Mormons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Mormons
(29-11-2014 01:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  At first glance I honestly thought the thread title was 'morons'.
Carry on.

I did the same and feared it was a list. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-11-2014, 02:17 PM
I am wearing my magical underwear as we speak!

Why owls need underwear? Because fuck you, that's why! Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
29-11-2014, 03:02 PM
At least they don't have some trillion year old alien in their religion, who took the souls from his world and put them under volcanos in ours and blew them up with atomic bombs.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
29-11-2014, 03:54 PM
(29-11-2014 03:02 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  At least they don't have some trillion year old alien in their religion, who took the souls from his world and put them under volcanos in ours and blew them up with atomic bombs.

From my perspective the issue of which is nuttier between Scientology and Mormonism is just too close to call.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-11-2014, 04:41 PM
(29-11-2014 03:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 03:02 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  At least they don't have some trillion year old alien in their religion, who took the souls from his world and put them under volcanos in ours and blew them up with atomic bombs.

From my perspective the issue of which is nuttier between Scientology and Mormonism is just too close to call.

I think Scientology costs more $.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
29-11-2014, 04:44 PM
(29-11-2014 04:41 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 03:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  From my perspective the issue of which is nuttier between Scientology and Mormonism is just too close to call.

I think Scientology costs more $.

I don't know - how much do multiple wives and scores of children cost these days?

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-11-2014, 06:42 PM
(29-11-2014 08:19 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  One man's family is another man's maffia right? They're a tight knit bunch much like any like minded community but I wouldn't cast many ominous dispersions about them.

(05-08-2014 09:02 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  They just see it as an inevitable consequence of spending eternity living in heaven with God as a role-model.

I would agree with that general assessment. I was born and raised in the mormon church, married in a temple and baptised my children. Church meetings are mostly about dealing with day to day shit and not about discussing all the strange beliefs it comes with. If you happen to go down that road you probably realize that no one else wants to talk about it and you eventually leave the church like I did.

For an in depth examination of mormon origins read Dan Vogel or check out his youtube channel here.

Pretty similar to me in that no one told me about it. Not the church members, not my mom, no one on my moms side (all Mormon and fairly regular temple goers). Only went to the temple for baptism which itself isn't that abnormal so I didn't see all the crazy. Found out about it on the internet and was all, "what the fuck?" I found Mormon Expression to be interesting. It's a podcast of ex-Mormons and sometimes they bring Mormon guests.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
30-11-2014, 03:24 AM
(04-08-2014 10:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  A lot I do not really understand about these greedy and pretentious people.
Apparently they think they will get their own planet or some say an entire "universe" to rule over as their own if they become something called "exalted" or something of the like.

Anywhere I can do more research on this? I know nothing about them really, other than this bit of course.

What does everyone here know about their suppose faith? So far, to me, it seems that their faith is really based on the lust of power and dictatorship than anything else.

My escape from Mormonism was the most important decision of my lifetime. As far as I am concerned, I can never share my opinion regarding it enough, which I am now going to do.

Mormon culture is extremely judgmental, despite doctrinal admonitions of Christian kindness and love. A family worshiping mega-insular culture provides an optimal environment for an "Us Vs. Them" attitude where everyone else is the enemy. Families are divided and destroyed by this social distrust and animosity especially when they include members from multiple religions or are otherwise not a perfect fit for the magical Mormon family fantasy.

Mormonism is explicit in its self declared monopoly on doctrinal correctness, and its ambitions to one day dominate the globe and usher in the second coming of Jesus Christ. It is committed to and eager for the apocalypse and the bowing of the knees of every single unbeliever. It's ultimate goal of a direct divine dictatorship coupled with theocracy for world government is no less sinister for being considered the work of Christ himself rather than the direct task of his followers. In other words, no Mormon will arrive at your home and demand that you convert or die, but they hold no objection to Christ doing exactly that one day, which in their hopes and prayers, will be soon. They participate eagerly in the Christian culture of identifying with the abused minority status of the original Christians, to the absurd and delusional point of blurring the line between the past and their majority status today. These visions of vengeful glee are perhaps the product of a repressed desire to punish those who have scorned and parodied their unorthodox beliefs and practices for so long.

It is perhaps unique in how it taps into nationalistic and overconfident patriotism that America has always in excess, with appeals to a founding history that is Christian, yet also deeply American. How much greater to an American are the glad tidings of great joy when they include the claim that god has chosen to reveal his true word with a modern day American prophet? Tie into this a violent exodus from the United States reminiscent of and actively compared to the Jewish people fleeing Egypt, and you have a recipe for a core group of fundamentalists who revel in calling themselves god's chosen in modern times and who take every opposition to their insular cultish community as a confirmation of their blameless and persecuted status. Even today they omit from their historical instruction the way they tore roughshod over communities all over America, voting in a massive block and exchanging blows and musket balls with those who opposed them. Instead, the children in Mormon Sunday School are treated to a sanitization and sterilization of that history where the Mormons were blameless victims being driven from their homes for peacefully practicing their faith.

As a religion among many anti-sex contemporaries, Mormonism is especially sadistic and venomous in it's sexual prohibitions. It's mad and masochistic declaration that sexual sin is morally akin to that of murder is a combination of the most berserk lunacy and the most ruthless cruelty imaginable. Who can account for suffering imposed on a masturbating youth, or in other words a youth, who is told that they might as well have killed someone in god's eyes? This is coming from the same religion that considers murder an unforgivable crime. It is as good as saying that sexual exploration is at the very cusp of the unforgivable. The whole business is nothing short of abuse.

All of that and I haven't even gotten started yet. More to follow after I get some sleep.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 6 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
30-11-2014, 10:30 PM
[Image: mormon-gods.jpg]

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2014, 12:24 AM
(30-11-2014 03:24 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 10:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  A lot I do not really understand about these greedy and pretentious people.
Apparently they think they will get their own planet or some say an entire "universe" to rule over as their own if they become something called "exalted" or something of the like.

Anywhere I can do more research on this? I know nothing about them really, other than this bit of course.

What does everyone here know about their suppose faith? So far, to me, it seems that their faith is really based on the lust of power and dictatorship than anything else.

My escape from Mormonism was the most important decision of my lifetime. As far as I am concerned, I can never share my opinion regarding it enough, which I am now going to do.

Mormon culture is extremely judgmental, despite doctrinal admonitions of Christian kindness and love. A family worshiping mega-insular culture provides an optimal environment for an "Us Vs. Them" attitude where everyone else is the enemy. Families are divided and destroyed by this social distrust and animosity especially when they include members from multiple religions or are otherwise not a perfect fit for the magical Mormon family fantasy.

Mormonism is explicit in its self declared monopoly on doctrinal correctness, and its ambitions to one day dominate the globe and usher in the second coming of Jesus Christ. It is committed to and eager for the apocalypse and the bowing of the knees of every single unbeliever. It's ultimate goal of a direct divine dictatorship coupled with theocracy for world government is no less sinister for being considered the work of Christ himself rather than the direct task of his followers. In other words, no Mormon will arrive at your home and demand that you convert or die, but they hold no objection to Christ doing exactly that one day, which in their hopes and prayers, will be soon. They participate eagerly in the Christian culture of identifying with the abused minority status of the original Christians, to the absurd and delusional point of blurring the line between the past and their majority status today. These visions of vengeful glee are perhaps the product of a repressed desire to punish those who have scorned and parodied their unorthodox beliefs and practices for so long.

It is perhaps unique in how it taps into nationalistic and overconfident patriotism that America has always in excess, with appeals to a founding history that is Christian, yet also deeply American. How much greater to an American are the glad tidings of great joy when they include the claim that god has chosen to reveal his true word with a modern day American prophet? Tie into this a violent exodus from the United States reminiscent of and actively compared to the Jewish people fleeing Egypt, and you have a recipe for a core group of fundamentalists who revel in calling themselves god's chosen in modern times and who take every opposition to their insular cultish community as a confirmation of their blameless and persecuted status. Even today they omit from their historical instruction the way they tore roughshod over communities all over America, voting in a massive block and exchanging blows and musket balls with those who opposed them. Instead, the children in Mormon Sunday School are treated to a sanitization and sterilization of that history where the Mormons were blameless victims being driven from their homes for peacefully practicing their faith.

As a religion among many anti-sex contemporaries, Mormonism is especially sadistic and venomous in it's sexual prohibitions. It's mad and masochistic declaration that sexual sin is morally akin to that of murder is a combination of the most berserk lunacy and the most ruthless cruelty imaginable. Who can account for suffering imposed on a masturbating youth, or in other words a youth, who is told that they might as well have killed someone in god's eyes? This is coming from the same religion that considers murder an unforgivable crime. It is as good as saying that sexual exploration is at the very cusp of the unforgivable. The whole business is nothing short of abuse.

All of that and I haven't even gotten started yet. More to follow after I get some sleep.

Thanks for pointing out the unabashed arrogance of Mormonism. Some of the men are unbearable. What amazes me is that often in job interviews they'll sneak in something that makes it apparent they are Mormon, and have been on a mission, as though that is a selling point.

I'll admit something I shouldn't, but when I get a resume with BYU on it it's impossible for me to view it neutrally.

My biggest beef with it is the treatment of its women. Go to BYU, meet some arrogant boring sexually repressed fanatic, and spend the rest of your life playing Susie homemaker to him and your seven kids so that he might admit you to his kingdom in the next life. This thing needs to be eradicated.
[+] 2 users Like freetoreason's post