Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(17-01-2014 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 05:40 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I've been away a few hours and I see we're still going nuts Smile ...
nice post, mateSmile
(17-01-2014 05:40 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  My issue with Mormon racism or perceived racism, is not that it was the cultural norm from it's time and place in history but the fact that to have culturally inherent racism inbuilt in the first place is yet further demonstration that it's just yet another man made religion and nothing at all to do with an unproven God.
This is were you are wrong, brother. God gives us instructions and then we govern ourselves. We as imperfect beings make mistakes, sometimes we do very bad choices. We, Gods covenant people, don't live isolated like ancient Israel did. We live in different countries with different cultures and traditions. And we inherit different cultures, we are subjects to them. But the truth which is Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is always the same. And it is noble and beautiful. And God's work can not be stopped.
When we(Saints or God's people) make mistakes we may repent. God let us to make mistakes and then when we repent He forgives us.
When we learn we always make mistakes.
Church of God is not = a bunch of perfect people. It is a bunch of imperfect people who only struggle to become like Christ.

Alla, with respect, I don't consider my view to be 'wrong'.

I am very familiar with the party line. Seek guidance from the holy ghost etc etc. I've lived the dream!

I am attacking the weak foundation of the church. Not the individuals that comprise the membership.

My opinion is based on a wealth of experience and a lifetime of learning and it comes down to this.

If the old school Mormon church is the one you choose to defend. It is insane with a flagrant disregard for proven history, biology and the real world.

The church Mak presents, a more free to interpretation ideal, it's just as weak as every other religion in the world.

I don't mean this as an insult but I think you have not yet had the life experience nor understand your own doctrine well enough to make such an assertion. You have no evidence of anything.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
17-01-2014, 06:38 PM
(17-01-2014 06:21 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 08:25 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  That's ironic. Chippy using an ad hominem attack to accuse the Rev of an ad hominem fallacy.

Doc

You don't understand the fallacy of ad hominem. You are yet another clown that thinks it means to insult someone.

It's charming how you turn every teaching opportunity to utter shit. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Oh and Alla, here's a free one ... just to be nice. Mormon platitudes 101 ... The church isn't a meeting place for saints it's a hospital for sinners! Etc etc ... does every seminar still start with that shit joke about jesus playing golf? ... Please get it in your head. I KNOW THE DANCE! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
17-01-2014, 06:46 PM
(17-01-2014 02:07 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Mak,
I have refrained from directly addressing you so far, but now you have deliberately misquoted Cathym who never said anything like the above. Assuming Cathym is a female, her analogy was perfect:...
Your rep is taking a hit with all your rhetoric. And, now this ploy of misquoting posts will only hurt you further. How seriously will the atheists here take you when you eventually have a red negative number hovering around your name? You may not care but I thought a friendly warning would not go amiss. Maybe you should quit while you are ahead.

Lame rhetoric incompetently disguised as altruism.
17-01-2014, 06:53 PM
(17-01-2014 04:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sooooooo I tried to see if Mr. Oxford was listed on the Alumni database. Negative.

I tried to see if he was showcased on the Hebrew and Jewish Studies website since he got such a high degree there....negative.

All told, there does not appear to be any record online that would indicate that he went to Oxford at all. Consider

http://www.ochjs.ac.uk/students/alumni/other-alumni/

You are desperate aren't you?

He plainly states on his blog and in his posts that his application to Oxford was accepted. He is yet to start his PhD so he isn't going to appear in an Alumni database.

BuckyBall also knows him personally and can confirm this.
17-01-2014, 06:58 PM
(17-01-2014 04:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  http://www.ochjs.ac.uk/students/alumni/other-alumni/

That's not an alumni database, it's a promotional piece for the Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies.
17-01-2014, 07:03 PM
(17-01-2014 06:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does he actually think that none of us have thought deeply about this?

Yes CathyM, Cheapthrillseeker, Taqqiya Mockingbird and WitchSabrina are exemplars of deep thought. It's entirely inexplicable how someone could think otherwise of the forum.
17-01-2014, 07:05 PM
(17-01-2014 06:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's charming how you turn every teaching opportunity to utter shit. Drinking Beverage

Pearls before swine.
17-01-2014, 07:12 PM
(17-01-2014 07:03 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 06:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does he actually think that none of us have thought deeply about this?

Yes CathyM, Cheapthrillseeker, Taqqiya Mockingbird and WitchSabrina are exemplars of deep thought. It's entirely inexplicable how someone could think otherwise of the forum.

You answer 'Yes'. Do you mean that no one has thought deeply?

Or do you actually think these four arrived at atheism without having thought seriously about it?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-01-2014, 08:28 PM
(17-01-2014 07:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or do you actually think these four arrived at atheism without having thought seriously about it?

I think that those four are intellectual giants and comprise the intellectual engine of the forum. They are pole stars in a constellation of intellectual greatness and we are privileged to have them on the forum.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post