Mortal Kombat X

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2014, 07:49 AM
RE: Mortal Kombat X
I actually love them! It is my experience that people who dislike them, tend to suck at them! ... Muffs... Big Grin

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 12:12 AM
(09-06-2014 07:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 03:02 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Fighting games are more than just fighting. They're a demonstration of dedication to technical mastery.

Not all of them.

[Image: Kabuki_Warriors_Coverart.png]

From the Wiki...

Game Informer gave the game a .5, with the comment by editor Andy McNamara, "I literally won a match just bashing the controller against my ass. I wish I was joking, but the score is seriously Kabuki Warriors zero, my ass one."

I'm more of a Tekken fan myself. Never heard of Kabuki. Doesn't look appealing either.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
10-06-2014, 04:28 AM
(09-06-2014 07:49 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I actually love them! It is my experience that people who dislike them, tend to suck at them! ... Muffs... Big Grin

step 1: Mash X
step 2: ???
step 3: Profit

Fighting games are in the same category as sports games as far as I'm concerned.
Only played by dimwitted assholes who lift weights all day, only wear singlets and have the ugliest faces you've ever seen (y'all know the type I'm referring too) who only play fighting and sports games yet consider themselves "gamers" and wouldn't know an actual game if it stuck a hand up out of the ground and fiddled with their tiny shriveled steroid ruined balls.

They're all effectively the same game with next to zero innovation since the original Street Fighter. left + A to punch etc.. The stories suck. The graphics are sub-par, including this Mortal Kombat (they spelt combat wrong), despite the game being a couple arenas and several character models. I've literally seen vast open worlds with better graphics. It's incredibly repetitive. Multiplayer is always broken filled with people abusing glitches/bugs/cheap tactics that never get fixed.
No matter how good you are you'll be beaten by someone who mashes crouch punch.

It's the single worst genre in gaming.

edit: Oh, and the sounds are shit.
edit 2: The only good thing about fighting games is that they tend to have great trailers.
10-06-2014, 04:34 AM
(10-06-2014 04:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 07:49 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I actually love them! It is my experience that people who dislike them, tend to suck at them! ... Muffs... Big Grin

Fighting games are in the same category as sports games as far as I'm concerned.
Only played by dimwitted assholes who lift weights all day, only wear singlets and have the ugliest faces you've ever seen (y'all know the type I'm referring too) who only play fighting and sports games yet consider themselves "gamers" and wouldn't know an actual game if it stuck a hand up out of the ground and fiddled with their tiny shriveled steroid ruined balls.

They're all effectively the same game with next to zero innovation since the original Street Fighter. left + A to punch etc.. The stories suck. The graphics are sub-par, including this Mortal Kombat (they spelt combat wrong), despite the game being a couple arenas and several character models. I've literally seen vast open worlds with better graphics. It's incredibly repetitive. Multiplayer is always broken filled with people abusing glitches/bugs/cheap tactics that never get fixed.

edit 2: The only good thing about fighting games is that they tend to have great trailers.

We all have our opinions muffs, some more right than others.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-06-2014, 04:41 AM
As of late, I have been wanting to see MK9's Xray system in a number of other games that don't already have it.

Skullgirls's Cerebella's Ultimate Showstopper? Nice Xray of Valentine's neck snapping before an inside look at impaled rib-cage.

Why is my mind drawing a blank after this I literally had like 2 more examples that weren't just Sniper Elite V2's xray system in gun games.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
10-06-2014, 09:34 AM
(10-06-2014 04:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Streetfighter is the daddy! You can't mash to win! ... I lift weights and have an ugly face mate, so I may unwiitingly prove your demographic theory! Further more, if I am unwitting, it proves I am stupid! Hahaha.

I agree that the story lines are shit. The genre doesn't lend itself to plot lines. People always fight for the lamest reason. ... Where fighting games shine is in an old school setting. 2 pads, 1 console and a few mates round! That's a good fighting games fortê!

As for other sports games, I don't play any. FIFA is ok I suppose but not worth the money and like many games aimed at the lowest common denominator, it's riddled with micro transactions and is blatantly pay to win. That bugs me about that aspect of the gaming world! :-)

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
10-06-2014, 12:12 PM
(10-06-2014 04:41 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  As of late, I have been wanting to see MK9's Xray system in a number of other games that don't already have it.

Skullgirls's Cerebella's Ultimate Showstopper? Nice Xray of Valentine's neck snapping before an inside look at impaled rib-cage.

Why is my mind drawing a blank after this I literally had like 2 more examples that weren't just Sniper Elite V2's xray system in gun games.

Skull girls with x-ray would be stupid, it is not that gory to begin with.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-06-2014, 12:18 PM
(10-06-2014 12:12 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 04:41 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  As of late, I have been wanting to see MK9's Xray system in a number of other games that don't already have it.

Skull girls with x-ray would be stupid, it is not that gory to begin with.

I never said it should be a feature, I just want to see Mortal Kombat's gore in a number of other games.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
10-06-2014, 12:21 PM
(10-06-2014 12:18 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 12:12 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Skull girls with x-ray would be stupid, it is not that gory to begin with.

I never said it should be a feature, I just want to see Mortal Kombat's gore in a number of other games.

Maybe games like killer instinct and gears of war would it be good.

10-06-2014, 02:22 PM
(10-06-2014 12:21 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 12:18 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I never said it should be a feature, I just want to see Mortal Kombat's gore in a number of other games.

Maybe games like killer instinct and gears of war would it be good.

Baby Mario! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post