Most Violent U.S. State (Home Sweet Home)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Most Violent U.S. State (Home Sweet Home)
(18-12-2013 03:03 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 12:53 AM)Juv Wrote:  Mine is number nine. Because of Baltimore.

Good old charm city. "Welcome to Balt'more Hun" (stab)

They shouldn't include Baltimore in the MD stats. It's not a city so much as a penal colony.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Notice how all but 2 of them are notoriously republican states?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Texas isn't on the list? Dayamn...every day I hear about more murders in the metroplex. I hate to think what it's like in the states listed.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
18-12-2013, 07:23 PM
(18-12-2013 04:38 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 01:16 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I found it interesting that places like Illinois didn't make the list, with Chicago notorious for being a murder capital. Additionally I would've expected New York, Chicago, California, and possibly other coastal states like Washington, Michigan and Virginia. Michigan counts as coastal, right?
Washington is super chill, you should move here Tongue.

I'm pretty sure Seattle was rated the most intelligent City in the US. (Note, this doesn't mean the city with the most intelligent people). http://www.komonews.com/news/around-the-...70341.html

Actually, the city in which I work, go to school, shop, etc. is highly regarded for being an intelligent city as well. About 40% of it's residents have a Bachelors Degree or higher; 15% higher than the rest of the state. But what this FBI release revealed is that high education does not mean low violent crime rates.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-12-2013, 07:34 PM
In Alabama we don't kill people.

We just hang them. Shy

I am totally kidding
18-12-2013, 07:35 PM
I think US citizens should have more guns. That should solve the problem of violence.
Amrite?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
18-12-2013, 07:41 PM
(18-12-2013 07:35 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I think US citizens should have more guns. That should solve the problem of violence.
Amrite?

Aggravated assault account for most violent crimes. That almost certainly means guns were not involved. Once guns are being shot it jumps to murder or attempted murder.

18-12-2013, 07:47 PM
(18-12-2013 07:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 07:35 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I think US citizens should have more guns. That should solve the problem of violence.
Amrite?

Aggravated assault account for most violent crimes. That almost certainly means guns were not involved. Once guns are being shot it jumps to murder or attempted murder.

Pulling a gun can result in an AA charge, at least in MD.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-12-2013, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 08:15 PM by Dark Light.)
(18-12-2013 05:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Notice how all but 2 of them are notoriously republican states?

Florida is neither blue, nor red. They are arguably now a little more democrat aligned, but it's a toss up at best.

Nevada, New Mexico, Delaware, and Maryland are all blue states.

4.5 Democrat leaning states, and 5.5 Republican leaning states.

Notice how people's biases forgo facts and make prejudiced decisions based on desires?

18-12-2013, 07:59 PM
(18-12-2013 07:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
Amrite?

Yeah, I know, I was just...

What exactly is an "aggravated assault" ? Not every punch counts as "aggravated" , right?

I just looked this up
Guns per capita
Why am I not surprised with the second place on the list Sadcryface2

I am surprised by Switzerland on fourth tho.

I know it doesn't necessarily has to do with crime rates ( kind of obvious with Finland in 5th ) , just an interesting statistic.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's