Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(16-01-2014 05:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 5:40-41;
40 And I the Lord said unto him: Whosoever slayeth thee, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And I the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
41 And Cain was shut out from the presence of the Lord, and with his wife and many of his brethren dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
what is racist in these verses?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:22
22 And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.
what is racist here?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:8,12
8 For behold, the Lord shall acurse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.
12 And it came to pass that Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were the people of Canaan, to repent;
what is racist here?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Abraham 1:21-27
21 Now this king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.
22 From this descent sprang all the Egyptians, and thus the blood of the Canaanites was preserved in the land.
23 The land of Egypt being first discovered by a woman, who was the daughter of Ham, and the daughter of Egyptus, which in the Chaldean signifies Egypt, which signifies that which is forbidden;
24 When this woman discovered the land it was under water, who afterward settled her sons in it; and thus, from Ham, sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land.
25 Now the first government of Egypt was established by Pharaoh, the eldest son of Egyptus, the daughter of Ham, and it was after the manner of the government of Ham, which was patriarchal.
26 Pharaoh, being a righteous man, …Noah, his father, who blessed him with the blessings of the earth, and with the blessings of wisdom, but cursed him as pertaining to the Priesthood.
27 Now, Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood, …
what is racist here?
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Book of Mormon, Alma 3:6,8-9,13-14
6 And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a acurse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.
8 And this was done that their seed might be distinguished from the seed of their brethren, that thereby the Lord God might preserve his people, that they might not mix and believe in incorrect traditions which would prove their destruction.
9 And it came to pass that whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.
13 Now we will return again to the Amlicites, for they also had a mark set upon them; yea, they set the mark upon themselves, yea, even a mark of red upon their foreheads.
14 Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them.
what is racist here?
(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  2 Nephi 5:21-24;
21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.
24 And because of their cursing which was upon them they did become an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey.
what is racist here?

Definition of racism (n)

Bing Dictionary
ra·cism
[ ráy sìzzəm ]

1.animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
2.belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

Holyshit you really are fucking crazy! I was holding out hope you were just ill informed. But if you honestly claim not to see anything racist there then there is no more point with you because you are now offically a fucking racist if you cannont see it for yourself!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
16-01-2014, 05:19 PM
(16-01-2014 05:10 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 05:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  what is racist in these verses?

what is racist here?

what is racist here?

what is racist here?
what is racist here?
what is racist here?

Definition of racism (n)

Bing Dictionary
ra·cism
[ ráy sìzzəm ]

1.animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
2.belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

Holyshit you really are fucking crazy! I was holding out hope you were just ill informed. But if you honestly claim not to see anything racist there then there is no more point with you because you are now offically a fucking racist if you cannont see it for yourself!

If I don't see you can explain it to me. If you can't explain than there is no racism in those verses.
So, can you explain?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
16-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Raptor,
I had this same conversation with Alla in another thread and it astounded me also that she could find no fault in those verses. She honestly does not see that having a dark skin and being cursed by God is "racist". I gave up after a few posts.
Doc
16-01-2014, 05:27 PM
(16-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  If I don't see you can explain it to me. If you can't explain than there is no racism in those verses.
So, can you explain?

I already did explain it to you in great detail. You didn't find it racist, because you are clearly a racist yourself. There is really nothing more to say. I know now, so we are done here.

16-01-2014, 05:28 PM
(16-01-2014 05:25 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Raptor,
I had this same conversation with Alla in another thread and it astounded me also that she could find no fault in those verses. She honestly does not see that having a dark skin and being cursed by God is "racist". I gave up after a few posts.
Doc

I have said before and stand by it. Alla is either a poe or simply not intelligent enough to have a conversation with. She lacks basic reading skills and has no critical thinking. If this is not an act I hope she has a minder, I fear for her saftey if she is in charge of her own well being.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-01-2014, 05:30 PM
(16-01-2014 05:07 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  you can't be serious. what is racist about saying that blackness is a mark of a curse, and therefore they are all wicked? Good lord.

It says that wicked people had a mark: black or dark skin. So? What is so bad about black skin?
what is wrong with black skin? I find it even more attractive then white skin. I love to have sun tan/ darker skin.
Does it say that black skin is curse or punishment? NO.
Does it say that white skin or black skin means to have different qualities or abilities?

16-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Alla you can't be this stupid. But if you are, I'm gonna use little words for you so that hopefully you'll understand.

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 5:40-41;
40 And I the Lord said unto him: Whosoever slayeth thee, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And I the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
41 And Cain was shut out from the presence of the Lord, and with his wife and many of his brethren dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
what is racist in these verses?

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:22
22 And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.
what is racist here?

black skin = cursed. cursed = bad. white skin = not cursed. Not cursed = good.
thats racist honey.

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:8,12
8 For behold, the Lord shall acurse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.
12 And it came to pass that Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were the people of Canaan, to repent;
what is racist here?

the were black and despised among all people. Thats pretty fucking racist.

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  LDS Pearl of Great Price, Abraham 1:21-27
21 Now this king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.
22 From this descent sprang all the Egyptians, and thus the blood of the Canaanites was preserved in the land.
23 The land of Egypt being first discovered by a woman, who was the daughter of Ham, and the daughter of Egyptus, which in the Chaldean signifies Egypt, which signifies that which is forbidden;
24 When this woman discovered the land it was under water, who afterward settled her sons in it; and thus, from Ham, sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land.
25 Now the first government of Egypt was established by Pharaoh, the eldest son of Egyptus, the daughter of Ham, and it was after the manner of the government of Ham, which was patriarchal.
26 Pharaoh, being a righteous man, …Noah, his father, who blessed him with the blessings of the earth, and with the blessings of wisdom, but cursed him as pertaining to the Priesthood.
27 Now, Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood, …
what is racist here?

a (black) race that preserves a curse = bad. thats racist.

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Book of Mormon, Alma 3:6,8-9,13-14
6 And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a acurse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.
8 And this was done that their seed might be distinguished from the seed of their brethren, that thereby the Lord God might preserve his people, that they might not mix and believe in incorrect traditions which would prove their destruction.
9 And it came to pass that whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.
13 Now we will return again to the Amlicites, for they also had a mark set upon them; yea, they set the mark upon themselves, yea, even a mark of red upon their foreheads.
14 Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them.
what is racist here?

aside from the fact that it specifically says to not mix with the black race because their race is cursed and therefore bad?'

(16-01-2014 03:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  2 Nephi 5:21-24;
21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.
24 And because of their cursing which was upon them they did become an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey.
what is racist here?

gee...I dunno, it basically says all black people and bi-racial are full of mischief (aka thugs), and animals (aka savages)

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
16-01-2014, 05:33 PM
(16-01-2014 05:27 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 05:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  If I don't see you can explain it to me. If you can't explain than there is no racism in those verses.
So, can you explain?

I already did explain it to you in great detail. You didn't find it racist, because you are clearly a racist yourself. There is really nothing more to say. I know now, so we are done here.
Great, you can NOT explain. I don't find those statements racist.
It doesn't say that black skin means something bad/horrible/inferior.

16-01-2014, 05:36 PM
(16-01-2014 05:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 05:07 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  you can't be serious. what is racist about saying that blackness is a mark of a curse, and therefore they are all wicked? Good lord.

It says that wicked people had a mark: black or dark skin. So? What is so bad about black skin?
what is wrong with black skin? I find it even more attractive then white skin. I love to have sun tan/ darker skin.
Does it say that black skin is curse or punishment? NO.
Does it say that white skin or black skin means to have different qualities or abilities?

Whats bad about having dark skin? Uh...because its a sign you are wicked.

YES IT DOES SAY ITS A CURSE!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
16-01-2014, 05:38 PM
(16-01-2014 05:32 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Alla you can't be this stupid. But if you are, I'm gonna use little words for you so that hopefully you'll understand.

(16-01-2014 05:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  what is racist in these verses?

what is racist here?

black skin = cursed. cursed = bad. white skin = not cursed. Not cursed = good.
thats racist honey.

(16-01-2014 05:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  what is racist here?

the were black and despised among all people. Thats pretty fucking racist.

a (black) race that preserves a curse = bad. thats racist.

aside from the fact that it specifically says to not mix with the black race because their race is cursed and therefore bad?'

gee...I dunno, it basically says all black people and bi-racial are full of mischief (aka thugs), and animals (aka savages)
You say this. What I see is this:
Only SOME and PARTICULAR very, very WIECKED people got dark skin. Only they are marked. ALL their decedents have dark skin because their inherit it, thanks to Mother Nature.
I don't see that it says that there is something wrong or bad about black skin.
Only RACISTS will ASSUME that black skin means something offensive or bad.
I find black skin very attractive. I wish I was darker.