Poll: Are you a morning person or night owl?
Morning Person
Night Owl
Neither
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Morning Person or Night Owl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: Morning Person or Night Owl
I'm more of a night owl I suppose. I like to sit alone at night with a nice glass of whiskey and wind down. Week nights I usually go to bed at about 1.00 - 1.30am . I get up at 6.30am for work.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
26-01-2016, 05:24 PM
I was an extreme night owl for over a decade because I worked third shift on the weekend. Plus, I often stayed up late to write papers in college. However, my new job requires that I wake early, so I don't stay up nearly as late as I used to. My girlfriend punches me if I yawn while we are out late on the weekend.

Edit: I will say that I do my best writing at night. it's as if my mind switches on once the sun goes down. The darker it is the less distractions I have.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
26-01-2016, 05:32 PM
I was born a night owl, but due to work and parenthood I'm forced into morninghood. And yes, I need at least one pot of coffee to myself each morning.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-01-2016, 05:37 PM
I work night shift full time, night owl is literally part of my job description.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-01-2016, 05:42 PM
(26-01-2016 05:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 03:57 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Oh and some tips on falling asleep that have helped me are:

1. Temperature control. Mainly if I'm too hot I can't sleep. I've used damp clothes, damp shirts, heck I've even put my pillow in the freezer and mad ice packs out of ziplock bags. Another trick is to stick your foot out from the blanket, or keeping your hands out from the blanket.

2. hydration. This can also help cool you down. But being hydrated just makes your body feel better in general, which helps me sleep at least. Same with being well fed. Going to bed hungry can be difficult.

3. Exercise: I find that I can fall asleep easier on days that I've used my body.

4. Light control. I had an issue for a while with light waking me up in the morning. Getting good curtains that block the light, or using a mask (I've even tied a T-shirt around my head) can be helpful.

5. Routine. Probably the most important thing for me has been to habitually sleep and wake up around the same time most days. Also, having your own set of night time rituals to switch to sleeping mode helps.

6. Everyone knows this one, but don't lounge in your bed. I use my couches and recliners for relaxation. I neverrrr relax in bed unless I havn't got up for the day or I am planning on falling asleep. Basically between 10AM and 10PM the bed does not get touched.

7. Goes with 6, but not using electronics in bed is recommended, but I've been doing it my whole life. I've found not lounging in bed to be more important. Still to this day, part of my routine before I sleep is an episode or two of anime.

8. Have sex. Thumbsup

Hope it helps somebody Smile.

Sex wakes a lot of women up. Men go right off to sleep but some women can't sleep, get up and prepare for the next days work, looking over reports and appointments. Yes, women get up after sex, after the guy is totally asleep and take a shower, do the laundry, organize stuff, feed the cat and generally pitter-patter around doing this and that until they finally get sleepy. Men don't know this is going on but women get a lot of stuff done after sex.

I wish I was like that, I usually get sleepy after.
26-01-2016, 10:27 PM
I used to be a morning person. It worked great for me getting up at oh-dark-hundred to make my 47 mile commute to work. But since I retired, I try and do my best to wake up with the sun. If it's cloudy, I wake up that much later. Some days, one of the little mutts barks at another, which kind of ruins it, but I've been getting a lot of sleep, and really enjoying it.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-01-2016, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2016 10:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I'm both. I like getting up early, and staying up late once in a while.
Naps are my friend.
My dog makes me get up and take him out, if I am not awake already.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-01-2016, 11:23 PM
(ruffles feathers and makes hooting noises) Night owl since I was very, very young, and "can't settle down to fall asleep" / daydreaming insomnia for most of the intervening years.

I was enrolled in a cognitive behaviour therapy insomnia program a few years ago. By keeping a log of the times that I would naturally awaken, I discovered that I don't generally do 8 hours of sleep even when I have the opportunity to sleep in; it's more like 6 - 6½ hours.

If I get less than 5 hours (not uncommon if I'm staying up late, causing trouble on the Internet) then I tend to be a bit wobbly in the morning. I get to the office for 8 a.m., but if I under-slept I fluctuate between forced concentration and an almost trance-like state till about 11:00.

That said, I've made some improvements. I have an application (f.lux) for the computer monitor that reduces the amount of blue light after local sunset. Bedroom drapes have been upgraded to blackout curtains. No screens or books in the bedroom. Still have to work harder at caffeine avoidance, and actually get to bed at a sensible hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
27-01-2016, 12:22 AM
I was a night owl through college then, in 1972, I went into the Army. I became a morning person and no matter what time I go to bed, I'm up by 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. in the summer. It's 11:20 p.m. here now and I'm so tired I'm goofy. I'm having a little bout of pain that is keeping me awake though. For many years, I couldn't sleep later than 4:00 a.m.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
27-01-2016, 01:01 AM
(27-01-2016 12:22 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I was a night owl through college then, in 1972, I went into the Army. I became a morning person and no matter what time I go to bed, I'm up by 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. in the summer. It's 11:20 p.m. here now and I'm so tired I'm goofy. I'm having a little bout of pain that is keeping me awake though. For many years, I couldn't sleep later than 4:00 a.m.

I hope you feel better so you can sleep. Hug