Poll: Are you a morning person or night owl?
Morning Person
Night Owl
Neither
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Morning Person or Night Owl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2016, 03:51 AM
RE: Morning Person or Night Owl
Definitely a night owl. Waking up in the morning is just torture for me. I also need to sleep a lot. At least 9 hours to feel rested, but I usually go for 10. I'm about to have my breakfast now at noon.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
28-01-2016, 12:02 PM
I prefer to stay up late because that's when all the fun stuff happens. However, once it is time to get up (after 7-8 hours sleep) I am up and at it. I do not like to drag around for an hour or two and I require mental and physical stimulation, usually in the form of singing and showering, to ensure that I get going quickly. As a result, most everyone else in my house hates mornings and the singing that accompanies it. My favorites are "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" and the US National Anthem, though I am also fond of "The Toreador Song" from Carmen or "Dio, che nell'alma infondere" from Don Carlos. However, the latter two usually cross the line in volume and annoyance and often result in a temporary revocation of singing privileges.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
28-01-2016, 12:18 PM
(28-01-2016 12:02 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I prefer to stay up late because that's when all the fun stuff happens. However, once it is time to get up (after 7-8 hours sleep) I am up and at it. I do not like to drag around for an hour or two and I require mental and physical stimulation, usually in the form of singing and showering, to ensure that I get going quickly. As a result, most everyone else in my house hates mornings and the singing that accompanies it. My favorites are "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" and the US National Anthem, though I am also fond of "The Toreador Song" from Carmen or "Dio, che nell'alma infondere" from Don Carlos. However, the latter two usually cross the line in volume and annoyance and often result in a temporary revocation of singing privileges.

Well of course, you realize now you are going to have to post a video of you doing this. Tongue Laugh out load
28-01-2016, 03:17 PM
(28-01-2016 12:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 12:02 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I prefer to stay up late because that's when all the fun stuff happens. However, once it is time to get up (after 7-8 hours sleep) I am up and at it. I do not like to drag around for an hour or two and I require mental and physical stimulation, usually in the form of singing and showering, to ensure that I get going quickly. As a result, most everyone else in my house hates mornings and the singing that accompanies it. My favorites are "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" and the US National Anthem, though I am also fond of "The Toreador Song" from Carmen or "Dio, che nell'alma infondere" from Don Carlos. However, the latter two usually cross the line in volume and annoyance and often result in a temporary revocation of singing privileges.

Well of course, you realize now you are going to have to post a video of you doing this. Tongue Laugh out load

Here you go!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
28-01-2016, 03:55 PM
As a professional armchair psychologist I find it interested that you gave the people who 'come alive at night' the title "Night Owl", but the the 'morning folks' didn't get called "Early Bird". The night people are being de-humanized, I tell you!

That being said I am NOT a morning person. I'm angry, and bitter until I've been awake for a couple of hours. I could happily work the graveyard shift at a job indefinately so long as it's not a boring job, and I had access to decent food at 3 AM. Since I can't do those things, I wake up really early and just zombie about from about 6 to 8.

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
28-01-2016, 04:07 PM
(28-01-2016 03:55 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  As a professional armchair psychologist I find it interested that you gave the people who 'come alive at night' the title "Night Owl", but the the 'morning folks' didn't get called "Early Bird". The night people are being de-humanized, I tell you!

That being said I am NOT a morning person. I'm angry, and bitter until I've been awake for a couple of hours. I could happily work the graveyard shift at a job indefinately so long as it's not a boring job, and I had access to decent food at 3 AM. Since I can't do those things, I wake up really early and just zombie about from about 6 to 8.

I'm a night owl too Tongue So I must have subconsciously dehumanized myself while aspiring to be a morning person. Big Grin I also made the poll when I was Sleepy zzzz so you don't get full Jenny in that mode. Hobo
28-01-2016, 04:09 PM
I was quite content with night shift, until I developed a nerve disorder, became Vitamin D deficient and convinced I was dying. Sunshine ever since... Literally need it or I become a twitchy mess of cramps and excruciating pains.
28-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority again. Democrat, atheist, and a morning person! God forbid. Opps!!!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
28-01-2016, 04:13 PM
(28-01-2016 04:09 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I was quite content with night shift, until I developed a nerve disorder, became Vitamin D deficient and convinced I was dying. Sunshine ever since... Literally need it or I become a twitchy mess of cramps and excruciating pains.

Hope you're doing better now Hug
28-01-2016, 04:21 PM
(28-01-2016 03:55 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  As a professional armchair psychologist I find it interested that you gave the people who 'come alive at night' the title "Night Owl", but the the 'morning folks' didn't get called "Early Bird". The night people are being de-humanized, I tell you!

I think it's the other way round. Night owl sound cool and daring almost super hero like. Morning person is basic, boring, and faceless. Like a gray goo.