Poll: Are you a morning person or night owl?
Morning Person
Night Owl
Neither
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Morning Person or Night Owl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: Morning Person or Night Owl
(28-01-2016 04:21 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 03:55 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  As a professional armchair psychologist I find it interested that you gave the people who 'come alive at night' the title "Night Owl", but the the 'morning folks' didn't get called "Early Bird". The night people are being de-humanized, I tell you!

That being said I am NOT a morning person. I'm angry, and bitter until I've been awake for a couple of hours. I could happily work the graveyard shift at a job indefinately so long as it's not a boring job, and I had access to decent food at 3 AM. Since I can't do those things, I wake up really early and just zombie about from about 6 to 8.
I think it's the other way round. Night owl sound cool and daring almost super hero like. Morning person is basic, boring, and faceless. Like a gray goo.

Hmmm, so we need a super hero name for morning people then. How about the AM Flash or The Sun Avengers? I dunno I suck at this Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2016, 04:27 PM
(28-01-2016 04:23 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 04:21 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I think it's the other way round. Night owl sound cool and daring almost super hero like. Morning person is basic, boring, and faceless. Like a gray goo.

Hmmm, so we need a super hero name for morning people then. How about the AM Flash or The Sun Avengers? I dunno I suck at this Laugh out load
I think I prefer: I dunno I suck at this. It has a nice ring to it. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
28-01-2016, 04:52 PM
(28-01-2016 04:27 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 04:23 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hmmm, so we need a super hero name for morning people then. How about the AM Flash or The Sun Avengers? I dunno I suck at this Laugh out load
I think I prefer: I dunno I suck at this. It has a nice ring to it. (^_^)

Laugh out load Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-01-2016, 09:26 PM
(28-01-2016 04:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 04:09 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I was quite content with night shift, until I developed a nerve disorder, became Vitamin D deficient and convinced I was dying. Sunshine ever since... Literally need it or I become a twitchy mess of cramps and excruciating pains.

Hope you're doing better now Hug

I still get between 30 and 100 twitches a minute, but they are just minor fasciculations (small sections of the muscle) and not the entire muscle. They happen all over my body all the time... But I haven't had many cramps in the last year or so.

Used to be really bad, to the point that I couldn't climb the stairs to bed, or eat a meal without my face painfully locking up. And I'd wake up in the night with my quads just twitching out like crazy and shaking the bed. Glad I got it under control.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
28-01-2016, 09:35 PM
(28-01-2016 09:26 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 04:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hope you're doing better now Hug

I still get between 30 and 100 twitches a minute, but they are just minor fasciculations (small sections of the muscle) and not the entire muscle. They happen all over my body all the time... But I haven't had many cramps in the last year or so.

Used to be really bad, to the point that I couldn't climb the stairs to bed, or eat a meal without my face painfully locking up. And I'd wake up in the night with my quads just twitching out like crazy and shaking the bed. Glad I got it under control.

That sounds very painful. I'm glad you are doing better!

28-01-2016, 09:57 PM
(28-01-2016 09:26 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 04:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hope you're doing better now Hug

You probably have, but I'm going to ask anyway: have you ever tried magnesium supplementation (specifically chelated magnesium) in the past? I was actually going to start a thread about it sometime, but haven't had the particular motivation. Life can be a bitch, no doubt.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
29-01-2016, 09:00 AM
(28-01-2016 09:57 PM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 09:26 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I still get between 30 and 100 twitches a minute, but they are just minor fasciculations (small sections of the muscle) and not the entire muscle. They happen all over my body all the time... But I haven't had many cramps in the last year or so.

You probably have, but I'm going to ask anyway: have you ever tried magnesium supplementation (specifically chelated magnesium) in the past? I was actually going to start a thread about it sometime, but haven't had the particular motivation. Life can be a bitch, no doubt.

Yeah I take VitD and Magnesium daily. Only things that help
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Why does the night only get the cool animal description. Can it be a morning doe? (I guess the normies describe it at being a Owl or a Lark) that seems dull, just another bird.

Really I'm more a between dusk & dawn person, that is my prime time of existing. I am seeing it is called crepuscular.

So I label myself a Crepuscular Ocelot. Big Grin

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-01-2016, 09:13 AM
(29-01-2016 09:08 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why does the night only get the cool animal description. Can it be a morning doe? (I guess the normies describe it at being a Owl or a Lark) that seems dull, just another bird.

Really I'm more a between dusk & dawn person, that is my prime time of existing. I am seeing it is called crepuscular.

If I knew how to change the poll, I would change Neither to Crepuscular Ocelot Big Grin

29-01-2016, 09:26 AM
(29-01-2016 09:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 09:08 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why does the night only get the cool animal description. Can it be a morning doe? (I guess the normies describe it at being a Owl or a Lark) that seems dull, just another bird.

If I knew how to change the poll, I would change Neither to Crepuscular Ocelot Big Grin

Ooh! That's a good one. I want to change my answer to that.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post