Poll: Are you a morning person or night owl?
Morning Person
Night Owl
Neither
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Morning Person or Night Owl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 02:50 PM
RE: Morning Person or Night Owl
Neither.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Night owl. I don't want to go to bed, and then once you finally get me there kicking and screaming, I don't want to get up. Unless I've already been up for 24+ hours, then I'm going to bed at 7pm! I'm getting in bed now (almost 3 pm) and have to get up for work in 2 hours.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
26-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Used to be a night owl, but now I'm a morning person. My body simply 'wakes' me up early, regardless of what time I go to bed, it seems. I'm a light sleeper. I seem to rise with the sun or an hour and a half before sunrise. I wouldn't mind sleeping an extra couple of hours every morning on days when I'm able to, but I never can.

I'm easy to get out of bed, though. I rise right up and get some caffeine in my body, usually try to do something physical to fully wake up too, and get the body started off on a good note.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
26-01-2016, 03:04 PM
(26-01-2016 02:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Are you a morning person or a night owl (or neither)? I'm a night owl but want to be more of a morning person. For those of you who are morning people--do you have any tips on how you are able to pop out of bed and get shit done in the morning without wanting seventeen cups of coffee? Tongue

I'd say I'd classify as 'both'.

For as long as I can recall, I've always been the sort to stay up late. However, much to the annoyance of my family, I've also always been the sort to get up early as well with little to no start-up time.

This isn't factoring in my recent problem sleeping, of course...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-01-2016, 03:04 PM
I put morning person because that's what I know I am naturally, without life getting in the way. But realistically, with kids and stuff going on in the morning when I'd otherwise be getting started with my own personal agenda, I don't usually have much choice but to get shit done at night after everyone goes to bed. Plus after a lifetime of working jobs where there is no such thing as a schedule and night shifts are just as common as day shifts, I don't really have much choice but to wing it and figure out whether I'm gonna be a morning person or a night owl based on my schedule on any given day.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Hmm I don't enjoy waking up and I don't enjoy staying up late. So neither I guess.

I almost always wake up earlier than I want to. and I can get through the morning just fine. My alarm clock is two rooms away from my bed, so I have to get up and walk for 15 or so seconds to turn it off. Usually at that point the best option is to go to the bathroom. I have a radio in every bathroom in my house, so I turn on the radio. Then I lay back in bed, slightly awake, and listen to the radio until I can muster the resolve to hop in the shower. The struggle is real. I don't drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages (except on special occasion, pop), but generally after a shower I feel like a human being again.

As far as sleeping goes. I have, through years of self training, gotten used to going to bed when I feel tired, as opposed to letting myself get distracted. Without intervention, I would probably crawl into bed at midnight and go to sleep at one. But my fiance always wants me to come to bed at 10 or 9, so sometimes I do that and end up falling asleep at 12 or 12:30.

When I was younger I would stay up till 3 or 4 AM and have trouble sleeping. But now that I remind myself that I will feel SO MUCH BETTER the next day if I just go to bed when I am tired at all it's become less of an issue.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
26-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Usually morning, unless I play warframe or DMO Confused

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
26-01-2016, 03:26 PM
(26-01-2016 02:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Are you a morning person or a night owl (or neither)? I'm a night owl but want to be more of a morning person. For those of you who are morning people--do you have any tips on how you are able to pop out of bed and get shit done in the morning without wanting seventeen cups of coffee? Tongue

Don't hate on the coffee!

Having a kid who got up every morning at 5:30 forced me to master morning-person skills, but none of it would have been possible without my husband, who gets up first and makes the coffee for me.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
26-01-2016, 03:27 PM
(26-01-2016 03:11 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hmm I don't enjoy waking up and I don't enjoy staying up late. So neither I guess.

I almost always wake up earlier than I want to. and I can get through the morning just fine. My alarm clock is two rooms away from my bed, so I have to get up and walk for 15 or so seconds to turn it off. Usually at that point the best option is to go to the bathroom. I have a radio in every bathroom in my house, so I turn on the radio. Then I lay back in bed, slightly awake, and listen to the radio until I can muster the resolve to hop in the shower. The struggle is real. I don't drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages (except on special occasion, pop), but generally after a shower I feel like a human being again.

As far as sleeping goes. I have, through years of self training, gotten used to going to bed when I feel tired, as opposed to letting myself get distracted. Without intervention, I would probably crawl into bed at midnight and go to sleep at one. But my fiance always wants me to come to bed at 10 or 9, so sometimes I do that and end up falling asleep at 12 or 12:30.

When I was younger I would stay up till 3 or 4 AM and have trouble sleeping. But now that I remind myself that I will feel SO MUCH BETTER the next day if I just go to bed when I am tired at all it's become less of an issue.

I usually go to bed at midnight, sometimes 1 am, but I could certainly stay up later if I had zero responsibilities. I'm usually up by 5 AM, but I set my alarm for 4:30 and snooze til 4:45, then just stay in bed til 5 because I need to just kind of "be" before I have to hop out of bed. I throw on my yoga pants/top...then take my dogs go out for a walk, fed, I get my cat fed and a clean catbox, fresh water for all my animals (honestly, I don't know how Noah did it Hobo )

Next, I make coffee, hop on TTA. Then off to yoga class/ then to Peet's to get what I consider a *proper* coffee. Then home, shower, ready for work, then work. But I am soooo tired in the mornings because I am up way too late at night and get up way too early. So I really want to work on fixing my sleep habits. Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-01-2016, 03:28 PM
(26-01-2016 03:26 PM)julep Wrote:  

Don't hate on the coffee!

Having a kid who got up every morning at 5:30 forced me to master morning-person skills, but none of it would have been possible without my husband, who gets up first and makes the coffee for me.

I love coffee! I just wish I could function without a constant caffeine drip Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi