Moron Mitch McConnell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Moron Mitch McConnell
Here is the perfect example of why I absolutely despise the Republican Party and would absolutely be giddy with delight if Mitch McConnell caught a flesh-eating disease and died in a slow painful way.

So, the wounds of 9/11 understandably still run deep in America and victims and their families are still looking for justice in the form of holding specific people or countries responsible. So Congress, in its infinite wisdom, decided to write up and pass this bill that essentially allows American citizens to sue countries that they feel aided in any terrorism attack on Americans.

Well, President Obama notified those in charge of this bill and explained to them that there could be serious inadvertent consequences against our citizens, given that we invade other countries pretty much every day. There's more to it, but basically he told them not to pass it, to go back to the drawing board and come up with something that makes sense and doesn't just avoid looking like politicians who couldn't vote against something as delicate as legislation that would go against the wishes of 9/11 victims.

They changed nothing and passed it in an election year. Obama, using rational thought and not pandering to voters, vetoed the bill because it was the right thing to do. He was actually protecting us and especially our military. So, in their infinite wisdom, Congress overrides the president and passes the law again.

As fucking stupid as that was, it's not the part that has me dreaming of McConnell's corpse hanging from his nutsack in the middle of the desert. So, after the revote to pass the bill to try to embarrass Obama, they take a closer look at the fucking law they drew up and passed and realize their horrible mistake. They realize they have now just put every soldier and military leader in line for being brought up on charges or named in punitive lawsuits in foreign courts.

So, what does McConnell do? He goes in front of the reporter pool on national TV and says he hates to blame Obama for everything but he wishes the president had told them of the consequences of this law and that he wishes Obama had brought it up sooner than a week ago.

Obama DID warn them long before it was put to a vote and he wrote a carefully worded memo laying out these ramifications. He also made it clear again when he vetoed it and again told them why. And when is it HIS responsibility to tell them about law? They wrote the fucking bill!!!! And then they passed it anyway! While plenty of Dems voted for this, it was what happened afterward with the unbelievable blaming of Obama that came from the Republican assholes.

Mitch McConnell and all of his Republican sycophants should rot in the hell we all know doesn't exist.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like WillHopp's post
30-09-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Moron Mitch McConnell
Here: http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/the-go...6992323747

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
30-09-2016, 11:22 PM
(30-09-2016 10:26 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  They wrote the fucking bill!!!! And then they passed it anyway!

Obama should have stopped them from writing the bill, he should have known that the Repubican congressmen were dense and could not understand their own actions, he should have put them all in a padded room for their own good until the urge to write the bill wore off. But did he? No! He let them go about their business and now look!

Obama’s fault without question. [Image: qDzFdjp.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
01-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Thanks, Obama! Thanks for doing NOTHING!

... what? I mean it. Sorry if it sounded sarcastic.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
01-10-2016, 08:40 AM
thread title has a nice ring to it. he has been a scourge for years now.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
01-10-2016, 01:42 PM
WillHopp, I couldn't agree more. McConnell has dogged Obama from the beginning. He has done everything he could to stand in Obama's way in hopes that Obama would fail miserably. Honestly, I think that was the purpose of passing this and then seeing the "mistake" and blaming Obama. Plus, it's an election year so there's that too.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
01-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Will, Will, Will .. You know that the capacity for foresight relies upon a functioning prefrontal cortex, something McConnell shows no evidence of possessing.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Quote:Here is the perfect example of why I absolutely despise the Republican Party and would absolutely be giddy with delight if Mitch McConnell caught a flesh-eating disease and died in a slow painful way.

While I share your sentiments I do feel compelled to point out that the bill passed 97-1 in the fucking senate which means it wasn't just McConnell who was a flaming asshole.... although he is their king. The democrats shamed themselves too.

I think if I were Obama I would tell them all to go fuck themselves.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
01-10-2016, 09:41 PM
(01-10-2016 08:50 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Here is the perfect example of why I absolutely despise the Republican Party and would absolutely be giddy with delight if Mitch McConnell caught a flesh-eating disease and died in a slow painful way.

While I share your sentiments I do feel compelled to point out that the bill passed 97-1 in the fucking senate which means it wasn't just McConnell who was a flaming asshole.... although he is their king. The democrats shamed themselves too.

I think if I were Obama I would tell them all to go fuck themselves.

And I'M compelled to point out that in my post I made more than one clear reference that all of Congress made the mistake of creating and passing this law and then overriding his veto.

But it was the asshole and his cohorts who were blaming Obama after they made the grave error. That's why the post is centered around McConnell, the fucking moron who actually went on TV and said it was Obama's fault that they fucked up. Watch the link.

----
01-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Bitch McConnell is but one asshole in a veritable sea of assholes.

I absolutely despise almost ALL of our esteemed Laughat members of Congress. They get fat and rich on our dime, do absolutely nothing helpful or useful to anyone but themselves, and have the major, major cojones to tell us we're dreaming when it comes to providing services they already (and thoroughly) enjoy to every citizen. I only have one thing to say to them: What have you done for me lately?

Obama wasn't absolutely terrible, I'll admit. I would have liked for him to be more progressive and proactive. I didn't like how he handled the Wall Street bail out. They should have let the banks fail while providing debt relief to their victims. He could have used the FED to cancel their debt.

But of course it wasn't all his fault, he had a Congress full of power-hungry, greedy scumfucks to obstruct any potentially good thing he could have done. While trying to push through their own fucked up schemes. And of course the dems were all total pussies because they know they're just as corrupt as the repubs. What could they really say?

Inept, inefficient, immoral, and inexcusable.

Can't we do better than this?
[+] 2 users Like Grimm's post