Morrowind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Morrowind
So I've just started playing Morrowind (with graphics overhaul), and it just doesn't seem as good as Oblivion or Skyrim. I am a huge fan of these games, and Morrowind is so praised it seems like a bit of a letdown. Maybe I just haven't gotten far enough yet?

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Morrowind
That's cuz you're playing it wrong.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
09-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(09-08-2014 12:37 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  That's cuz you're playing it wrong.

How so?

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

09-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Watch the video and you'll know.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
09-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Re: Morrowind
Depends on what you value.

If you like the games for "combat" you aren't going to enjoy Morrowind as well. Atmosphere(settings vary more) and magical freedom is greater in Morrowind

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-08-2014, 01:42 PM
(09-08-2014 01:37 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Depends on what you value.

If you like the games for "combat" you aren't going to enjoy Morrowind as well. Atmosphere(settings vary more) and magical freedom is greater in Morrowind

One of the things I really don't like is how everyone has the same dialogue. People feel boring, hollow and unrealistic compared to Skyrim and Oblivion.

The environments I would have to agree are really good.

09-08-2014, 01:51 PM
(09-08-2014 01:42 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 01:37 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Depends on what you value.

One of the things I really don't like is how everyone has the same dialogue. People feel boring, hollow and unrealistic compared to Skyrim and Oblivion.

The environments I would have to agree are really good.

That is programing limitations, remember this game was designed a rather long time ago (was on the original X-box) Oblivion was a major upgrade to AI scripts.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Morrowind is great because when you get your hands on enchanting is also when everything is obliterated by giant magical explosions and you get iron daggers that can wipe out cities. Also there's a lot quality mods. Go crazy with those.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
10-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Morrowind might be my favorite game of all time.

Like ClydeLee pointed out, the combat system leaves a lot to be desired, but I loved the story. I have to admit, I even get a little choked up when I here the theme song too.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post