Moses founding father of constitution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Moses founding father of constitution?
Anyone know if this was repealed or taken away? Or are children with impressionable young minds reading this and learning it as a historical fact as of right now?

http://www.alternet.org/education/texas-...ing-father

Quote:The Texas Education Agency posted scores of pages of publisher comments and textbook revisions after the last public hearing on Tuesday. Miller said scholars did not have an opportunity to review and comment on the numerous changes publishers have submitted since the last public hearing on Tuesday. Some of those changes appeared to have been negotiated with state board members behind closed doors.

During a months-long process, publishers made a number of improvements to their textbooks. Those improvements included removing inaccurate information promoting climate change denialism; deleting offensive cartoons comparing beneficiaries of affirmative action to space aliens; making clearer that slavery was the primary cause of the Civil War; and revising passages that had promoted unfair negative stereotypes of Muslims. Scholars and the general public had ample opportunity to review and comment on those revisions.

ok ok! This is reallyl good. I really like this idea Lets read MOAR! Yay learning!

Quote:However, the new textbooks also include passages that suggest Moses influenced the writing of the Constitution and that the roots of democracy can be found in the Old Testament.

...umm....e-XCUAS MEEE!!!! ShockingAngryFacepalmWeeping

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Moses founding father of constitution?
(24-04-2015 05:40 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
Quote:However, the new textbooks also include passages that suggest Moses influenced the writing of the Constitution and that the roots of democracy can be found in the Old Testament.

Anyone who cannot compare the 10 Commandments and the Bill of Rights and understand that they're diametrically opposed, should never be trusted with public office. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-04-2015, 10:50 PM
(24-04-2015 05:40 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Anyone know if this was repealed or taken away? Or are children with impressionable young minds reading this and learning it as a historical fact as of right now?

http://www.alternet.org/education/texas-...ing-father

Quote:The Texas Education Agency posted scores of pages of publisher comments and textbook revisions after the last public hearing on Tuesday. Miller said scholars did not have an opportunity to review and comment on the numerous changes publishers have submitted since the last public hearing on Tuesday. Some of those changes appeared to have been negotiated with state board members behind closed doors.

During a months-long process, publishers made a number of improvements to their textbooks. Those improvements included removing inaccurate information promoting climate change denialism; deleting offensive cartoons comparing beneficiaries of affirmative action to space aliens; making clearer that slavery was the primary cause of the Civil War; and revising passages that had promoted unfair negative stereotypes of Muslims. Scholars and the general public had ample opportunity to review and comment on those revisions.

ok ok! This is reallyl good. I really like this idea Lets read MOAR! Yay learning!

That's as good as my state adopting the Bible as the "State Book".

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/pol.../25811959/

Why did I move here again? Gasp
[+] 2 users Like Dusky's post
25-04-2015, 12:14 AM
There is nothing quite as stupid as Texas.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
25-04-2015, 12:32 AM
What have you got against Moses Madison?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-04-2015, 05:53 AM
(24-04-2015 09:37 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Anyone who cannot compare the 10 Commandments and the Bill of Rights and understand that they're diametrically opposed, should never be trusted with public office. Dodgy

Case in point, take it away Steve.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-04-2015, 11:44 AM
(25-04-2015 05:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 09:37 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Anyone who cannot compare the 10 Commandments and the Bill of Rights and understand that they're diametrically opposed, should never be trusted with public office. Dodgy

Case in point, take it away Steve.

I get the feeling that he is not actually talking to anyone. The background looks kinda fake and its too quite.

25-04-2015, 12:15 PM
(25-04-2015 11:44 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I get the feeling that he is not actually talking to anyone. The background looks kinda fake and its too quite.

25-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Also, AronRa, because why the fuck not?

25-04-2015, 09:34 PM
How can Christians not see the difference between the first amendment and the first commandment?