Most 'Darwinists' today are similarly religious to creationists.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
12-05-2013, 07:27 AM
RE: Most 'Darwinists' today are similarly religious to creationists.
(12-05-2013 01:00 AM)Spectral-Rothbardian Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 12:49 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Are they? Do all creationists believe in a literal seven-day creation? Do all creationists accept the story of a talking snake? Do they all believe that man was created in his present form?

But, even if we accept that all creationists are consistent, I still don't understand why that would make them "less dishonest" than "Darwinists". How many sects of "evolution believers" are there compared to different sects of Christianity? Is that really relevant when weighing the groups against each other? I personally don't think so. Consistency strikes me as a red herring.

The creationists I'm thinking of are types that go out of their way to argue for creationism. Yes, there may certainly be some inconsistency among them, but they all ultimately hold the position that God created man and we're all equal under him... blah blah blah.

Darwinists (or evolutionists) stridently fight against "religious dogma" that is in denial of reality, yet they themselves deny the full extent of their own science.

Provide an example.

Yes there are biological differences between races. Those of African descent are much fitter for the environment of Africa than those of European descent.

But we are all the same species, we all come from the same ancestors, and there is no reason to treat anyone of another race/ethnicity/nationality unequally purely because of biological differences.

In fact, if we were to take it to it's full extent as you advise, every single living thing on Earth came from the same distant ancestors - we are related to every living thing on this planet in some way or another so there is no reason to treat any animal, plant, fungi, virus or bacterium differently than we do other people.

Though we would be justified to take into account issues of survival such as food and reactions to danger such as combating illness.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Roth, you're an ignorant racist and a fucking coward.

ON EDIT: The moderators probably aren't going to close these threads or ban Roth. So I call upon every member of the community to ignore him.
12-05-2013, 08:56 AM
You have been previously banned for sockpuppetry formerly allahuakbar and realitarian.

Dont come back again.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
12-05-2013, 08:57 AM
(12-05-2013 08:48 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Roth, you're an ignorant racist and a fucking coward.

ON EDIT: The moderators probably aren't going to close these threads or ban Roth. So I call upon every member of the community to ignore him.

Why are they not going to ban him? He's already admitted to being a sockpuppet.

[Image: giphy.gif]
12-05-2013, 09:04 AM
(12-05-2013 08:48 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Roth, you're an ignorant racist and a fucking coward.

I wont close the thread, but he has been banned for flouting 2 previous bans.

12-05-2013, 09:28 AM
(12-05-2013 09:04 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

I wont close the thread, but he has been banned for flouting 2 previous bans.

The least you could have done is ask if everyone was done with him yet.

Now we have to wait till he shows up again and start this whole process of tearing apart his logic all over a gain.

Spoil sport.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Previous bans?

Under what monikers did this guy go under?

Also; how desperate can a person be for interaction that they repeatedly return to internet forums, after being banned for several times while clearly obvious toward the negative attention they must inevitably receive?

However fucked up they are, it's a sad, yet absolutely hilarious, tale of woe and parent owned basements.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-05-2013, 09:40 AM
(12-05-2013 09:28 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  The least you could have done is ask if everyone was done with him yet.

Now we have to wait till he shows up again and start this whole process of tearing apart his logic all over a gain.

Spoil sport.

Oh don't worry I'm sure he'll be back, I banned his other 2 accounts either yesterday or the day before and he didn't wait very long to rejoin.
(12-05-2013 09:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Previous bans?

Under what monikers did this guy go under?

Also; how desperate can a person be for interaction that they repeatedly return to internet forums, after being banned for several times while clearly obvious toward the negative attention they must inevitably receive?

However fucked up they are, it's a sad, yet absolutely hilarious, tale of woe and parent owned basements.

allahuakbar and realitarian

[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
12-05-2013, 09:58 AM
I maintain my second question.

So sad.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Out of curiosity, what's sockpuppeting?

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt