Most Ridiculous Christian Warning I've Heard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2014, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2014 09:25 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
Thumbs Down Most Ridiculous Christian Warning I've Heard
One of my uncles is a big time Bible thumper. He got into this hardcore Christian phase after he quit drinking. He relapsed with the drinking a few years later, but the Bible thumping shit still remained and has ever since.

Anyway, I'm over at my dad's today and my uncle starts talking about his Bible shit as always, and then tells me that when people say that Christianity is not true, the Bible warns to "Watch out for wolves dressed as sheep." That was his warning to me that atheism is the wrong path and that I need to listen to the Bible.

I just find this quote hysterical, how it refers to the Christians as sheep. All I could think was "Yeah, that's exactly what you all are. A bunch of sheep blindly following the herd, like lambs being lead to the slaughter."

The irony of it just kills me.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
10-07-2014, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 07:21 AM by Rahn127.)
RE: Most Ridiculous Christian Warning I've Heard
You should have said "Lambs are very gullible and all the gods I know love lamb served with a cold Guinness and a hot potato loaded up with everything on it. You know how you lead a lamb to slaughter ? You trick it into thinking that a sweet treat is waiting for it just around the corner"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
10-07-2014, 09:32 PM
I would ask him if he thinks wolves cross-dress as sheep for a reason, and what he thinks that reason might be. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-07-2014, 09:47 PM
I have probably heard worst warnings. IMO, the worst warning is that god is going to burn down an entire country: because we touch ourselves at night.

LOL.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
10-07-2014, 09:55 PM
(10-07-2014 09:30 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You should have said "Lambs are very gullible and all the gods I know love lamb served with a cold Guinness and a hot potato loaded up with everything on it. You know how you lead a lamb to slaughter ? You trick it into think that a sweet treat is waiting for it just around the corner"

Trust me, I've tried to get him to at least step back and look at religion and how it works with an open mind, but it's a lost cause. It's just annoying as hell that anything and everything that comes up always ends up with him making a reference to the Bible. It's always "Well, that's in the Bible..." There's seriously no escaping this crap with him.

It would be fine with me if he said he "found Jesus" and just kept that shit to himself, but he has to spew his religious crap every chance he gets.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
11-07-2014, 02:11 AM
Isn't the 'wolves dressed as sheep' metaphor more apt when used to refer to people pretending to be Christians? Like for example a pastor who gets rich from all the donations to his church?
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
11-07-2014, 02:45 AM
(11-07-2014 02:11 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Isn't the 'wolves dressed as sheep' metaphor more apt when used to refer to people pretending to be Christians? Like for example a pastor who gets rich from all the donations to his church?

Yep!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
11-07-2014, 03:02 AM
(10-07-2014 09:30 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You should have said "Lambs are very gullible and all the gods I know love lamb served with a cold Guinness and a hot potato loaded up with everything on it. You know how you lead a lamb to slaughter ? You trick it into think that a sweet treat is waiting for it just around the corner"

Blindly following like sheep isn't a compliment.
[+] 1 user Likes BillHicksWorshipper's post
11-07-2014, 10:21 AM
(10-07-2014 09:18 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I just find this quote hysterical, how it refers to the Christians as sheep. All I could think was "Yeah, that's exactly what you all are. A bunch of sheep blindly following the herd, like lambs being lead to the slaughter."

It's pretty common. Jesus is frequently referred to as a shepherd in the Bible (also the Lamb of God, so I have no idea how that works, but whatever). Jesus specifically tells us to be as credulous as children, or we won't accept him. Paul tells us that God's foolishness is wiser than man's wisdom.

It's not like the Bible has ever been real keen on skepticism, evaluation, or introspection. Those things kinda kill the religion before it gets off the ground.

(10-07-2014 09:47 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  IMO, the worst warning is that god is going to burn down an entire country: because we touch ourselves at night.

We know this is true, because that shit just started recently. Up until the 60's, people didn't touch themselves. Ever. Now, it's happening all the time. We can see God's wrath in the increased natural disasters. All of those disasters before this time were just regular natural disasters, though.

It's true!
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
11-07-2014, 12:58 PM
(10-07-2014 09:18 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  One of my uncles is a big time Bible thumper. He got into this hardcore Christian phase after he quit drinking. He relapsed with the drinking a few years later, but the Bible thumping shit still remained and has ever since.

Anyway, I'm over at my dad's today and my uncle starts talking about his Bible shit as always, and then tells me that when people say that Christianity is not true, the Bible warns to "Watch out for wolves dressed as sheep." That was his warning to me that atheism is the wrong path and that I need to listen to the Bible.

I just find this quote hysterical, how it refers to the Christians as sheep. All I could think was "Yeah, that's exactly what you all are. A bunch of sheep blindly following the herd, like lambs being lead to the slaughter."

The irony of it just kills me.

Hmmm, since Christianity is based on the Bible then if Christianity is not true then the Bible is not true which means neither are any warnings based on what the Bible says. That darn logic keeps popping up to ruin everything.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick