Most 'Darwinists' today are similarly religious to creationists.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
11-05-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: Most 'Darwinists' today are similarly religious to creationists.
(11-05-2013 11:47 PM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 11:42 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Laughat

You think "white" is a race. How cute.

You think race is a "social construct". How cute.

Actually I don't.

I think there are many ways to separate one another based on differences that are antiquated, archaic, and deliberately spread the separation of humankind from one another.

Go be racist somewhere else.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 11:54 PM
(11-05-2013 11:51 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 11:47 PM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  You think race is a "social construct". How cute.

Actually I don't.

I think there are many ways to separate one another based on differences that are antiquated, archaic, and deliberately spread the separation of humankind from one another.

Your secular humanist egalitarian roots are showing.
11-05-2013, 11:56 PM
This is why we can't have nice things.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
11-05-2013, 11:58 PM
(11-05-2013 11:54 PM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 11:51 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Actually I don't.

Your secular humanist egalitarian roots are showing.

Thumbsup

Hahahaha

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Most 'Darwinists' today are similarly religious to creationists.
I suggest you at least to read a book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0393314251...-1&pi=SL75

I realize its focus is on intellect but I still find it a good read.
12-05-2013, 12:18 AM
(12-05-2013 12:14 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I suggest you at least to read a book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0393314251...-1&pi=SL75

I realize its focus is on intellect but I still find it a good read.

The writer of that book, Stephen Jay Gould is a fraud...

http://blogs.nature.com/news/2011/06/did...ge_hi.html

http://fringeelements.tumblr.com/post/10...ific-fraud
12-05-2013, 12:30 AM
(11-05-2013 08:57 PM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  Creationists find ascribing human origins to evolution from apes to be repugnant. The thought of it makes them queasy, they cannot stand that idea, so they reject it. Instead, they consider the idea that God created us all equally in his image.

The (egalitarian) Darwinists of today find ascribing racial differences to evolution to be repugnant. The thought of it makes them queasy, they cannot stand that idea, so they reject it. Instead, they consider the idea that evolution distributed traits equally.

Both religious dogmas. The latter perhaps even more dishonest.

I don't think what you're presenting here are "dogmas", but rather "taboos". There are still plenty of things that "make scientists queasy", such as the idea of creationism itself. But rejection of an idea doesn't equate to being dogmatic about its falsity.

I'm curious, though... what about this scientific taboo is "perhaps even more dishonest" than the religious taboo of men descending from earlier apes? Is it even possible for one lie to be "more dishonest" than another lie?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
12-05-2013, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 12:50 AM by Spectral-Rothbardian.)
(12-05-2013 12:30 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I'm curious, though... what about this scientific taboo is "perhaps even more dishonest" than the religious taboo of men descending from earlier apes? Is it even possible for one lie to be "more dishonest" than another lie?

One group, creationists, is generally consistent with their beliefs. The other group, modern egalitarian "Darwinists", are not consistent with theirs - They accept evolution, but not to the full extent of its conclusions.
12-05-2013, 12:49 AM
(12-05-2013 12:35 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 12:30 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I'm curious, though... what about this scientific taboo is "perhaps even more dishonest" than the religious taboo of men descending from earlier apes? Is it even possible for one lie to be "more dishonest" than another lie?

One group, creationists, is generally consistent with their beliefs. The other group, modern egalitarian "Darwinists", are not consistent with theirs - They accept evolution, but to the full extent of its conclusions.

Are they? Do all creationists believe in a literal seven-day creation? Do all creationists accept the story of a talking snake? Do they all believe that man was created in his present form?

But, even if we accept that all creationists are consistent, I still don't understand why that would make them "less dishonest" than "Darwinists". How many sects of "evolution believers" are there compared to different sects of Christianity? Is that really relevant when weighing the groups against each other? I personally don't think so. Consistency strikes me as a red herring.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
12-05-2013, 01:00 AM
(12-05-2013 12:49 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 12:35 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  One group, creationists, is generally consistent with their beliefs. The other group, modern egalitarian "Darwinists", are not consistent with theirs - They accept evolution, but to the full extent of its conclusions.

Are they? Do all creationists believe in a literal seven-day creation? Do all creationists accept the story of a talking snake? Do they all believe that man was created in his present form?

But, even if we accept that all creationists are consistent, I still don't understand why that would make them "less dishonest" than "Darwinists". How many sects of "evolution believers" are there compared to different sects of Christianity? Is that really relevant when weighing the groups against each other? I personally don't think so. Consistency strikes me as a red herring.

The creationists I'm thinking of are types that go out of their way to argue for creationism. Yes, there may certainly be some inconsistency among them, but they all ultimately hold the position that God created man and we're all equal under him... blah blah blah.

Darwinists (or evolutionists) stridently fight against "religious dogma" that is in denial of reality, yet they themselves deny the full extent of their own science.