Morning all, I'm a newbie!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Hey guys, I'm Chelsea [emoji1]

I stumbled upon this place when searching for a forum where I could share & expand upon some of the theories I've been blogging about, concerning Buddhism & spirituality.

I began my blog in January with the initial intention of sharing my cancer journey & outlining how/why it guided it me to the spiritual awakening that it did, but it's taken on a life of it's own & become a real outlet for a lot of other elaborate idea's concerning faith.

So if any of you lovely beings have some time on your hands to read through some of my blog posts, I'd really like to hear your insight on my theories. Hopefully we can bring together a discussion between like minded people about what I believe are essential issues in our society today.

thechelseaaffect.wordpress.com

Wishing you all happiness & health [emoji823][Image: bd390f02bc2087ceee1db9be12e262f4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2015, 02:29 AM
RE: Morning all, I'm a newbie!
(19-04-2015 02:12 AM)chelsea-gem Wrote:  Hey guys, I'm Chelsea [emoji1]

I stumbled upon this place when searching for a forum where I could share & expand upon some of the theories I've been blogging about, concerning Buddhism & spirituality.

I began my blog in January with the initial intention of sharing my cancer journey & outlining how/why it guided it me to the spiritual awakening that it did, but it's taken on a life of it's own & become a real outlet for a lot of other elaborate idea's concerning faith.

So if any of you lovely beings have some time on your hands to read through some of my blog posts, I'd really like to hear your insight on my theories. Hopefully we can bring together a discussion between like minded people about what I believe are essential issues in our society today.

Wishing you all happiness & health [emoji823][Image: bd390f02bc2087ceee1db9be12e262f4.jpg]

First off, welcome to the forum.

Second off, most of the people here are also skeptics and consider Deppak Choprak and his New Age ilk as nothing more than woo pushing charlatans. Karma, chakras, and spirit energy occupy the same category of unsubstantiated claims shared by deities and religious traditions.

Third off, be careful in your use of the word 'theory'. We know what that word actually means, and hold it to the scientific standard; rather than the more lax, often misrepresented, and easily exploited colloquial one.

So best of luck in your endeavors, but I sincerely hope you're not looking for an echo chamber that will agree with you; because I can almost guarantee that's not what you'll find here. But if you don't mind being challenged, you might learn something.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'm certainly hoping to have some more ideas presented to me as I hope it can inform me on my path & gives me some new material to decipher on my blog.
19-04-2015, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2015 02:52 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-04-2015 02:37 AM)chelsea-gem Wrote:  Thanks for the heads up! I'm certainly hoping to have some more ideas presented to me as I hope it can inform me on my path & gives me some new material to decipher on my blog.

If you have honest questions, there are more than a few here who would be happy to supply honest answers to the best of their abilities, or at least point you in the direction of how or where to find an answer. Also keep in mind that "I don't know" is an acceptable answer, and more intellectually honest than pretending you do know something that you cannot show is demonstrably true. On the whole we're huge fans of both evidence and the scientific method, because they have a proven track record with being the best means available to us for determining what is factually true.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
19-04-2015, 02:57 AM
Welcome to TTA. I quickly scanned a few entries on your blog.

I have to 2nd EK's post and want you to know that we don't restrain people from being assholes here.

with that said, TTA is open for everyone, atheist, theist, woo-shippers and everyone in between. I hope you jump right into things.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
19-04-2015, 03:00 AM
(19-04-2015 02:57 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I have to 2nd EK's post and want you to know that we don't restrain people from being assholes here.

Don't scare her away too fast... Tongue

19-04-2015, 03:10 AM
(19-04-2015 03:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-04-2015 02:57 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I have to 2nd EK's post and want you to know that we don't restrain people from being assholes here.

Don't scare her away too fast... Tongue

hehhee. I would rather know before hand, rather than after. I consider the warning a kindness, especially when the first post is discussing miracles.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
19-04-2015, 03:14 AM
(19-04-2015 03:10 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  hehhee. I would rather know before hand, rather than after. I consider the warning a kindness, especially when the first post is discussing miracles.

Fair point.

19-04-2015, 05:59 AM
The only miracle I know of ---

[Image: 02649CF.GIF]

And I'm skeptical of IT....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
19-04-2015, 08:51 AM
(19-04-2015 02:12 AM)chelsea-gem Wrote:  Hey guys, I'm Chelsea [emoji1]

Welcome, glad you found our little piece of the web. I think if you stick around you will be surprised by the diverse background of our members, and a lot of us de-converted from one form of faith or another, many tried multiple before accepting it is all fabricated BS. The important thing is you are on a journey, a journey down the path seeking knowledge and truth. That shows you have an open mind and tons of questions of the WHY and HOW of life. Questions that many have, the difference in you is you seem to be willing to seek out the answers....be willing to accept we may never know the answers to these big questions.

Becareful along your trip, there are many out there in the cold cruel world who literally live to trick those seeking answers into buying into their delusion. Education is the key...where did these various philosophies come from, what are they based on, is there evidence to support them, who were the founder/s and what was their agenda...read...research...think..and continue to evolve. Using epistemological methodology as a tool to reason your way through various schools of thought can be helpful, blindly jumping in because it appeals to your emotions is dangerous, that is how they get you...religion is sold on hope and fear, and as such, is relatively successful in convincing otherwise intelligent people to "believe" the most outrageous things...because they didn't research, and apply reason and logic before committing. Good luck on your journey and may it be long, introspective, and enlightening.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)