Mormons Baptize Anne Frank

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Mormons Baptize Anne Frank
Story here

Allegedly, several Mormons have posthumously "baptized" Anne Frank. To me this is one of the most disrespectful things you could do: someone suffers immensely and dies because of their religion and you decide that in order to gain converts you baptize him/her over to your side.

No respect...

However, these claims have not been completely verified, so lets not say they did for sure. Even so, they have admitted themselves to have baptized other Holocaust victims, a deed equal to this.

Sidenote: When I was typing "mormons" in the title, I accidentally typed morons. No kidding...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atheist's post
25-02-2012, 12:55 AM
RE: Mormons Baptize Anne Frank
That's crappy.

It certainly isn't new that some religions baptize without the person's consent. Catholics get 'em as young as possible. Don't want those babies in Limbo and want that Catholic stamp on them before they can even speak.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-02-2012, 01:06 AM
(25-02-2012 12:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That's crappy.

It certainly isn't new that some religions baptize without the person's consent. Catholics get 'em as young as possible. Don't want those babies in Limbo and want that Catholic stamp on them before they can even speak.

Poor Anne; she was a wonderfull women and that ratbag mob should have shown a bit of respect.............Angry
25-02-2012, 03:49 AM
While all they did was dunk someone else in water while pretending it was her (or something similar from the article), which does absolutely nothing, I agree it still seems disrespectful. I don't know why, I can't really rationalise it. But it feels that way.
I guess it's more about their intent than any actual harm that it causes.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
25-02-2012, 03:57 AM
(25-02-2012 03:49 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  While all they did was dunk someone else in water while pretending it was her (or something similar from the article), which does absolutely nothing, I agree it still seems disrespectful. I don't know why, I can't really rationalise it. But it feels that way.
I guess it's more about their intent than any actual harm that it causes.

Probably because you are trying to rationalize why it's disrespectful to the dead people. They are dead, it's an insult to the living and those that carry the memory of the dead. Plus, it's using the dead as propoganda. It's trying to change perspective of the way those people are seen, and on top of that promoting themselves through the same act. This action does nothing for the dead, but it does plenty for the living that stay behind.

As far as the non-confirmation. I have no doubt that they did this. They have probably done it to every single famous person that they can think of. However, unless there is something with a little more proof (even who said they did it or something), then they may as well have done it in their own home in privacy. Maybe there is more to the story though... I'll read up on it.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like craniumonempty's post
25-02-2012, 03:47 PM
It may be seen as disrespectful by the living, but it's an act which should be ignored to render it completely meaningless.

In the U.S. they are free to do this, but in the U.S. I am free to mock and ridicule their beliefs and actions. And I do - theirs is one of the silliest religions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2012, 05:45 PM
(25-02-2012 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  It may be seen as disrespectful by the living, but it's an act which should be ignored to render it completely meaningless.

In the U.S. they are free to do this, but in the U.S. I am free to mock and ridicule their beliefs and actions. And I do - theirs is one of the silliest religions.

Agreed. It almost looks KC look sane.
Aw, what the hell am I saying, nothing makes KC look sane.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I agree with all of you. "Baptizing" her doesn't really do anything; she's dead-- you cant, but what matters is the living and the message it sends. No real harm is being done, but damn, come on.
25-02-2012, 06:23 PM
(25-02-2012 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  It may be seen as disrespectful by the living, but it's an act which should be ignored to render it completely meaningless.

I'm not really trying to suggest much else besides mocking and ridicule, but mocking and ridicule aren't strictly ignoring it... just sayin' Tongue

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
25-02-2012, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 10:03 PM by Chas.)
(25-02-2012 06:23 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  

I'm not really trying to suggest much else besides mocking and ridicule, but mocking and ridicule aren't strictly ignoring it... just sayin' Tongue

I meant to ignore this particular act, but mock and ridicule their beliefs. Cool
(25-02-2012 05:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Agreed. It almost looks KC look sane.
Aw, what the hell am I saying, nothing makes KC look sane.

He's sane but delusional. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post