Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Mormonism: A White Supremacy Cult? (answer: yes)
(16-01-2014 06:14 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 06:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  Of course I will stop. There is no point to talk to you because you can not show me what is racist in those verses.
You are racist. So, stop calling me racist.

What I know is that your racist "god" would hate me, were "he" real, because according to "him" I should not even exist. I am the mixing of the white skin with the black skin he was so against, and as such, according to Mormon scripture, I continue to carry the "curse" simply due to the circumstances of my birth. That's fucked up racism.

Fucking racisted ass religion.

You are a racist!

Don't bother, RJ. Alla is her own world of crazy.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
16-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Raptor,
There's no point in proceeding. This LDS drone CANNOT see it any other way. Like you, I am dark-skinned and CANNOT understand their POV. Suffice it that you and I and a host of other reasonable folk see this religion for what it is - fetid dung.
Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
16-01-2014, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 07:13 PM by Alla.)
(16-01-2014 06:14 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  What I know is that your racist "god" would hate me, were "he" real, because according to "him" I should not even exist.
You say this because you ASSUME that my God is racist. My God never said that He hates black people. He never told me to hate black people. My God never told me that you are hated by Him and that you should not even exist. My God never said that black skin is the reason for hatred.
My God never said that black skin means something horrible and ugly.
My God said that he will judge people's HEARTS and not for their intelligence, talents or skin color/race.

(16-01-2014 06:14 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I am the mixing of the white skin with the black skin he was so against,
WHERE did He say that He is against of mixing of the black skin and white skin? Show it to me, please.
He was against of mixing righteous with the wicked one. This is what He said many times. And this is Mormon Doctrine.

(16-01-2014 06:14 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  and as such, according to Mormon scripture, I continue to carry the "curse" simply due to the circumstances of my birth. That's fucked up racism.
I don't know such a doctrine. In what Church book it is written?

http://www.blacklds.org/

(16-01-2014 06:14 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  You are a racist!
You are racist.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
16-01-2014, 07:10 PM
(16-01-2014 06:01 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 05:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  Does it make me a racist not to want to associate with a WICKED person? Orange suit is for the convenience: I know it is wicked person(DANGER)
Why don't I want to associate with the WICKED person? because of the ORANGE color of the suit/BLACK color of the skin or because of who this person is?
I don't care about orange or black. I care about moral character.

thus proving my point. if a person is wearing an orange suit, they are wicked and dangerous. If all of this man's children now wear orange suits because they inherited all of them from their dad, then you cannot tell the diffence between the actual criminal and his offspring since everyone in the fucking room is wearing an orange jumpsuit. Therefore, you are suspicious of EVERYONE In a jumpsuit. You are suspicious of EVERYONE who is black.

Rev is right. You have to be a Poe.

awaiting your response, Alla.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
16-01-2014, 07:12 PM
(16-01-2014 07:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  My God said that he will judge people's HEARTS and not for their intelligence, talents or skin color/race.

interesting...then why mark their SKIN in order to distinguish who is cursed and who isn't if what determines your curse is what is in your heart and not your skin?

After all, a criminal with an orange jumpsuit that bequeathes all this jumpsuits to his sons, which now wear them because it was inherited, now everyone in the room is wearing orange. How can you tell who is the criminal and who isn't when everyone is wearing orange?

16-01-2014, 07:24 PM
(16-01-2014 06:14 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  What I know is that your racist "god" would hate me, were "he" real, because according to "him" I should not even exist. I am the mixing of the white skin with the black skin he was so against, and as such, according to Mormon scripture, I continue to carry the "curse" simply due to the circumstances of my birth. That's fucked up racism.

You are a racist!

I think it's time for you all to lay off a bit. Obviously you're dealing with a pretty new member of the Church who's not speaking from a perspective of particularly informed cultural and racial awareness. Rather, this is someone who hasn't dealt much with these questions and is from a culture that has a completely different set of embedded assumptions and values. Rather than sharing her opinion from a reasoned and experienced position, she's looking around for the quickest and easiest answer she can find. She interprets the texts she reads in the LDS standard works basically from a culturally blank slate, and doesn't appear to understand the history of this jargon or the cultural backdrop against which this kind of language profiles.

I have no doubt she's an honest, sincere, and loving person who harbors no ill will toward members of other ethnicities, and is just sharing what she assumes to be the standard interpretation of the literature. I'm sure some of you are aware of this, at least to some degree, but rather than try to understand what's informing her responses, or try to help her understand, you're belligerently and violently jumping down her throat, which I don't think is a particularly insightful or informed way to educate her. That reaction not only is not going to help her come to a better understanding, but it's going to make her dig in her heals more and grow more and more adamant about this interpretation of hers that elicited such violent and rude insults from the atheists. Maybe approach this new and learning member with a little more tact and maturity. That doesn't mean you have to abandon your beliefs about Mormonism's depraved and insidious nature, it just means you can choose to educate rather than just shout angrily at people.

My Blog
[+] 3 users Like maklelan's post
16-01-2014, 07:26 PM
(16-01-2014 07:12 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 07:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  My God said that he will judge people's HEARTS and not for their intelligence, talents or skin color/race.
interesting...then why mark their SKIN in order to distinguish who is cursed and who isn't if what determines your curse is what is in your heart and not your skin?
As I said for convenience as orange suits are for convenience to see the difference. People who lived in those times and had covenant with God and were righteous could right away recognize(by the mark) who belongs to cursed people. BUT we know from the scriptures that if a person/people from this cursed seed wanted to make covenants with God and live righteous lives then curse was lifted from every one of them. White skin, black skin doesn't matter they all were becoming a part of God's covenant people and had many blessings.

(16-01-2014 07:12 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  After all, a criminal with an orange jumpsuit that bequeathes all this jumpsuits to his sons, which now wear them because it was inherited, now everyone in the room is wearing orange. How can you tell who is the criminal and who isn't when everyone is wearing orange?
The same way as ancient people knew. Person/people with the mark would come to children of Israel and said: "we want to make a covenant with your God. we want to live like you do and have blessings that your God promises to you." And children of Israel were saying: "Sure. You guys are very welcome"
If person in orange suit come to me and says: I am a good guy and not felon. Can we be friends?" I would say: "Sure, brother/sister. Oh, by the way, nice color. I love orange".

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
16-01-2014, 07:29 PM
(16-01-2014 07:24 PM)maklelan Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 06:14 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  What I know is that your racist "god" would hate me, were "he" real, because according to "him" I should not even exist. I am the mixing of the white skin with the black skin he was so against, and as such, according to Mormon scripture, I continue to carry the "curse" simply due to the circumstances of my birth. That's fucked up racism.

You are a racist!

I think it's time for you all to lay off a bit. Obviously you're dealing with a pretty new member of the Church who's not speaking from a perspective of particularly informed cultural and racial awareness. Rather, this is someone who hasn't dealt much with these questions and is from a culture that has a completely different set of embedded assumptions and values. Rather than sharing her opinion from a reasoned and experienced position, she's looking around for the quickest and easiest answer she can find. She interprets the texts she reads in the LDS standard works basically from a culturally blank slate, and doesn't appear to understand the history of this jargon or the cultural backdrop against which this kind of language profiles.

I have no doubt she's an honest, sincere, and loving person who harbors no ill will toward members of other ethnicities, and is just sharing what she assumes to be the standard interpretation of the literature. I'm sure some of you are aware of this, at least to some degree, but rather than try to understand what's informing her responses, or try to help her understand, you're belligerently and violently jumping down her throat, which I don't think is a particularly insightful or informed way to educate her. That reaction not only is not going to help her come to a better understanding, but it's going to make her dig in her heals more and grow more and more adamant about this interpretation of hers that elicited such violent and rude insults from the atheists. Maybe approach this new and learning member with a little more tact and maturity. That doesn't mean you have to abandon your beliefs about Mormonism's depraved and insidious nature, it just means you can choose to educate rather than just shout angrily at people.

This is an atheist forum, which you seem to have forgotten.

We have been pointing out her unthinking parroting of things she only dimly understands. Maybe we can save her from mindless faith.

I don't really think we need you to school us on this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-01-2014, 07:29 PM
(16-01-2014 07:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  If person in orange suit come to me and says: I am a good guy and not felon. Can we be friends?" I would say: "Sure, brother/sister. Oh, by the way, nice color. I love orange".

Shocking

You are not too smart.

Do you not have a silly religious saying that describes bad people in the guise of good intentions?
16-01-2014, 07:40 PM
(16-01-2014 07:24 PM)maklelan Wrote:  I have no doubt she's an honest, sincere, and loving person
Aww its so cute @maklelan is whiteknighting @alla LOL Rolleyes

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post