Mosque Attacked in Canada - 6 dead, 17 wounded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: Mosque Attacked in Canada - 6 dead, 17 wounded
And then Trump and the Trumpettes try and use this to justify their immigration idiocy, all in spite of the fact that the shooter has turned out to be a homegrown alt-white Trump/Le Pen fan. Gotta love how they have neither sense nor shame.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
31-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Quebexicans need to be added to the list.

'Murican Canadian
31-01-2017, 05:54 PM
(31-01-2017 05:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Quebexicans need to be added to the list.

I'm thinking we should consider an entry ban on people from predominantly white, Christian countries. They're clearly dangerous and a threat to the peace and security of a civilized nation.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
31-01-2017, 08:26 PM
(31-01-2017 01:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  And the Canadian Council of Imams strongly denounced the laws. They also issued the statement linked below, which contains the following:

We, the imams who have signed below, hereby affirm and declare the following fundamental points:

1. We believe in the oneness of Allah (God) and in the oneness of humanity and that all the Messengers of God, including the final Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), have taught human beings how to come closer to God and closer to one another. Islam is a religion of nature and humanity, one that teaches that a person cannot be a good Muslim until he/she becomes a good human being. All human beings are equal, and all of them are the children of Adam and Eve (peace be upon them). The best Muslim is the one who is good to his/her family and neighbors and one who avoids harming others with his/her hand or tongue.

2. We believe in peaceful coexistence, dialogue, bridge building, and cooperation among all faiths and people for the common good of humanity. Islam does not permit the killing of innocent people, regardless of their creed, ethnicity, race, or nationality. The sanctity of human life overrides the sanctity of religious laws. Islamic rulings do not – and should not – contradict natural laws. Islam is a religion that promotes peace, justice, equality, dignity, and freedom for all human beings.

3. We believe in the preservation of all the necessities of life. Islam upholds the sanctity of religion, life, intellect, family/society, and property.

4. We believe that the well-being of our fellow citizens is the well-being of Muslims, and that the well-being of Muslims is the well-being of our fellow citizens. Being law-abiding people is part of the Islamic practice, and following the pristine teachings of Islam leads to good citizenship.
[...]

These positive humanitarian and societal ideologies are to be strongly commended, and should rightly apply to all religions, creeds, and factions—and to the sectarian population equally. But... at the end of the day, they're nothing more than words, and actions always speak more loudly than words.

In fact I'd go as far as to say many of those flowery phrases are deliberately disingenuous, intended to allay peoples' fears about Islam, crafted to suit the occasion, and/or manifest lies. If stuff sounds too good to be true—as this bumf does—then it probably is.

I took the time to gather together the number of civilian deaths and injuries, globally, caused by extremist Muslim attacks since 1979—the year official records were begun.

Total deaths number 14,356.
Estimated total injuries number 35,000.

These figures were recorded/retrieved by government authorities, peace-keeping organisations, and aid agencies such as the Red Cross, Oxfam, and UNHCR etc.

And bear in mind that the figures do not include military combatant deaths or any civilians killed since 22 July 2015 (no confirmed records yet).

The sheer number of deaths directly attributable to the Islamic cause makes a joke of the bullshit words of the Canadian Council of Imams. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security by these devious bastards.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-01-2017, 09:42 PM
(31-01-2017 08:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  These positive humanitarian and societal ideologies are to be strongly commended, and should rightly apply to all religions, creeds, and factions—and to the sectarian population equally. But... at the end of the day, they're nothing more than words, and actions always speak more loudly than words.

Well, in that case all stated ideological positions are just "words". Are you familiar with some sort of radical action by Canadian Muslims of which I am unaware?

(31-01-2017 08:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  In fact I'd go as far as to say many of those flowery phrases are deliberately disingenuous, intended to allay peoples' fears about Islam, crafted to suit the occasion, and/or manifest lies. If stuff sounds too good to be true—as this bumf does—then it probably is.

I think the word you're looking for to describe your position is "Alternative Facts".

Instead of saying, "deliberately disingenuous, intended to allay peoples' fears about Islam", you could have said, "reflecting a very different idea about Islam than what the Middle Eastern radicals believe, one held by most mainstream Muslims in the Western world, designed to help people fleeing the radical psychopaths in foreign lands to see Islam in a new light and help them integrate peacefully into Western society".

The statements of non-radical Muslims, who claim their faith positions are different from those of the radicals, are to them doctrinal bedrocks.

When you pretend that because there exist radical extremists who are violent (I'm actually shocked the numbers you quote below are so low), that those who are trying so hard to get away from them that they flee to a country where they'll be a tiny and often-discriminated-against minority are now equally suspect/dangerous, you are as much of a monster as the sort of people from whom they fled.

(31-01-2017 08:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I took the time to gather together the number of civilian deaths and injuries, globally, caused by extremist Muslim attacks since 1979—the year official records were begun.

These figures were recorded/retrieved by government authorities, peace-keeping organisations, and aid agencies such as the Red Cross, Oxfam, and UNHCR etc.

And bear in mind that the figures do not include military combatant deaths or any civilians killed since 22 July 2015 (no confirmed records yet).

Those are shockingly low numbers, to me. I expected much worse. Of course, it may be hard to tell just how many there are, since the majority of nonmilitary atrocities of that sort are committed against Muslims by Muslims, in areas that can be hard for outside observers to reach.

(31-01-2017 08:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  The sheer number of deaths directly attributable to the Islamic cause [directly attributable to the agenda of violent Islamic radicals] makes a joke of [even more poignant] the bullshit [heartfelt] words of the Canadian Council of Imams.

Fixed that for you.

(31-01-2017 08:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Don't be lulled into a false sense of security by these devious bastards.

All of 'em, huh? Wow.

prejudice
[prej-uh-dis]
noun

1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.

3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding an ethnic, racial, social, or religious group.

4. such attitudes considered collectively

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-02-2017, 12:43 AM
(31-01-2017 08:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I took the time to gather together the number of civilian deaths and injuries, globally, caused by extremist Muslim attacks since 1979—the year official records were begun.

Where did you find these stats and from which countries is the data taken? And what is the frequency of attacks. After all in a single day one group - al qaeda - took out 5000 odd civilians. That acounts for a third of all your civilian deaths.

This is deaths over a 48 year period we're talking, and we've got 14 000? I invite you to consider
  • Global deaths per year due to reckless driving.
  • Global deaths per year due to drinking.
  • Global deaths per year due to smoking.
These are all preventable, and my expectation is that they're all way in excess of the approximately 300 or so deaths per year due to terrorism that your quoted stats imply. In South Africa alone road accident deaths in 2016 totalled somewhere around 20 000 (I quote from memory, it was a huge news item a couple of months ago).

I propose a register, travel bans and humiliating interrogations for all drivers. Regardless of whether they're reckless or not, they're clearly a threat to national security.

Incidentally it is appropriate that your statistics do not include military deaths. Quite a lot of military deaths attributable to Muslims would be due to people going to their countries and shooting at them - you'd expect them to take that lying down?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-02-2017, 12:58 AM
PS: Can we have stats of civilian casualties of the Iraq war, if we're keeping score? Ya know, just so we can see if there's been enough compensatory murder by the good guys ™.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-02-2017, 01:05 AM
(01-02-2017 12:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  PS: Can we have stats of civilian casualties of the Iraq war, if we're keeping score? Ya know, just so we can see if there's been enough compensatory murder by the good guys ™.

Civilian casualties are hard, but there is a fairly good baseline, a minimum threshold which belies a number that is probably quite higher.

Estimates of Iraqi civilian casualties are highly disputed, and few sources have attempted to measure civilian casualties in Iraq. Various estimates are discussed below, and elsewhere in this article. See also the section on total Iraqi casualties.

Iraq Body Count project
An independent UK/US group, the IBC project compiles reported Iraqi civilian deaths resulting from the invasion and occupation, including those caused directly by coalition military action, the Iraqi insurgency, and those resulting from excess crime. The IBC maintains that the occupying authority has a responsibility to prevent these deaths under international law.

The Iraq Body Count project (IBC project), incorporating subsequent reports, has reported that by the end of the major combat phase up to April 30, 2003, 7,419 civilians had been killed, primarily by U.S. air-and-ground forces.

It shows a total range of at least 155,923 – 174,355 documented civilian deaths from violence in Iraq as of March 20, 2016.

This total represents civilian deaths due to war-related violence that have been reported by media organizations, non-governmental-organization-based reports, and official records. The IBC project has been criticized by some who believe it counts only a small percentage of the number of actual deaths because of its reliance on media sources. The IBC project's director, John Sloboda, has stated, "We've always said our work is an undercount, you can't possibly expect that a media-based analysis will get all the deaths."However, the IBC project rejects many of these criticisms as exaggerated or misinformed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties...casualties

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-02-2017, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 01:10 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Oh, and a side helping of the extra depressing.

Rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment
BBC News reported April 17, 2009, "According to several studies of the US military funded by the Department of Veteran Affairs, 30% of military women are raped while serving (14% of them gang raped), 71% are sexually assaulted, and 90% are sexually harassed."

According to data reported by BPW/USA, despite representing 15% of the US troops in Iraq, female soldiers only account for 2% of the war casualties, with half of them being reported as suicides caused by Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Because of the given figures and as BPW/denounces, military women were 15 times more likely to be raped by their fellows than die in the war.

I couldn't stop reading the information I was looking for, I just had to keep scrolling. Fuck me, right? Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-02-2017, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 04:43 AM by Szuchow.)
(01-02-2017 12:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  Where did you find these stats and from which countries is the data taken? And what is the frequency of attacks. After all in a single day one group - al qaeda - took out 5000 odd civilians. That acounts for a third of all your civilian deaths.

This is deaths over a 48 year period we're talking, and we've got 14 000? I invite you to consider

I found something that could be interesting - approximately 2.5% of all terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1970 and 2012 were carried out by Muslims[...]We determined that approximately 118 of the terror attacks – or 4.9% – were carried out by Jewish groups such as Jewish Armed Resistance.

Quote:[*]Global deaths per year due to reckless driving.

Nearly 1.3 million people die in car crashes yearly.

Allegedly close to 60% of deaths in western countries is caused by alcohol and texting while driving.

Quote:[*]Global deaths per year due to drinking.

WHO claims that in 2012 about 3.3 millions deaths were attributable to alcohol.

There is this site too - http://www.worldometers.info/alcohol/

Quote:[*]Global deaths per year due to smoking.

Smoking cause around 6 million people each year according to WHO.

CDC estimate that this number will go to 8 million in 2030.

Quote:Incidentally it is appropriate that your statistics do not include military deaths. Quite a lot of military deaths attributable to Muslims would be due to people going to their countries and shooting at them - you'd expect them to take that lying down?

But, but West is bringing civilization there and McDonalds, don't forget McDonalds. Surely few (thousands) of deaths are just collateral that no one reasonable can get angry about. It's not like their countries were invaded under false pretext.

Seriously though data speaks for itself and it isn't hard to find. Fear of terrorism is cultivated for a reason and said reason isn't hard to guess.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post