Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(17-01-2014 09:59 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 06:21 PM)Chippy Wrote:  You don't understand the fallacy of ad hominem. You are yet another clown that thinks it means to insult someone.

That's ironic. Chippy using an ad hominem attack and then claiming it isn't one.
Doc

You don't understand the fallacy of ad hominem.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2014, 10:46 PM
(17-01-2014 09:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:33 PM)Chippy Wrote:  What was the title of your master's thesis and which podunk university awarded it to you?

MSCS in AI from the podunk Johns Hopkins University. ... oh, and with High Honors, I always forget that. Tongue

No one asked you fatty.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
17-01-2014, 10:54 PM
(17-01-2014 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 05:40 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I've been away a few hours and I see we're still going nuts Smile ...
nice post, mateSmile
(17-01-2014 05:40 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  My issue with Mormon racism or perceived racism, is not that it was the cultural norm from it's time and place in history but the fact that to have culturally inherent racism inbuilt in the first place is yet further demonstration that it's just yet another man made religion and nothing at all to do with an unproven God.
This is were you are wrong, brother. God gives us instructions and then we govern ourselves. We as imperfect beings make mistakes, sometimes we do very bad choices. We, Gods covenant people, don't live isolated like ancient Israel did. We live in different countries with different cultures and traditions. And we inherit different cultures, we are subjects to them. But the truth which is Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is always the same. And it is noble and beautiful. And God's work can not be stopped.
When we(Saints or God's people) make mistakes we may repent. God let us to make mistakes and then when we repent He forgives us.
When we learn we always make mistakes.
Church of God is not = a bunch of perfect people. It is a bunch of imperfect people who only struggle to become like Christ.

Do god's instructions come from revelations or from the scriptures?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
18-01-2014, 02:19 AM
(17-01-2014 03:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  Who am I? just a piece of physical matter? No, I am intelligence also. I am spirit. I can choose to live or to die.
But you believe that you are just a piece of physical matter. And you are right that piece of physical matter can not choose to live. As a matter of fact I believe that piece of physical matter without a spirit or intelligence can do NOTHING.
That's actually a good question @alla Consider

I do NOT think that i'm just a hunk of meat.. of course i'm NOT! i'm alive! i don't exactly know how all life on earth came to be but i sure do know that its a magical thing.

I did not "Exist" before i was born and i won't exist after i die either... only the memories i lived as a person would exist after i die and even they wlll fade away after a 100 years or so.

Everything dies.. the people you see will die,the planet you live on will die,the solar system you know will die,the galaxy you know will die when it collides with andromeda galaxy.

everything came from non-existence and goes back to non-existence.

This video is fitting

The old saying "Life is all about the journey" is not just a cliche.. its a fact of life you should consider.. you should not live your life like a race and you should not yearn for the uncertain,bleak "afterlife" or whatever that is supposed to be.
(17-01-2014 04:13 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Then, if we sucked up to "God" enough, when we "reject" life, and get our own planet in another galaxy to rule over as "gods" and have sprite babies of your own, with our celestial wives, who we use to populate our own planets to rule over and make the rules of, and boss them about. And no one on those planets can question us because we will be their "gods", and no matter how much fucked up shit we do to them, they must accept that we are perfect in everything we do and tell us how good we are all the time, and defend our actions to strangers on internet forums, no matter how fucked up we are or else they don't get to have their own planets, to be their own "gods" of, once they "reject" life.
Okay that's mormon Afterlife ? damn it seriously lacks some imagination >_> i still don't get to be batman its not worth it!

EDIT BTW it looks like this thread has just went banannas LOL

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
18-01-2014, 02:43 AM
(17-01-2014 09:59 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  That's ironic. Chippy using an ad hominem attack and then claiming it isn't one.

Read this you posturing, ignorant, village atheist tool.
18-01-2014, 03:01 AM
(18-01-2014 02:19 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I do NOT think that i'm just a hunk of meat.. of course i'm NOT!

I'm sure you are a well-seasoned hunk of meat. Prathamesh (or whatever the fuck your name is) read this and stop making a dickhead of yourself. And remember what Maklelan was trying to tell you about the God of the Gaps--he was correct. Read this.

Try reading a book occasionally. And why aren't you on a Hindu forum using your uber-skillz? The caste system that derives from (or at least is justified with) Hindu theology isn't egalitarian is it? What of the Hindu pantheon and its zoo of deities? Do you have anything of interest to say about Hinduism and its ill-effects on Indian society?
18-01-2014, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 04:22 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(18-01-2014 03:01 AM)Chippy Wrote:  I'm sure you are a well-seasoned hunk of meat.
Hey fuckface! didn't i tell you after your nonsensical drivel on free will that you're on my ignore list ?

Go blow a horse!Drinking Beverage
Quote:and stop making a dickhead of yourself.
I afraid that's you my friend... you seem to have this irresistible knack for waggling your floppy dick on people's faces as you please.

You can have a circle jerk with your condescending fuckbuddies @Free and @Maklelan all you want.. just don't bother with people who don't give 2 shits about your little egotrips okay ?
Quote:And why aren't you on a Hindu forum using your uber-skillz?
Uh.. dunno maybe cus' you know i'm an ATHEIST? in case my username wasn't clear enough.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
18-01-2014, 05:13 AM
(17-01-2014 10:46 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  MSCS in AI from the podunk Johns Hopkins University. ... oh, and with High Honors, I always forget that. Tongue

No one asked you fatty.

No one has to ask the random sumo. He's like radiation, he just happens. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
18-01-2014, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 06:01 AM by docskeptic.)
(18-01-2014 02:43 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 09:59 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  That's ironic. Chippy using an ad hominem attack and then claiming it isn't one.

Read this you posturing, ignorant, village atheist tool.

How ironic. Chippy using personal attacks and insults to insist he's not using ad hominem attacks.

Chippy, I would advise you to also consider this gem from Commitment in Dialogue: Basic Concepts of Interpersonal Reasoning by Douglas Walton and Eric Krabbe who identify the first of 3 types of ad hominem fallacy as "The personal or abusive ad hominem (which) alleges bad character for veracity, or bad moral character generally."

Also, Chippy, I at least know the difference between "relative" and "relativistic". I'd be careful about throwing that "ignorant" label about.

Regards,
Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
18-01-2014, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 06:42 AM by docskeptic.)
Getting back to the topic at hand, I'd like to ask the LDSers here: Do you believe in a literal Adam and Eve and if so what was their skin color? If white, did God create them with the genetic machinery to be capable of producing colored offspring?

Doc