Mosque Attacked in Canada - 6 dead, 17 wounded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: Mosque Attacked in Canada - 6 dead, 17 wounded
(30-01-2017 10:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  So all the stuff we heard yesterday about this most likely being white christians motivated by Trump and anti-muslim hatred turns out to be untrue?

Dude, you really have missed the memo, haven't you?

ALL hatred is motivated by Trump ... from now on.

I'm sure there were some French aristocrats who were very nice people just trapped in the economic system of the time.

That's how revolutions work... the oppressed rise up against an identifiable oppressor.

If they don't reform, they die. Karl Marx 101.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
30-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Police are now saying that the attack was perpetrated by one person, Alexandre Bissonnette, and the second person arrested (of Moroccan descent) was a witness.

I don't know if Alexandre Bissonnette is/was a christian, but his name is as pure-laine Quebecois as they come.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
30-01-2017, 01:32 PM
(30-01-2017 01:00 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Police are now saying that the attack was perpetrated by one person, Alexandre Bissonnette, and the second person arrested (of Moroccan descent) was a witness.

I don't know if Alexandre Bissonnette is/was a christian, but his name is as pure-laine Quebecois as they come.

Here is a link to some pictures of Alexandre.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...ho-9722588

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
30-01-2017, 02:07 PM
What was Bisonnette's motive?
30-01-2017, 03:48 PM
No motive has been ascribed, yet.
Because in Canada, the media generally sticks to a "just the facts, ma'am" approach until more is known.
We're old-fashioned that way Tongue

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
30-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Some tidbits from his facebook page. Nothing to see here, if I may.

[Image: C3bakq3XAAIhQ32.jpg]

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
30-01-2017, 04:19 PM
So far, the suspect has been described by friends and familly as a quiet man who was rather anti-social, victim of bullying in high school, mysogynist, had a few delusion of grandeur when he was a teen, a bit trollish, but never was openly violent or agressive and wasn't linked to any political extremist (but had socialy conservative views). His profile isn't that much different from most shooters. Anti-social personnality, delusion of grandeur and depression combined can make for an explosive mix. Of course, his family is devastated and didn't see it comming at all. They are victims in this story too. I have good hope though that his actions won't create copycats and could see the Muslim community and the French Canadian ones improve their relationship which were tumultuous in the last decade.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
30-01-2017, 04:29 PM
(30-01-2017 01:32 PM)Misenhelter Wrote:  Here is a link to some pictures of Alexandre.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...ho-9722588

Looks like a normal enough dude up until that something's gonna snap look in the last picture.

#sigh
30-01-2017, 04:30 PM
(30-01-2017 09:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I feel I should be more clear. We don't know for sure that the attackers were Christians, and it doesn't actually matter if they were or not. It has no bearing on other practicioners of the religion, just as Stalin's actions don't have anything to do with my atheism. My parting "religion of Peace" comment was meant only to highlight how silly a statement it is when bigots point to the violence of Middle Eastern Wahabists and try to compare it to Westernized, everyday Muslims.

I am actually encouraged by the response of both the Premier of Quebec, Phillippe Couillard, and of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, in the wake of this attack:

The thing is though, Stalin never did anything in the name of Atheism whereas this, and most things throughout history, were done in the name of Christianity or Islam or whatever.

That's the difference.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
30-01-2017, 05:15 PM
I find it somewhat ironic—after the thousands of civilian deaths caused by Muslim terrorists in Western countries—for the mosque's president (whatever that is?) Mohamed Yangu, to say "Why is this happening here? This is barbaric", and "This is deplorable".

I wonder if he said something similar to the press after 9/11, or Barcelona and Germany, or London terrorist attacks. And if he truly doesn't understand why this happened, then he must have his head in the sand as regards the open dislike of Muslims in Quebec.

Quebec has long been host to a simmering debate over religious accommodation; last October, the province began parliamentary hearings on proposed legislation that would ban anyone wearing a face covering from receiving public services—obviously aimed at the niqab or burka.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.