Most Americans I know personally are now drunk! :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 02:09 AM
RE: Most Americans I know personally are now drunk! :)
Well i am. But i usually am on wednesday. It's when me, my wife, and a few friends get together and chill out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 11:26 AM
(09-11-2016 08:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 08:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Never ever?

Not once. Never even drank a beer. I've had like 3 or 4 very small glasses of wine over the course of my life.

Don't sweat it, no doubt I took care of your share too. It wasn't wasted.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
10-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Smokin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Quite sober, actually. I wish I were schnockered - or maybe hallucinating.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
10-11-2016, 11:57 AM
(09-11-2016 10:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 10:01 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Not to brag or anything, but it's amazing I've gotten this far in life without intoxication.

You aren't missing a thing, and you are quite likely better off not even starting, given the general public's propensity for doing something really stupid while under the influence. Present company excepted, but for a few cases who already acknowledge that it can be a problem.

Some drink to remember, some drink to forget...

Me, I usually drink when I want to do something stupid. The key is to make sure that the people around you are at least as drunk as you are.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
10-11-2016, 12:37 PM
I'll join yez for a few. It probably wont be as bad as everyone says. Things always work out in the end. The glass is always half full....well it was a second ago, time for a refill....Tongue
Cheers, from the Emerald Isle.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 4 users Like Marozz's post
10-11-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm not much of a drinker. I have one beer just about every evening, but rarely more than that. I've been drunk maybe half a dozen times in my entire life (and I'm 61 years old). But last night was one of those times. I had to do something to kill the pain.

I had four beers left from my Oktoberfest stash, and I drank them all. With my low tolerance, that was enough to do the job, but now I'm out of beer. I still have three bottles of red wine, though. I might kill one of those tonight, or stop on the way home for a 6-pack of beer. I don't want to make a habit of this (my younger brother was a bad alcoholic, and it wasn't pretty), but I've never been this depressed in my life, and I have to do something.

I will have to admit, though, that being drunk didn't help. I spent half the evening crying anyway. Maybe I wasn't drunk enough. Maybe it's not possible to get drunk enough.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-11-2016, 02:18 PM
(10-11-2016 12:37 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I'll join yez for a few. It probably wont be as bad as everyone says. Things always work out in the end. The glass is always half full....well it was a second ago, time for a refill....Tongue
Cheers, from the Emerald Isle.

I love the Irish. HeartHeart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-11-2016, 06:07 PM
(10-11-2016 12:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Maybe it's not possible to get drunk enough.

It ain't for me. The emptiness never left, never got filled ... only ignored, until the next day.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
10-11-2016, 06:17 PM
(10-11-2016 06:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Maybe it's not possible to get drunk enough.

It ain't for me. The emptiness never left, never got filled ... only ignored, until the next day.

Good philosophy to live by and can work for any addiction. Better to deal with whatever is bothering you head on because covering things up with other things never works.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post