Most 'Darwinists' today are similarly religious to creationists.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
12-05-2013, 01:02 AM
RE: Most 'Darwinists' today are similarly religious to creationists.
Our friend here is a stormfront.org racist. Evidence below.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...tre?page=2

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 01:11 AM
And he's a sock puppet. Grounds for a dinner date with the banhammer!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
12-05-2013, 01:53 AM
(11-05-2013 10:05 PM)Ghost Wrote:  To, everyone.

Darwinist(ism) is a perfectly cromulent word. Even biologists like Dawkins use it. If you wish to contest that, then that's a reasonable conversation to have... but it distracts from what is really going on in this thread.

Please tell me there aren't people called "Newtonists" who discuss gravity or physics. Blink

We're all well aware what's going on this this thread, and doesn't warrant any more attention. Newtonism on the other hand...
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
12-05-2013, 02:06 AM
(12-05-2013 01:00 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  The creationists I'm thinking of are types that go out of their way to argue for creationism. Yes, there may certainly be some inconsistency among them, but they all ultimately hold the position that God created man and we're all equal under him... blah blah blah.

Darwinists (or evolutionists) stridently fight against "religious dogma" that is in denial of reality, yet they themselves deny the full extent of their own science.

Couldn't one say "yes, there may certainly be some inconsistency among [Darwinists], but they all ultimately hold the position that man's origin was from primitive cellular life and we're all equal to them... blah blah blah"?

I'm just trying to get you to recognize your bias here. You're calling people who disagree with you "dogmatic", not because they fit the definition of dogmatism in any form different than the people that you agree with, but because you think the word is an insult (and I'd be inclined to agree!) and you wish to insult your opponents.

Perhaps the best way to view these groups -- in fact, any groups -- is as individuals rather than trying to stereotype them. If something isn't true of the collective by definition, it's almost certainly not true of every single member. After all, even in your citations you've found scientists who believe in evolution that "ascribe racial differences to evolution", examples of "Darwinists" who don't fit your view of typical "Darwinists".

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
12-05-2013, 02:11 AM
(12-05-2013 02:06 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Couldn't one say "yes, there may certainly be some inconsistency among [Darwinists], but they all ultimately hold the position that man's origin was from primitive cellular life and we're all equal to them... blah blah blah"?

I'm just trying to get you to recognize your bias here. You're calling people who disagree with you "dogmatic"

But "equality" is not part of reality or nature, and anyone with a legitimate understanding of evolution and natural selection should know that.

The Darwinists I am criticizing most certainly hold a dogmatic view of egalitarian secular humanism, that is not consistent with their science.
12-05-2013, 02:22 AM
(12-05-2013 02:11 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 02:06 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Couldn't one say "yes, there may certainly be some inconsistency among [Darwinists], but they all ultimately hold the position that man's origin was from primitive cellular life and we're all equal to them... blah blah blah"?

I'm just trying to get you to recognize your bias here. You're calling people who disagree with you "dogmatic"

But "equality" is not part of reality or nature, and anyone with a legitimate understanding of evolution and natural selection should know that.

The Darwinists I am criticizing most certainly hold a dogmatic view of egalitarian secular humanism, that is not consistent with their science.

You're still making assertions here, not backing up your argument. Calling someone dogmatic repeatedly still doesn't make it so. "Dogmatic", as I assume you're using it, means "forcibly asserted as if authoratative and unchallengeable" or in other words it means to be unwilling to change one's point-of-view under any circumstance. How is this true of "Darwinists" and not true of creationists? Are creationists willing to entertain challenges to their view of life's origins? Can you show evidence that this is even true of "Darwinists"?

I would also cite the definition of equality, too, but it isn't important. I'm trying to get you to see that, if your bias was for Darwinism rather than against it, you could make the same point about consistency... you're holding a double-standard when judging each group.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
12-05-2013, 02:32 AM
(12-05-2013 02:22 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  How is this true of "Darwinists" and not true of creationists?

I never said it wasn't true of creationists. They can be just as dogmatic as secular humanist egalitarians.

My problem with Darwinists that are secular humanist egalitarians and don't accept the reality that racial difference are ascribed to evolution, is because they at least accept evolution, but not to its realistic ends.

And this dogma is everywhere in academia and the media, you must be stupid not to notice it.
12-05-2013, 03:04 AM
(12-05-2013 02:32 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 02:22 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  How is this true of "Darwinists" and not true of creationists?

I never said it wasn't true of creationists. They can be just as dogmatic as secular humanist egalitarians.

My problem with Darwinists that are secular humanist egalitarians and don't accept the reality that racial difference are ascribed to evolution, is because they at least accept evolution, but not to its realistic ends.

And this dogma is everywhere in academia and the media, you must be stupid not to notice it.

I know you're frustrated, but try to avoid calling your opponents "stupid" unless you enjoy getting insulted in return. When you do that, you forfeit your right to get offended at personal insults because we'll just cite the times when you do it yourself.

It's true that you didn't say it wasn't true of creationists, but you are trying to make a comparison of the two groups, and so it's important to note that your criticisms of one groups are equally fair to aim at the other group -- assuming that they're true of Darwinists, which you're still just asserting. You even added insult because I'm asking for evidence rather than giving you the benefit of the doubt. Do you understand that all beliefs are not necessarily dogmatic? Let's grant you that scientists who believe that evolution is true don't hold that all conclusions found from such is research is true. Can you give us evidence that this view that they hold can't be changed with more (or better) evidence? Can you prove that it's dogmatic? I imagine that most evolutionists also don't believe in unicorns, but it's not necessarily dogmatic... if you presented them with a unicorn and allowed them to verify its authenticity, they'd probably start believing in unicorns. But given the fact that the evidence for unicorns is weak, I don't think you or I would apply a label like "dogmatic" to them even if they couldn't be convinced that unicorns aren't real. I don't personally know how to evaluate the arguments for racial evolution made in these papers, but it's possible that there's a good reason that scientists reject them other than "dogmatism".

12-05-2013, 04:32 AM
(11-05-2013 11:33 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  ...
Sure, you can categorize by skin color and skull shape and eye folds, but you can also categorize by earwax type, and I don't see anyone making a "race" out of that.

Very cute.

But my earwax is better than your earwax, punk!

12-05-2013, 05:06 AM
I call I&I, oh, sorry, Fucktardo on this one.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Videos Of Religious Ignorance? WiltedFigTree 10 173 12-07-2014 02:06 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Educational, unbiased religious info smileXsmileXsmile 11 233 10-07-2014 12:43 AM
Last Post: Hamsaka
Video Religious Nut (doesn't trust sunglasses) Raptor Jesus 10 193 03-07-2014 07:55 AM
Last Post: natachan
  Arguments to convince religious people Mozart Link 11 291 02-07-2014 02:22 AM
Last Post: JONES
  Celebrating Religious Based Holidays for celebratory not religious value worblewatch 15 205 28-06-2014 04:38 AM
Last Post: JONES
  Your religious score Shadow Fox 35 590 27-06-2014 11:11 PM
Last Post: CindysRain
  A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It WindyCityJazz 87 1,162 24-06-2014 08:30 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz