Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 04:36 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(17-01-2014 04:30 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 03:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  Who am I? just a piece of physical matter? No, I am intelligence also. I am spirit. I can choose to live or to die.
But you believe that you are just a piece of physical matter. And you are right that piece of physical matter can not choose to live. As a matter of fact I believe that piece of physical matter without a spirit or intelligence can do NOTHING.

Alla - I'm one of the weird-Os on the forum who will say Yes I am physical matter And yes I am intelligence and YES I am also spirit. But there's an important distinction.........spirit - to me - does not mean the same thing as "spirit" does to you. I believe in the Human Spirit - not necessarily connected to a deity. For you it is deity. And that is where our road splits.

k?

I have learned (and spent Many years of studying) that the human spirit is fine and well on it's own. It requires no driving force to operate nor exist. Its originality need not be sought nor explained. The mystery of what the human spirit IS or where it came from I just don't care. And I won't willy nilly apply a source for it just for the sake of having one. I believe in People. And that sometimes they are capable of great good. No god required for that. To you (I assume) the spirit requires the source. in particular the source of a god. Not the same for me.

I'd much rather think you are smart and capable and able Just By yourself than relying on something unfounded and unproven in order for you to BE. Nope.......in my opinion you are just grand ....right there.....all by yourself. No batteries needed.

I hope this makes sense.

No batteries included. No batteries required.
Yes, what you said makes sense.
So, can you(spirit) choose to live in physical mortal body? Can you(spirit) choose to come here on earth? or you have no such choices?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2014, 04:38 PM
(17-01-2014 04:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 04:23 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  If I knew better in my pre-life, I would have chosen a mortal body with a much taller and athletic frame. Damn all those sprites must of distracted my spirit!
Big Grin
Oh, you can not choose this. Mother Nature chooses this for you. Heavenly Father let Her to make this kind of decision. So blame Her taste.

Mother Nature is an actual figure in your faith? Is she the one that GOD gives the spirit to, and then she decides what body to put it in? Sort of like a delivery clerk?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Sooooooo I tried to see if Mr. Oxford was listed on the Alumni database. Negative.

I tried to see if he was showcased on the Hebrew and Jewish Studies website since he got such a high degree there....negative.

All told, there does not appear to be any record online that would indicate that he went to Oxford at all. Consider

http://www.ochjs.ac.uk/students/alumni/other-alumni/

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
17-01-2014, 04:41 PM
(17-01-2014 04:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sooooooo I tried to see if Mr. Oxford was listed on the Alumni database. Negative.

I tried to see if he was showcased on the Hebrew and Jewish Studies website since he got such a high degree there....negative.

All told, there does not appear to be any record online that would indicate that he went to Oxford at all. Consider

Who is "Mr. Oxford"?

17-01-2014, 04:41 PM
(17-01-2014 04:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 04:30 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Alla - I'm one of the weird-Os on the forum who will say Yes I am physical matter And yes I am intelligence and YES I am also spirit. But there's an important distinction.........spirit - to me - does not mean the same thing as "spirit" does to you. I believe in the Human Spirit - not necessarily connected to a deity. For you it is deity. And that is where our road splits.

k?

I have learned (and spent Many years of studying) that the human spirit is fine and well on it's own. It requires no driving force to operate nor exist. Its originality need not be sought nor explained. The mystery of what the human spirit IS or where it came from I just don't care. And I won't willy nilly apply a source for it just for the sake of having one. I believe in People. And that sometimes they are capable of great good. No god required for that. To you (I assume) the spirit requires the source. in particular the source of a god. Not the same for me.

I'd much rather think you are smart and capable and able Just By yourself than relying on something unfounded and unproven in order for you to BE. Nope.......in my opinion you are just grand ....right there.....all by yourself. No batteries needed.

I hope this makes sense.

So, can you(spirit) choose to live in physical mortal body? Can you(spirit) choose to come here on earth? or you have no such choices?

No and No. Based on personal experience - have no recollection. You also told me that GOD and Mother Nature make those choices, so I assume no again. Did I pass the quiz?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-01-2014, 04:43 PM
(17-01-2014 04:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 04:30 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Alla - I'm one of the weird-Os on the forum who will say Yes I am physical matter And yes I am intelligence and YES I am also spirit. But there's an important distinction.........spirit - to me - does not mean the same thing as "spirit" does to you. I believe in the Human Spirit - not necessarily connected to a deity. For you it is deity. And that is where our road splits.

k?

I hope this makes sense.

Whether or not I have choice to be here - physically? Nope. I'm here typing to you. The typing part, of course, is the **choice** part.

Thumbsup

I was born from a human mortal mama.............therefore..........till death happens I am here.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
17-01-2014, 04:44 PM
(17-01-2014 04:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sooooooo I tried to see if Mr. Oxford was listed on the Alumni database. Negative.

Maklelan

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
17-01-2014, 04:46 PM
(17-01-2014 04:44 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  

Maklelan

That person claims to be a Hebrew and Jewish Studies scholar?

17-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks Witchy.

I am not really worried about it. I have no problem acknowledging when I am wrong. I Just didn't think I was. I thought my analogy was pretty clear, and for some reason Makle needed to conflate things with supernumerary vocabulary and logomachist trickery.

[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
17-01-2014, 04:48 PM
(17-01-2014 04:46 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 04:44 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Maklelan

That person claims to be a Hebrew and Jewish Studies scholar?

he told us. http://danielomcclellan.wordpress.com/about/