Mormons quit church in mass ceremony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2012, 10:01 AM
RE: Mormons quit church in mass ceremony
(23-07-2012 11:36 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  I never understood religious people and their black-labeling of people, even when I was a kid. Maybe it's just because I was that quiet kid with hand-me-down clothes that was picked on, but I didn't like seeing other people picked on, either and to me that's what it is, it's bullying. "Oh, you don't wanna be in our club? Then you and your family can't talk to us anymore. *snooty upturned nose*" Seems super snobbish in my opinion, and if that's how a religion wants to be then I don't wanna be their friend, either.

The whole club idea is exactly right. That and I think most people are afraid to have their ideas challenged. Most of the "religious" people in my town don't know enough about their religion to defend it. They are only members because it serves them either socially.

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: Mormons quit church in mass ceremony
(25-07-2012 10:01 AM)Spivey May Wrote:  
(23-07-2012 11:36 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  I never understood religious people and their black-labeling of people, even when I was a kid. Maybe it's just because I was that quiet kid with hand-me-down clothes that was picked on, but I didn't like seeing other people picked on, either and to me that's what it is, it's bullying. "Oh, you don't wanna be in our club? Then you and your family can't talk to us anymore. *snooty upturned nose*" Seems super snobbish in my opinion, and if that's how a religion wants to be then I don't wanna be their friend, either.

The whole club idea is exactly right. That and I think most people are afraid to have their ideas challenged. Most of the "religious" people in my town don't know enough about their religion to defend it. They are only members because it serves them either socially.

Yeah, I've noticed that most religious people don't know their book and only parrot the crap their priest tells them. Kinda sad.

I doodle.
A lot.
My cheap commissions.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply