when the observable human life span runs out? It will come to an end - it won't come to a rejection to living.
Who am I? just a piece of physical matter? No, I am intelligence also. I am spirit. I can choose to live or to die.
But you believe that you are just a piece of physical matter. And you are right that piece of physical matter can not choose to live. As a matter of fact I believe that piece of physical matter without a spirit or intelligence can do NOTHING.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
17-01-2014, 03:22 PM
(17-01-2014 03:12 PM)maklelan Wrote:  Alright, Cathy deliberately misquoted me and now her deception has been exposed. She's blathering on nonsensically and everyone else has clammed up. If I am to believe I have any chance at all of actually making a contribution to this board, or taking something useful away from it, I have to believe that I will be given a fair shake by at least some of the people on this board. I'm taking the rest of the day off, and tomorrow when I get back on, I'd like to see at least three people acknowledge Cathy's intentional misrepresentation of my comments. If that happens, I know there are posters here capable of thinking critically, at least when pushed into a corner. If not, I know that this board is exclusively about rhetoric and battling for your worldview, and that I cannot be treated fairly or rationally if I challenge atheists' deeply held convictions. I have no interest in the board if that's the case. I honestly don't know at this point which scenario is more likely, but I won't be wasting any more of my day today getting frustrated at Cathy's absolutely unthinking belligerence.

again,
You think if you put enough words in a sentence, you can obscure the fact that it doesn't add anything to the sentence, and also that you can obscure that you haven't the foggiest idea what the fuck you are talking about.

So I simply took out the unnecessary vocabulary without changing the meaning of the sentence. See, watch this.

The wet, harmonious melody of the thump thump thumping from the rain pounded like a cacophony of drums on my blue slate roof.

edit. The rain pounded on the roof

see, college boy, it doesn't change the meaning of the sentence at all.

Oxford ran a huge scam on you, boy. shhhew. Thats 150,000 duckets you'll never get back. I got a bridge to sell you if you think that was money well spent.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
17-01-2014, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2014 03:31 PM by Alla.)
(17-01-2014 03:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  A bunch of crazy ass people who belief that death is a rejection of life....now that a level of crazy that makes my blood pressure go up. And its not worth it.
if you are just a piece of meat then you can not reject anything. You can not choose anything.
Is this what you believe? that you are just a piece of meat (and bones)?

17-01-2014, 03:28 PM
(17-01-2014 03:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 02:38 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Death is rejection of life!?!? Is that what you are going to call it when your body breaks down from (hopefully) old age, when the observable human life span runs out? It will come to an end - it won't come to a rejection to living.
Who am I? just a piece of physical matter? No, I am intelligence also. I am spirit. I can choose to live or to die.
But you believe that you are just a piece of physical matter. And you are right that piece of physical matter can not choose to live. As a matter of fact I believe that piece of physical matter without a spirit or intelligence can do NOTHING.

Alla, what is the purpose of your physical body if the "real you" is never ending?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-01-2014, 03:30 PM
(17-01-2014 03:28 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 03:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  Who am I? just a piece of physical matter? No, I am intelligence also. I am spirit. I can choose to live or to die.

Alla, what is the purpose of your physical body if the "real you" is never ending?
so I can do and experience what spirit without physical body can not do or experience.

17-01-2014, 03:31 PM
(17-01-2014 03:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 03:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  A bunch of crazy ass people who belief that death is a rejection of life....now that a level of crazy that makes my blood pressure go up. And its not worth it.
if you are just a piece of meat than you can not reject anything. You can not choose anything.
Is this what you believe? that you are just piece of meat and bones?

re·ject (r-jkt)
tr.v. re·ject·ed, re·ject·ing, re·jects
1. To refuse to accept, submit to, believe, or make use of.
2. To refuse to consider or grant; deny.
3. To refuse to recognize or give affection to (a person).
4. To discard as defective or useless; throw away. See Synonyms at refuse1.
5. To spit out or vomit.

All of these require a conscious choice. People do not - in general - consciously choose to die.

17-01-2014, 03:34 PM
(17-01-2014 03:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 03:28 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Alla, what is the purpose of your physical body if the "real you" is never ending?
so I can do and experience what spirit without physical body can not do or experience.

Why is it necessary to experience living in a living body?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-01-2014, 03:38 PM
(17-01-2014 03:12 PM)maklelan Wrote:  Alright, Cathy deliberately misquoted me and now her deception has been exposed. She's blathering on nonsensically and everyone else has clammed up. If I am to believe I have any chance at all of actually making a contribution to this board, or taking something useful away from it, I have to believe that I will be given a fair shake by at least some of the people on this board. I'm taking the rest of the day off, and tomorrow when I get back on, I'd like to see at least three people acknowledge Cathy's intentional misrepresentation of my comments. If that happens, I know there are posters here capable of thinking critically, at least when pushed into a corner. If not, I know that this board is exclusively about rhetoric and battling for your worldview, and that I cannot be treated fairly or rationally if I challenge atheists' deeply held convictions. I have no interest in the board if that's the case. I honestly don't know at this point which scenario is more likely, but I won't be wasting any more of my day today getting frustrated at Cathy's absolutely unthinking belligerence.

It would be fair if you honestly admitted that you misunderstood Cathy's thought experiment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2014, 03:40 PM
(17-01-2014 03:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 03:28 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Alla, what is the purpose of your physical body if the "real you" is never ending?

There is no evidence of a spirit or consciousness apart from the body.
All of the evidence points to self being brain-based.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post