Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
I am pretty fucking convinced that @maklelan makes his living off from this religion..

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
16-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Raptor,
Once again, thanks for posting this information. I enjoy your posts. You may have addressed this elsewhere, but what were you before you left the faith and why did you leave?
Regards.
Doc
16-01-2014, 04:42 PM
I would like to take a closer examination of this last expert because it is so blantantly racist.

2 Nephi 5:21-24;
21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, ...
What kind of punishment would they receive?
...yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint...
Flint is a dark color, in case you don’t know. Their punishment was to have dark skin. Why is dark skin a punishment. Let’s read on to find out
...; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome,...
They used to be white skinned, and white equals good and wonderful. It literally says "delightsome". Couldn’t be more direct than that. So if you are good in the eyes of "God" you have white skin. But if you are bad "God" punishes you with Black or dark skin. Why would "God" do that? Why would having dark skin be a punishment?
...that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
“God” gave them dark “black” skin so they would not be attractive. That’s fucking racist! I don’t care how you try to spin that. That is racist! White skin is awesome and wonderful. Black or dark skin is repulsive. How could that be more racist? Why does “God” want to make they such "unattractive" dark skinned people? Let’s read on.
23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.
24 And because of their cursing which was upon them they did become an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey.
“God” created dark skin so that the good light skinned white people could recognized the bad dark skinned people and know not to “mix”, reproduce, or associate with them. That’s fucking white supremacy right there. I don’t care what Mormon said this, or said that, or your defense of them not being Prophets, or being Prophets but speaking their own mind at the time rather than a direct revelation from God. This is the actual book you get your shit from. It’s systemic. It’s in there, and it is in the heart of Moronic belief.

THAT IS FUCKING RACIST AS ALL FUCK!!!

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
16-01-2014, 04:52 PM
(16-01-2014 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 02:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I do believe words of the prophets when they speak revelations from God. When they speak their own opinions I don't have to believe if I don't want to. And their opinions are NOT official Mormon Doctrine.

How can you possibly tell which is which? How do you know what is revelation and what is opinion?

Do you even read what you write? Consider
prophets tell what is revelation and what is not

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
16-01-2014, 04:56 PM
(16-01-2014 04:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  How can you possibly tell which is which? How do you know what is revelation and what is opinion?

Chas,
Quit while you have some sanity left.
Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
16-01-2014, 05:03 PM
(16-01-2014 04:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  How can you possibly tell which is which? How do you know what is revelation and what is opinion?

you are confusing as fuck. So a prophet can easily state something is revelation because he feels strongly that his opinion should be? Consider Sounds like a reasonable system to base your beliefs.

Did he steal the money?
no
How do you know?
He told me he didn't
How do you know he isn't lying?
He tells me what is the truth and what is lies

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
16-01-2014, 05:04 PM
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 5:40-41;
40 And I the Lord said unto him: Whosoever slayeth thee, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And I the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
41 And Cain was shut out from the presence of the Lord, and with his wife and many of his brethren dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
what is racist in these verses?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:22
22 And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.
what is racist here?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:8,12
8 For behold, the Lord shall acurse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.
12 And it came to pass that Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were the people of Canaan, to repent;
what is racist here?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Abraham 1:21-27
21 Now this king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.
22 From this descent sprang all the Egyptians, and thus the blood of the Canaanites was preserved in the land.
23 The land of Egypt being first discovered by a woman, who was the daughter of Ham, and the daughter of Egyptus, which in the Chaldean signifies Egypt, which signifies that which is forbidden;
24 When this woman discovered the land it was under water, who afterward settled her sons in it; and thus, from Ham, sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land.
25 Now the first government of Egypt was established by Pharaoh, the eldest son of Egyptus, the daughter of Ham, and it was after the manner of the government of Ham, which was patriarchal.
26 Pharaoh, being a righteous man, …Noah, his father, who blessed him with the blessings of the earth, and with the blessings of wisdom, but cursed him as pertaining to the Priesthood.
27 Now, Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood, …
what is racist here?
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Book of Mormon, Alma 3:6,8-9,13-14
6 And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a acurse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.
8 And this was done that their seed might be distinguished from the seed of their brethren, that thereby the Lord God might preserve his people, that they might not mix and believe in incorrect traditions which would prove their destruction.
9 And it came to pass that whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.
13 Now we will return again to the Amlicites, for they also had a mark set upon them; yea, they set the mark upon themselves, yea, even a mark of red upon their foreheads.
14 Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them.
what is racist here?
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  2 Nephi 5:21-24;
21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.
24 And because of their cursing which was upon them they did become an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey.
what is racist here?

Definition of racism (n)

Bing Dictionary
ra·cism
[ ráy sìzzəm ]

1.animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
2.belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

16-01-2014, 05:05 PM
(16-01-2014 05:03 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 04:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  prophets tell what is revelation and what is not

you are confusing as fuck. So a prophet can easily state something is revelation because he feels strongly that his opinion should be? Consider Sounds like a reasonable system to base your beliefs.

Did he steal the money?
no
How do you know?
He told me he didn't
How do you know he isn't lying?
He tells me what is the truth and what is lies

Prophet claims if there is a revelation. By the power of the Holy Ghost I may know if it is true.

16-01-2014, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 05:17 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(16-01-2014 04:33 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Raptor,
Once again, thanks for posting this information. I enjoy your posts. You may have addressed this elsewhere, but what were you before you left the faith and why did you leave?
Regards.
Doc

Thanks Doc,

My family went the Church of the Brethren. Kind of like the Mennonites and Quakers, they are a pacifist church. My family stopped going for the most part when I was around 6-8ish, but still kind of went for holidays and when my grandparents were in town. It was actually when my Grandparents moved away, around the age of 6-8 (not sure the exact age), that my parents mostly stopped going, or at least greatly slowed down.

I never actually thought any of it was real. I knew I was meant to believe in it, but it all just sounded like stories to me. Same as if someone read me a story about Pinocchio, but claimed it really happened. I just knew they clearly weren’t things that actually happened, and I never actually got around to believing it.

When I was young I was concerned that I could be wrong not to believe it, because after all...Hell. It was only the thought of Hell and being wrong that made me think more about it, seriously at all. I didn’t think Hell was real, but that was a big gamble to take if I was wrong, and I was just a kid, so what did I know. Basically I independently invented Pascal’s wager. And by the age of seven I figured out it was all clearly bullshit, and made no sense at all. Just the logic of it all can’t fit together, with or without the bible. To this day I'll ask believers questions I had when I was seven years old, and they still can't answer them.

Other than that I've studied the bible and religion still because I'm surrounded by a world full of people who believe Pinocchio was a real boy, lived in a whale, had a talking cricket friend, grew donkey ears, and his nose grew when he told lies. Except trade all that with the bible, or the book of Mormon, or the Quran, or whatever else, and same difference. I mainly study it and talk to theist about it because I honeslty can't fathom how any human being could possibly believe in these so clearly made up nonsense that doesn't match anything in reality that we see around us in anyway, yet they still believe in nothing, and nonreality in the face of reality, for some reason I just can't figure out, and I'm endlessly curious as to why.

It's all Pinocchio to me...

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
16-01-2014, 05:07 PM
(16-01-2014 05:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 5:40-41;
40 And I the Lord said unto him: Whosoever slayeth thee, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And I the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
41 And Cain was shut out from the presence of the Lord, and with his wife and many of his brethren dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
what is racist in these verses?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:22
22 And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.
what is racist here?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:8,12
8 For behold, the Lord shall acurse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.
12 And it came to pass that Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were the people of Canaan, to repent;
what is racist here?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Abraham 1:21-27
21 Now this king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.
22 From this descent sprang all the Egyptians, and thus the blood of the Canaanites was preserved in the land.
23 The land of Egypt being first discovered by a woman, who was the daughter of Ham, and the daughter of Egyptus, which in the Chaldean signifies Egypt, which signifies that which is forbidden;
24 When this woman discovered the land it was under water, who afterward settled her sons in it; and thus, from Ham, sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land.
25 Now the first government of Egypt was established by Pharaoh, the eldest son of Egyptus, the daughter of Ham, and it was after the manner of the government of Ham, which was patriarchal.
26 Pharaoh, being a righteous man, …Noah, his father, who blessed him with the blessings of the earth, and with the blessings of wisdom, but cursed him as pertaining to the Priesthood.
27 Now, Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood, …
what is racist here?
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Book of Mormon, Alma 3:6,8-9,13-14
6 And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a acurse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.
8 And this was done that their seed might be distinguished from the seed of their brethren, that thereby the Lord God might preserve his people, that they might not mix and believe in incorrect traditions which would prove their destruction.
9 And it came to pass that whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.
13 Now we will return again to the Amlicites, for they also had a mark set upon them; yea, they set the mark upon themselves, yea, even a mark of red upon their foreheads.
14 Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them.
what is racist here?
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  2 Nephi 5:21-24;
21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
what is racist here?

Definition of racism (n)

Bing Dictionary
ra·cism
[ ráy sìzzəm ]

1.animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
2.belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

Frusty

you can't be serious. what is racist about saying that blackness is a mark of a curse, and therefore they are all wicked? Good lord.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post