Most Embarrassing Thing You've Done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Most Embarrassing Thing You've Done
I was gonna make this thread a few days ago but I forgot about it. So, what's the most embarrassing thing you've done? Or at least, that you can recall?

I can't remember most of them - probably because I generally avoid embarrassing situations - but sometimes you just can't help it. The other day, I took my car to the shop to have a leaky valve repaired. As I pulled into a parking space outside, a highschool-looking guy pulled in to the space next to me. The door was just a few yards away, and I was determined to get to it first so as to avoid having to dance with him as we tried to decide who reached out to open the door first. Making haste, I fast-walked to the door and attempted to open it. It wouldn't budge. Given that it was about noon, I decided they must be at lunch and turned around, disappointed.

"Are they open?" he asked with a confused look. "I think they're at lunch" I responded, "it's almost noon, so they probably locked up for an hour or so."
We both stood talking with one another for a few moments when a woman, who had been smoking nearby, extinguished her cigarette on the ground and walked to the door with her hand in her pocket. Without saying a word, she pulled the door open and walked inside.

The kid looked at me like I'm a jackass and I said "...Or you pull it instead of pushing it." When we walked inside, we saw that the entire staff had been sitting behind the front desk and watching us curiously the whole time. Dodgy

The second thing that comes to mind was when I was in a shouting match with my sister a couple of years ago. We were in the parking lot of the local grocery store, and for the life of me, I cannot remember what we were arguing about. But whatever it was, it was heated. It was the dead of Winter and she began wandering toward the store in an effort to walk away from the argument. In a harsh tone, I shouted my final point, then turned around to storm off. Unfortunately, I didn't see the patch of ice which had frozen atop the pavement and before I knew it, my legs were thrown above my head and I landed on my back. In a fury, I stood (not without slipping) to my feet, only to find that my sister was keeled over in tears of laughter...along with a few other bystanders.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Misanthropik's post
01-03-2013, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 11:43 AM by Peanut.)
RE: Most Embarrassing Thing You've Done
Nearing the end of a very long day at work and almost no sleep the night before, I had one of my most embarrassing moments ever.

I can't remember the exact amounts, but there was a long line and this lady's total came up to be around a 109$. I always count cash in front of them so they can see that I got exactly what they gave me. Well, said guest gave me many bills (20s, 10s, 5s, etc) totalling 110$ (I think.) Anyway, I counted it, realized she didn't give me enough and recounted it again. It wasn't "adding up." I smiled and said,"Sorry! It's been a long day!"

She looked at me like I was stupid. She gently took the money back, leaned on the counter and loudly counted each bill in front of me. My face slowly started to burn. For some reason, I counted AGAIN-maybe it's because it's habit after someone gives cash? By this time, I knew there was enough and yet right before I went to push the button to open the drawer, I said, "Okay, out of 100$." (DAMN IT! Brain, turn on!)

The young girls waiting in line giggled and one said, "WOW."
The lady took the change and left. I rushed through the next transaction and hoped they didn't give cash. They did. (Who uses cash anymore?!)

I still think about it and get that awkward feeling Sad

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2013, 04:55 AM
The one moment that I will never forget is when I was about 13-14. I was chilling in my front garden watching the world go by when a couple of my friends walked past. They hadnt been my friends for long and we were all still getting to know each other. We were immature kids who tried to act like gangsters and putting on fronts to each other. We were planning on what we could do to make a raise so we could have a smoke when my mum opened the front door and shouted....

"CHRIS!!! Garfield is on telly"

That was my image wrecked Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Picture this if you will:
Bar scene, multiple levels, me young and full of co...testosterone.
Couple sitting just above us and the man continually moving and swaying his head over the railing.
My wife wearing a low cut blouse.
Me having enough with the peek-a-boo asshole and getting in his face telling him to stop looking at my wife's boobs.
Bar coming to a quiet standstill.
The guy's wife yelling back at me that her husband wasn't looking at my wife's boobs.
Me in a loud accusatory tone saying the she is blind that she hasn't noticed her husband's constant gazing.
She telling me that the one who is blind is her husband!
Me being carried out by my friends.
Weeping

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Fucking exhibitionists. Does posting in this thread count? Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't get embarrassed by much of the stupid shit I do. If I did, I'd be walking around red faced all day every day.

That said, there was this time when I spent about two hours on the phone with a friend... walking around in my shop, making frequent stops at the refrigerator for a shot of cactus juice. Toward the end of our conversation, I tripped on a rocking chair and fell into the exhaust pipe on my bike. I didn't think much of it and in fact, my buddy never even knew I fell. I went to brush off the dirt on my face and noticed a bit of blood but thought, Oh well, no biggie. When I went in, my wife and son and daughter in law flipped out on me. They said I needed to got to the hospital and I said I needed to go to sleep. Well, when I got up the next morning, I went to blow my nose and to my chagrin, my eyeball popped out of my head. Not all the way out, mind you, but far enough out as to raise some suspicion. Long story short, I had fractured my skull under the eye and well, it wasn't a good thing.

The embarrassing part? The security camera had caught it all, so my family was able to get a great laugh at my expense. I have to admit... it was funny.

After the hospital visit:

[Image: 2012-04-17_18-51-31_153_zps6ac98767.jpg]

The offending motorcycle exhaust:

[Image: 2011-06-04_14-08-10_18.jpg]

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
01-03-2013, 12:06 PM
(01-03-2013 09:58 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  my eyeball popped out of my head.
What the Hell!? I was going to "like" your post but thought that would be awkward...
Undecided

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
01-03-2013, 12:08 PM
(01-03-2013 12:06 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 09:58 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  my eyeball popped out of my head.
What the Hell!? I was going to "like" your post but thought that would be awkward...
Undecided
I have to say my first thought was "that can happen?", oh shit.
Then I thought of the phrase from TTA that sums it up, "What The Actual Fuck?"

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2013, 05:35 PM
"I have to say my first thought was "that can happen?", oh shit."

Well, it was a bit of an exaggeration but yes, the eye can come out of the socket.

Thankfully, I didn't have to push it back in there...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Mine. White terrycloth shorts don't work well as swim trunks. Blush

(01-03-2013 09:58 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  The embarrassing part? The security camera had caught it all, so my family was able to get a great laugh at my expense. I have to admit... it was funny.

The fuck dude, you so gotta post that shit on youtube so we can see it. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.