Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(19-01-2014 04:56 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 04:50 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Ah Chippy, back for another therapy session, eh? Very well, for your depression and anxiety, I would advise Prozac 20 mg daily.

For your OCD, a little fluvoxamine would go a long way.

For your rage and anger, I recommend a bilateral orchiectomy. Of course, we may have to sew on a pair first as I suspect that last tiff with GirlyMan may have left you scrotally empty.

Please pay your copayment on the way out. See you next week!

Doc

Trying to pathologise your interlocutor when you have been squashed in an argument is perhaps the cheapest of rhetoorical ploys. Clearly you learnt nothing from Walton and Krabbe.

I hope you choke on a syphilitic cock. You suck.

There he goes again with the phallic obsession....

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Raptor,
My profound apologies for derailing your thread. I will defer from posting anymore as I want people to focus on your hypothesis that the Mormon Church is inherently racist.

Sincerely,
Doc
19-01-2014, 05:06 PM
(19-01-2014 04:53 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Nice try, Chip.

to seem angry all the time because you think you have been treated unfairly or feel you are not as good as other people:
He's got a chip on his shoulder about not having been to university.
(Definition of have a chip on your shoulder from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus Cambridge University Press)

Unless of course, all the people at Cambridge are idiots too, I guess?

So using your keen intellect you have determined that "having a chip on one's shoulder" is due to a "Superiority Complex"? What is the psychopathology associated with "having two left feet"?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
19-01-2014, 05:07 PM
(19-01-2014 05:03 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Raptor,
My profound apologies for derailing your thread. I will defer from posting anymore as I want people to focus on your hypothesis that the Mormon Church is inherently racist.

Sincerely,
Doc

Thin premise. Yeah fuck off with your tail between your legs.
19-01-2014, 05:18 PM
(19-01-2014 05:06 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 04:53 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Nice try, Chip.

to seem angry all the time because you think you have been treated unfairly or feel you are not as good as other people:
He's got a chip on his shoulder about not having been to university.
(Definition of have a chip on your shoulder from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus Cambridge University Press)

Unless of course, all the people at Cambridge are idiots too, I guess?

So using your keen intellect you have determined that "having a chip on one's shoulder" is due to a "Superiority Complex"? What is the psychopathology associated with "having two left feet"?

According to French philosopher Michel Foucault (1991), there is a definite connection between learning to move as a unit and becoming an automatic follower. Foucault called these types of individuals docile bodies: a body that is useful, but obediently never questions the ‘correct’ way of behaving. While Foucault did not study sport or exercise, many scholars have applied his analysis of bodily discipline to examine the effects of exercise beyond its physical benefits.

Foucault was concerned with a detailed analysis of how various training techniques can discipline. For him, training techniques, although apparently innocent, can be used to control individual’s behavior. He asserted that it is important to carefully analyze the small details of everyday practices to fully understand their effects. Discipline, and thus control, Foucault explained, is tightened by the effective use of space, time, and different exercise techniques.

anything else, asshole?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
19-01-2014, 05:23 PM
(19-01-2014 05:06 PM)Chippy Wrote:  So using your keen intellect you have determined that "having a chip on one's shoulder" is due to an "Inferiority Complex"?

Fixt. So sue me. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-01-2014, 05:28 PM
(19-01-2014 05:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 05:06 PM)Chippy Wrote:  So using your keen intellect you have determined that "having a chip on one's shoulder" is due to a "Superiority Complex"? What is the psychopathology associated with "having two left feet"?

According to French philosopher Michel Foucault (1991), there is a definite connection between learning to move as a unit and becoming an automatic follower. Foucault called these types of individuals docile bodies: a body that is useful, but obediently never questions the ‘correct’ way of behaving. While Foucault did not study sport or exercise, many scholars have applied his analysis of bodily discipline to examine the effects of exercise beyond its physical benefits.

Foucault was concerned with a detailed analysis of how various training techniques can discipline. For him, training techniques, although apparently innocent, can be used to control individual’s behavior. He asserted that it is important to carefully analyze the small details of everyday practices to fully understand their effects. Discipline, and thus control, Foucault explained, is tightened by the effective use of space, time, and different exercise techniques.

anything else, asshole?

Yes, I asked what is the psychopathology of "having two left feet" and you copied-and-pasted something about not "having two left feet"--"moving as a unit"--and how that relates to Foucault's concept of embodied discipline and state/private coercion. You don't understand what you are reading.

So your position is that every figure of speech corresponds to a psychopathology? Really? Have you given this much thought?
19-01-2014, 05:53 PM
(19-01-2014 05:28 PM)Chippy Wrote:  So your position is that every figure of speech corresponds to a psychopathology? Really? Have you given this much thought?

Girly's position is that Chippy ain't getting enough hugs. Hug

19-01-2014, 06:01 PM
(19-01-2014 05:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly's position is that Chippy ain't getting enough hugs. Hug

Can anyone ever get enough hugs?
[+] 3 users Like Chippy's post
19-01-2014, 06:04 PM
(19-01-2014 06:01 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 05:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly's position is that Chippy ain't getting enough hugs. Hug

Can anyone ever get enough hugs?

That's what I'm sayin', right?

[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]