Most Americans I know personally are now drunk! :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2016, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016 10:55 AM by Grasshopper.)
RE: Most Americans I know personally are now drunk! :)
(10-11-2016 06:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 06:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It ain't for me. The emptiness never left, never got filled ... only ignored, until the next day.

Good philosophy to live by and can work for any addiction. Better to deal with whatever is bothering you head on because covering things up with other things never works.

I agree with this as a general philosophy, but in this case, I feel so helpless. There's no way to fight these assholes. They have taken over total control of the country (and my state as well), and they will never let go. And it's not like a hostile takeover -- you can fight that. The American people themselves voted for this and approved it. I can't fight everybody in the country.

But I can't get drunk every night either. I'm diabetic, and that doesn't mix very well with alcohol abuse. I can have my normal one beer a night with no problems, but if I'm slamming a 6-pack every night (which is what I feel like doing), that's not going to end well. But I'm not finding any other way to cope with this. Someone kill me now. I feel like the nuclear war can't come soon enough -- and America as a country deserves it. Bunch of stupid fucks...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2016, 05:24 AM
(10-11-2016 11:46 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Quite sober, actually. I wish I were schnockered - or maybe hallucinating.

'schnockered'

That's a fun one. Not all uncommon here in western PA.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-11-2016, 11:39 AM
(11-11-2016 10:14 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 06:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Good philosophy to live by and can work for any addiction. Better to deal with whatever is bothering you head on because covering things up with other things never works.

I agree with this as a general philosophy, but in this case, I feel so helpless. There's no way to fight these assholes. They have taken over total control of the country (and my state as well), and they will never let go. And it's not like a hostile takeover -- you can fight that. The American people themselves voted for this and approved it. I can't fight everybody in the country.

But I can't get drunk every night either. I'm diabetic, and that doesn't mix very well with alcohol abuse. I can have my normal one beer a night with no problems, but if I'm slamming a 6-pack every night (which is what I feel like doing), that's not going to end well. But I'm not finding any other way to cope with this. Someone kill me now. I feel like the nuclear war can't come soon enough -- and America as a country deserves it. Bunch of stupid fucks...

Despair does nothing. Dig your heels in and fight. There's a midterm coming up in two years, and that'll probably be the last chance to keep Trump from making two more SCOTUS appointments, which is, I think, his real threat. The Republicans need to lose the Senate, or we can kiss our remaining freedoms goodbye.

Dig your heels in and fight.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-11-2016, 01:53 PM
(12-11-2016 11:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 10:14 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I agree with this as a general philosophy, but in this case, I feel so helpless. There's no way to fight these assholes. They have taken over total control of the country (and my state as well), and they will never let go. And it's not like a hostile takeover -- you can fight that. The American people themselves voted for this and approved it. I can't fight everybody in the country.

Despair does nothing. Dig your heels in and fight. There's a midterm coming up in two years, and that'll probably be the last chance to keep Trump from making two more SCOTUS appointments, which is, I think, his real threat. The Republicans need to lose the Senate, or we can kiss our remaining freedoms goodbye.

Dig your heels in and fight.

I'm planing on doing volunteer work for the democratic party. I already signed up. I'm also going to write my congress members, state and national, plus the governor, senators and anyone else I can think of. If I don't do something I'll feel so helpless and vulnerable to trump's whims that I'll slide into a deep depression.

I did sign the petition to have the Electoral College representatives vote unbound. https://www.change.org/p/electoral-colle...ecember-19 It's a snowballs chance in hell but I'll give it a try anyway. Last I saw it was around 3.5 million people who'd signed it.

If anyone has any further suggestions how to fight this asshole trump and his backward thinking cronies I'm all ears.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Thinking about tipping back a few. I might need to get a couple of things done first...
Dodgy

Oh, who am I kidding? Where's my cork screw?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-11-2016, 05:19 PM
(11-11-2016 10:14 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I agree with this as a general philosophy, but in this case, I feel so helpless. There's no way to fight these assholes. They have taken over total control of the country (and my state as well), and they will never let go. And it's not like a hostile takeover -- you can fight that. The American people themselves voted for this and approved it. I can't fight everybody in the country.

I agree with Thumpa here. This attitude is defeatist and negative. Take an initiative and FIGHT.

Back in 2014 they told me I had 8 weeks to live. I fought and remain alive. I have confidence in you. Despair has horrid consequences. You can beat this. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
13-11-2016, 12:33 AM
(12-11-2016 05:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I agree with Thumpa here. This attitude is defeatist and negative. Take an initiative and FIGHT.

Back in 2014 they told me I had 8 weeks to live. I fought and remain alive. I have confidence in you. Despair has horrid consequences. You can beat this. Thumbsup

The way I reckon it, I put my ass on the line for my country for four years. I'm not about to let that slide into meaninglessness without fighting for it again.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post